• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Weakened Base Kenpachi eyepatch on < Sternritter girls <= Healthy Base Kenpachi eyepatch on < Shikai Rg byakuya < Gremmy with clones < Shikai Kenpachi

They would still downscale from a healthy base kenpachi eyepatch on. Considering he never took off his eyepatch means he could still be taken more damage. But i know its a reoccurring theme to hype up Kenpachi here and downplay Byakuya. Which is pretty annoying when you like Both characters and the difference between them is one spot. Though i knew it was bias on both ends regarding Byakuya when comments about him stay dying get kudos bombed

eh i prob shouldnt either i stopped caring about bleach statistics and i know the opposing argument would get fra bombed even if i havent been countered so no point really

Weakened Base Kenpachi eyepatch on < Sternritter girls <= Healthy Base Kenpachi eyepatch on < Shikai Rg byakuya < Gremmy with clones < Shikai Kenpachi

They would still downscale from a healthy base kenpachi eyepatch on. Considering he never took off his eyepatch means he could still be taken more damage. But i know it’s a reoccurring theme to hype up Kenpachi here and downplay Byakuya. Which is pretty annoying when you like Both characters and the difference between them is one spot. Though i knew it was bias on both ends regarding Byakuya when comments about him stay dying get kudos bombed
Cool but you forgot that Shikai Byakuay at full power could not damage 1st Giant Gerard and was bleeding from his attacks meanwhile base zaraki with his eyepatch on was casually slicing him.

CFYOW also compare Shikai Byakuya to Shikai Tokinada and Shikai Shunsui so it is pretty consistent

He removes it shortly after going Shikai cus Gerard became too strong
Won’t lie, Zaraki cutting off his arm isn’t that good considering it’s practically a sneak attack. He doesn’t do anything noteworthy after. I’m not saying Byakuya scales to Kenpachi or Gerard but honestly none of them scale to Gerard. Base Kenpachi got casually shield smacked by Gerard too and had to use his Shikai, take off his eyepatch, and use 2 hands to just match a strike from him

Won’t lie, Zaraki cutting off his arm isn’t that good considering it’s practically a sneak attack. He doesn’t do anything noteworthy after. I’m not saying Byakuya scales to Kenpachi or Gerard but honestly none of them scale to Gerard. Base Kenpachi got casually shield smacked by Gerard too and had to use his Shikai, take off his eyepatch, and use 2 hands to just match a strike from him
Ehh you're splitting hairs, I don't see how it's a sneak attack when he's in the middle of a battle with 3 Captains

Ehh you're splitting hairs, I don't see how it's a sneak attack when he's in the middle of a battle with 3 Captains
Nobody was aware of Zaraki's prescence until that moment he cut Gerard, FKT Aizen and Ichigo should already be proof enough that if you're not paying specific enough attention you can get harmed by attacks you outscale and for consistency we don't scale SS arc Tosen to Zaraki for harming him in bankai because the absence of Zaraki's senses made it impossible for him to defend himself properly despite being in the midst of battle

Gerard was literally fighting with Toshiro and Byakuya?
It’s not like he was off guard.
anyway it is still more impressive given byakuya could not even scratch him.
It’s not like trying to discredit zaraki give any credit to byakuya. Doesn’t work like that.

Gerard grew stronger after zaraki cut his arm because he literally grow stronger based on the damage he receives. That’s why after Zaraki need to use his Shikai. Pay attention to what you read.

Let’s also ignore zaraki physically overpowering him even when Gerard noticed him. Stop COPING pls.

0667-009.png

Last edited:
Nobody was aware of Zaraki's prescence until that moment he cut Gerard, FKT Aizen and Ichigo should already be proof enough that if you're not paying specific enough attention you can get harmed by attacks you outscale and for consistency we don't scale SS arc Tosen to Zaraki for harming him in bankai because the absence of Zaraki's senses made it impossible for him to defend himself properly despite being in the midst of battle
The amount of false equivalence here it’s crazy. But cool story bro.

Thats a lifting strength feat. Byakuya has never done something like that even they were portrayed equals in earlier arcs, Plus first attack is a sneak attack/caught off guard, Nobody knew he was there. Caught off guard 101. In boxing/mma the punch you dont see is what knocks you out.

A sneak attack is opponent being unaware of you and you have the inability to brace for impact. Bracing for impact is what usually prevents knock out but if you dont see the attack you are basically defenseless. Anime takes this to another extreme. Gerard nor the people with better reflexes than Gerard saw it coming. He was off guard and toppling him is a lifting strength feat.

Yea and Meninas scales to his combat speed. Lilotto also forced him to dodge and made him worried. Candice canceled out a getsuga, and only lost an arm to a dual getsuga. Ichigo also knew the attack was too dangerous which is why he said dodge. And with chad shit um making entire tybw 4-C and ill use gremmy galaxy as justification muhahahah

Back