• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burning_Full_Fingers

VS Battles
Retired
Okay, I'm forcing two of my favorite dudes from both series to beat each other up. But it's okay, because it's tough love. The fight takes place in Britain. Ban is completely serious and starts out with Physical Hunt. Inb4 "Lancer throws his spear".

Ba: 7 [?] (Promestein, Lorenzo.r.2nd, HalfAsianFan, LordAizenSama, WilliamShadow, Knightofannihilation666, Monarch Laciel)

Lancer: 4 (Gargoyle One, Ramesses the Sun King, Xmark12, Scarletmoon56)

Standard Battle Assumptions

20170811 201957
Megane!Lancer
This is Lancer summoned in Europe. Speed is equalized. Who wins?

Lancer takes this.

The dude is an incredibly upfront and brute fighter who would have Annihilated Archer had it not been for his previous expierience and can take a lot of punishment himself as he continued to live even after stabbing himself.

Ban's Regenerationn is useless and aside from that...There's really nothing special about him expierience wise and I don't remember any decent feats that didn't require his Regenerationn, ultimately, fights over once Lancer uses Gae Bolg.

Lancer takes this 8/10 times

I mean, Lancer is better as a fighter and all but he can't put Ban down without Gae Bolg so I'd say Ban has a good chance before that since he holds an advantage in AP + being able to drain Lancer's strength to weaken him and strengthen himself further. Of course, Lancer's Battle Continuation is cool, but Ban wouldn't hesitate to go for stuff like yanking his heart out or attempting decapitation. Zero Sign might help as well and snatching Lancer's spear to possibly leave him open or defenseless temporarily.

Well I mean....Yeah he's not going to win if he doesn't have spear......Considering the spear itself created wounds that can't heal and not Gae Bolg

Lancer takes this 8/10 times, Gae Bolg anti unit and anti army is a instant kill, even if Ban somehow manages to dodge it through some bs Good luck he wouldn't be able to regen the damage and Cu can use Anti Unit Gae Bolg 7 times before needing to recharge his mana. Ban can steal his strength I guess but Cu can buff his own strength with runes so it's irrelevant. Magic resistance prevents Ban from stealing his things.

Gae Bolg doesn't completely negate Regenerationn, for the record. It just inhibits it. Ban would regenerate more slowly, but it wouldn't be gone.

I strongly doubt Lancer will use Gae Bolg before Ban snatches his strength, uses Zero Sign to outmaneuver him and take him by surprise, and kills him.

Ban's regen is considerably better than Avalon. It's debatable whether or not the Barbed Spear would even kill him, given that Nasu's stated that people who don't need their hearts could keep on going.

@Prom

But Snatch is a magical ability, wouldn't it be weakened or nullified by Lancer's Magic Resistance?

While I'm sure it'd be weakened, I doubt it'd be nullified, and Ban still has Zero Sign. With his strength advantage all he needs to do is use Zero Sign and punch Lancer's head off.

Pretty sure Ban wouldn't do that in character since IIRC he only used Zero Sign when blooodlusted to save Mel. I doubt he would use that against Cu. Nasu says a lot of things and contradicts them like "void shiki can only fight defensively against average servants".

If anti unit Gae Bolg doesn't kill It will still leave a nasty wound and fill his body with barbs and mess up his regen, thrown Gae Bolg will annihilate him with 30 spear heads that pierces him and blows him up while messing up his Regenerationn that would lead to a incap/kill. Stealing strength wouldn't be to bad since Cu can buff his strength with runes.

I'll just mention that Ban actually has a bit of type 2 immortality to go with his type 3. Even if he is inhibited from regenerating, wounds like a destroyed heart and things like that won't put him down.

lol yeah, ik. I was stalling and considering. well he can steal lancers strength, but since he is already using hunt from the start, he might not have that much space left to steal from lancer. so its gonna be a mano vs mano battle, and since ban can regen most attacks, that will prolly cause some 'psychological warfare' on lancers ass, along with ban's (seemingly) superior strength. but I doubt that lancer will let him get close, so ban is gonna be running around the whole time, but wont be getting tired, while lancer most likely will. and ban might have lived longer, so I don't know bout experience in this case.

Alright

Ban is probably not going to bother dodging Lancer's attacks to begin with, and is just going to le himself be impaled.

However, due to the aformentioned sorta type 2 immortality, that won't kill him, and he'll realise that he isn't healing properly. At which point, he'll start trying to actively dodge. His healing, which is vastly superior to the healing given by Avalon, will let him slowly regenerate the wounds he does take.

The stat stealing aspect of Snatch has a similar effect to Medusa's gaze, which Lancer blocked with Runes. But if this is Hunterfest Ban, he's essentially "full" anyway, and can't take in any more stats from his opponent. Though I don't think that Ban could steal Lancer's lungs or brain or other critical organs.

What he can use Snatch to do do, is move the spear. Even deflecting it slightly would be enough to help him dodge.

I can see him using Zero Sign to hide himself, which unlike Assassin's Presence Concealment, doesn't drop when he moves to attack. It also hid him from the senses of the Ten Commandments, who can sense beings from tens of kilometres away. And then he just needs to walk up and break Lancer's neck, and Lancer won't realise he's there until his head has done a 360 in several directions

But I'm not voting yet. If anyone thinks otherwise, I'll wait for that.

