• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Introduction​

As a celebration for Azure Striker Gunvolt’s 10 Anniversary (birthday Aug 2014), I’m gonna be doing a multi-part verse revisions, including buffs and nerfs- before I start working on more long awaited profile completions. This is Part 1 of 4 (currently).

This part will be covering some parts of Hax Potency, but mostly addressing the new standards for Hax Layers by pretty much reworking how the layers in this verse will work from the ground up, putting into question old Layers I see on the current pages and see how they hold up against the new standards, as well as adding new layers for haxes that I have never discussed before to have layers.

It will also touch on the 4D Potency of certain haxes as with how they interact with Astral Order, which we have previously established is of this level.

As a side note, this specific part of the Anniversary CRT was specifically designed so I don’t have to submit to the Layers Review Thread that was in effect since the standards were in effect- and I have since been prompted to re-evaluate all of the layers the verse has- so I might as well redo it entirely. I thank @Theglassman12 for clarifying that this was an alternative way to have these layers accepted in the new standards.

The Rules (Taken from our Hax Page)​

Layering is the ability to break through resistances to one's ability/hax. Successfully using an ability against a resistant character means that the ability is "layered." Further, resisting a layered ability is an indication of layered resistance, so on and so forth.
  • Basically we need to have a demonstrated Resistance < Bypass < Resistance < Bypass sequence for layers to apply, I originally attempted to get 166+ Layers of Sealing Resistance for GV resisting the 1000 Glaives, but according to these rules, that won’t fly here.
An ability becoming stronger does not automatically mean it is layered unless it is shown to overcome a resistance
  • This one is important. There are many points where abilities just get stronger to bypass resistances, however, there are some that simply cannot get layers because they just are “stronger” than another without a resistance piercing feat to go with it.
Moreover, layering should not be thought of as applying to abilities which intuitively can be overcome with magnitude, such as heat resistance or analytical prediction. For instance, it is not layered fire manipulation to burn someone with a heat source hotter than they can withstand.
  • This one isn’t really except one at the very end which I will mention when the time comes

Hax Layer List​

I’ll be going over these in a manner that flows from one topic to the next. Any resistances characters have will be appropriately scaled to be whatever layer the hax is.

As well, Astral Order is going to be a topic of this thread, which is- for everyone’s reference, a 4D Ability

Damnatio Memoriae Layer​

Currently I cannot find the evidence for this, as the layer that is referred to is Tenjian's Seven Slashes which is not a 4D Ability which Damnatio Memorie (subset of Astral Order) is. So, this one layer is going away.

Unless spacetime manip is a 4D hax by default, then I guess it stays and would also apply to some Prevasion stuff

EDIT: Looks like Time Hax by default is 4D, but this doesn't really pierce any resistances or similar so... still no good. A "Greater" will do

Sealing / Power Nullification / Power Absorption​

There are three main sources of Sealing (and the other haxes as every single source does absorb and nullify powers)

For those who question whether the sealing is power based or not (as in, if they are seals that can be broken with sheer power), the answer would be no, at least for the seals (Radiant Fetters/Glaives) that appear in ASG3.

Prevasion​

Prevasion is the series cheat code defense ability where it turns people intangible (typically into electrons) to evade attacks.

Some Prevasions are simply better than others

Currently, Gunvolt’s Prevasion is also considered Layered 4D in GV3 for allowing him to evade Astral Order’s 4D Damnatio Memoriae, a subset ability of Astral Order
  • The main reasoning is that Greed Snatcher, as previously discussed, worked on Astral Order
  • Yet it completely failed to work on GV3’s Prevasion, which also worked against effects from Astral Order’s abilities
  • If Greed Snatcher and Prevasion are of the same “layer”, Greed Snatcher SHOULD be able to nullify Prevasion. Yet, it doesn’t. So Prevasion should just get a Layer off of this.
    • This cannot be a resistance since Gunvolt in GV3 cannot resist the power nullification of Kirin’s Radiant Fetters, which failed on Moebius’s resistance, yet Moebius couldn’t resist the nullification of Greed Snatcher. This must be a property of Prevasion itself.
    • If this is re-accepted it would also have to apply to Gunvolt’s general Azure Striker abilities as mentioned before, making them Layered 4D, at least in GV3.
  • Regardless of the Layer, Prevasion is a subset of Azure Striker, it would not make any sense for his electrical abilities to not scale to it. This is especially true for the Non-Physical Interaction Image Pulses have, which are made of Gunvolt’s Azure Striker

Dragon Radiation​

This hax ability, appearing in Azure Striker Gunvolt 3, will be important for almost all of the remaining hax.

The primary thing about it is that it seeps through the Glaives (see previous scans where Gunvolt was sealed by Glaives earlier), the 4D Sealing swords mentioned earlier, making the Radiation 4D and the abilities associated with it which also should have been sealed.

Sealing in this verse is proven to work on the entirety of someone’s abilities- as even the original Glaives were designed to control and suppress all Septimal powers, as Kirin was able to seal off the Dragon Radiation completely in addition to all of Gunvolt’s other powers, which means the Radiation itself seems capable of bypassing the Glaive’s sealing properties.

Dragon Radiation has a few properties, that being Mind Manip / Madness Manip Type 2, Hacking, and Empathic Manipulation. While the last one has nothing to do with Layers, the first two, being effectively the same thing, do.

Those who resist these effects of Dragon Radiation (aka Kirin) would scale to the potency of the Radiation as well.

Mind / Madness Manipulation​

Dragon Radiation makes people berserk, though, we don’t have a proper explanation of how. However, we do know that the Muse Septima is actually quite similar to Gunvolt’s Azure Striker, being of the same type of electron controlling ability and being close in nature (raw scans here).

The Muse Septima is capable of controlling the minds of Adepts to brainwash them, and controlling people's minds in general. So it’s not unlikely that Dragon Radiation does the same thing

Now, onto the Layers.
First off it’s important to note that Moebius’s Dragon Radiation is superior to Gunvolt’s. And Kirin can simply sit there and not be affected by it, making her resistance even greater.

The Djinn (named “Luxia”) is a similar type of Septima to the Muse. And she uses her near identical powers to threaten to put all Sumeragi adepts unconscious, including Kirin. However, Image Pulse Lumen manages to cancel this out with her own powers. Being able to pierce Kirin’s Resistance counts as a Layer.

And as stated before, the real deal Lumen should be superior to this because Image Pulses are inferior to who they copy.

Hacking​

There are surprisingly a LOT of hacking feats in this verse, but I’ll only go over the ones that are actually relevant

Dragon Radiation has Hacking powers, as it’s source is the Azure Striker itself, which already has had established hacking powers. Even an Image Pulse version of his berserk Dragonvolt State has hacking abilities. As Image Pulses have been able to bypass Prevasion, a 4D electron intangibility, there should be no reason why Hacking isn't 4D. As well, Teseo's Hack the World is a similar type of ability to the Azure Striker, which has been affected by tech based off the (old style) Glaives. So a dedicated hacking ability is also suceptible to something Dragon Radiation

Note that GV said that in his peak condition he can overwrite his own Dragon Radiations hacking, however, he’s never been in his perceived “peak” since Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, since he’s never been humanoid (the form where he actually has good control over his powers unlike his rampaging Dragon self which Zed states has no control in Episode ATEMS) in GV3 up until he does his first Arc Unleashed, which happens AFTER when he says this.

Teseo’s Hack the World is something that Gunvolt in GV2 is incapable of changing, as his “hacking” of the system he hijacked was “write-protected”, and Gunvolt was completely unable to change it because Teseo’s Septima is inherently better than his at hacking (as Gunvolt said he couldn’t do anything about it)- meaning that Teseo’s “write-protected” hacking straight up resisted Gunvolt’s hacking. However, I have my doubts on a GV2 Hacking genuinely being 4D, as Teseo's superior hacking should be suspect to a Glaive

Later on though, perhaps due to Primal Dragonization, Gunvolt is able to create an Image Pulse of Teseo and his abilities- though it is inferior to the real deal. Since he replicated Teseo’s ability, he should scale to him in this department too. To support this, he can replicate some of his abilities that involve data

Those who resist Teseo’s Hacking, such as Copen. It is also possible that Copen’s hacking ability has reached this level of potency

Total Result:
Scenario 1: Dragon Radiation (4D) < GV2 GV < Teseo = GV3 GV
Scenario 2: GV2 GV < Teseo, Dragon Radiation (4D) < GV3 GV

Will simply just go with "Possibly" to merge these two interpretations together

Electricity / Azure Strikers​

Gunvolt’s ASG3 Azure Striker​

Gunvolt from Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 currently has 4D Electricity Manipulation scaling from his Prevasion (which defended against Astral Order’s 4D Damnatio Memoriae attack). While this still remains true as Prevasion is a subset ability of the Azure Striker (Electricity Manipulation), there is no reason why this shouldn’t apply to all of his other electric based hax, being subsets of the Azure Striker- this would include his Hacking, and the previously mentioned Image Pulses that directly damage Gunvolt himself straight through the 4D Prevasion.
  • Note that Gunvolt in his peak condition can hack machines that went berserk via his own Dragon Radiation

It has previously been established that Azure Strikers are completely immune to and absorb attacks from the Electrowhip ever since the very first scene of the series.
  • But then, against the final boss of the game, Asimov, another Azure Striker- Gunvolt is able to be hit by Asimov’s electric attacks. Thus, Azure Strikers can bypass the resistance and absorption, making it Layered. However, this means they lose Resistance Negation that they’ve had for awhile, since it was added before layering was properly understood
  • Copen has the ability to copy Septima from others via studying the Septimosome of an Adept, found in Asimov’s blood. When he does this and gains the Pseudo-Septima “Stellar Spark”, copied from Asimov’s Azure Striker
    • Yet even when he used Stellar Spark on Azure Striker attack on an Azure Striker, Gunvolt was able to completely resist and absorb the electrical attack. This was used as another Layer for Gunvolt, but thanks to the new standards, there was no resistance that differentiated Stellar Spark from the Azure Striker, so this layer will have to go for now. As well, their Absorption also loses its layer because of this
The rules at the top state that powers that can intuitively bypass resistances do not count, however in this case, that doesn’t apply.
  • Asimov and Gunvolt’s Duel in GV1 proved that, despite Gunvolt being weaker than Asimov, he was able to damage him with his Azure Striker’s Electricity. Gunvolt’s voltage or wattage, or whatever it may be, should be something Asimov can resist if his own electricity that he uses is superior to that. Yet, he doesn’t. This clearly isn’t output based.

Last edited:
So does the fact that ZedΩ's harem all used the Binding Brands for their Armed state mean that they have resistance to sealing with the same layers as the Binding Brands or do they not grant that kind of resistance?

So does the fact that ZedΩ's harem all used the Binding Brands for their Armed state mean that they have resistance to sealing with the same layers as the Binding Brands or do they not grant that kind of resistance?
Binding Brands should scale above the Glaives since they sealed Moebius up, and they do grant power far greater than them. I'm not sure if Glaive users cannot be sealed by other Glaives, so I wouldn't know about the interaction between Glaives and Brands either. It's certainly something to look into

Just Baseline.

You can argue that GV’s is stronger than the others but it’s most notable feat is just being more contagious, whereas the others don’t seem to make their victims able to spread radiation on their own

Even then it may all be the same level of radiation

bump, but while this is happening, is it possible to do another CRT or can two CRTs not go at the same time?

I think the non enforced rule for the number of CRTs is two at a time per verse.
Well, Mystic got one and I got one, but I suppose I can make a CRT that just includes his CRT inside of it

also Mystic I saw that, yes her Stat Reduction is part of Radiant Fetters, so it does apply

Well, Mystic got one and I got one, but I suppose I can make a CRT that just includes his CRT inside of it

also Mystic I saw that, yes her Stat Reduction is part of Radiant Fetters, so it does apply
Yeah, I deleted that cause I saw that you already mentioned in the OP that Kirin's Radiant Fetters subset abilities also get the layers.

Sorry for the late response but I've been busy with irl stuff and haven't had any free time. From what I have looked over the revision looks okay but I don't have time to do in-depth looks on large revisions though from the scans I did check, this seems fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back