Saber wasn't able to heal properly from the Gae Bolg wound for a long time, When used as a noble phantasm Gae Bolg's curse and anti healing is much stronger until Cu died she could only heal the outside if it.

Since Cu isn't hampered by a command spell he would be fighting to kill. He always fights with full power so when he notices his regular attacks or Anti unit Gae Bolg isn't working he will use anti army Gae Bolg, which unleashes the full power of the curse as a bunch of spear heads that will blow up Ban and mess up his Regenerationn long enough to count as an incap victory.

And Ban has never done that in any of his fights, when he uses hunterfest or anything he is always cocky and careless. So I don't see him doing that unless bloodlusted.

@Monarch and Ramesses

I made Ban completely serious because he doesn't take things seriously in character. So, he isn't going to be cocky and all that.

Ban takes this since he's serious and has the AP/dura advantage. Fetching Lancer's heart wouldn't be too difficult for him.

For the record, losing his heart or any other part of his body does not kill Ban, and he came back when he was turned into droplets of blood.

Again that doesn't matter against Cu's anti healing, Cu closes the gap in ap and durability with Runes. And one shots with Anti Army Gae Bolg and prevents him from regenerating with its curse. Magic resistance negates the fetching heart. Cu can set up a rune barriers and buff himself enough to hold of Gil for half a day. Cu can also continuing fighting without a heart. The only time Ban has ever used Zero sign was when he was bloodlusted and trying to save Meliodas. Cu always fights seriously and if he sees that Anti Unit Gae Bolg doesn't work he uses thrown Gae Bolg and one shots.

Just like Burning literally just said, Ban is completely serious, not in-character. Fox Hunt (which Ban uses to steal hearts or literally anything else) is not a magical ability, and Cu does not get to notice that Anti Unit doesn't work if he dies.

If Cu could could one-shot someone with Mountain Level+ dura, he would be able to casually one-shot every single Fate/stay night character including Gilgamesh.

Literally all abilities in Nanatsu No taizai is magical.. Cu fights one character seriously in the VN. He is city level in stay night but can still take down Herc multiple times with Rune boosting him to Mountain level and boosting his noble phantasms. Cu can survive and keep fighting while having his heart destroyed and having his upper body torn in half. And rune boosting him in Ireland will put him on par with Ban. Rune boosted Gae Bolg would kill anyone in stay night besides Gil due to Gil having shields that can tank Large Mountain level attacks.

HalfAsianFan said:
Just like Burning literally just said, Ban is completely serious, not in-character. Fox Hunt (which Ban uses to steal hearts or literally anything else) is not a magical ability, and Cu does not get to notice that Anti Unit doesn't work if he dies.

If Cu could could one-shot someone with Mountain Level+ dura, he would be able to casually one-shot every single Fate/stay night character including Gilgamesh.
Despite Gilgamesh able to tank large mountain level attacks, and the fact that Lancer only fought one servant seriously.

He could one-shot because Barbed Spear negates durability and will always strike. Ban can't defend against anti-healing + something that will always strike you that's spammable.

Lancer wasn't able to go all out because of a command seal, and if he didn't, he would face all Servants seriously. Even if he didn't go all out in the beginning of this fight, he'll quickly realize his enemy's much stronger than him and go all out as well.

Battle Continuation+Runes+Durability Negation+Anti-Healing makes me vote for Lancer here after a tough fight.

It isn't quite spammable, only 7 times, and because it will always strike the heart, any use after the first is going to be irrelevant.

Durability Negation in the sense that it'll always strike/go through the heart, and how will it be irrelevant afterwards? Every strike counts. Also this is Europe-summoned Cu, so if he'd use runes, it wouldn't be a stretch to say he would be equal to Ban in terms of raw AP, since even when not summoned in Europe, he bumped up a whole tier level.

Because it will always strike the heart, once Ban's heart has been pierced, there's really not much more that attack is going to do to him.

Still would hurt like a female dog, and Ban would probably use those abilities first @Aizen. But, Cu would still most likely realize the major strength difference as well as his physical strength being weakened and instantly go in for a Barbed Spear after seeing the disadvantage he's in. Lancer's an excellent fighter, and he isn't arrogant.

After that, it would be a battle of "who will live the longest". Will Ban survive long enough to put a fatal wound on Cu? Or will Cu pull off a win when Ban bleeds out.

For me, I'll still pick Lancer. Battle Continuation will allow him to live long enough as long as a fatal wound isn't made, and even if a fatal wound is made such as getting his heart stolen, Lancer would still be able to survive for a while like in UBW. Added with the length of a polearm protecting him as well as Runes to unleash further distance attacks, trap Ban and him in a certain to ensure he won't run away, and to boost his strength temporarily would make me think Cu would last long enough to pull off a win. His defensive fighting is nothing to scoff at after-all.

What if Ban offers Lancer a chance to stay in the Boar Hat for a night, and gets Elaine or Merlin to give him dog meat as dinner?

What then...!

Lancer is a dog, soooo... XP

Also isn't Snatch Magic? That was an argument in the Saber vs Ban fight, and Lancer also has Magic Resistance, albeit Rank C. What would Ban's Snatch be classified if it were in the Nasuverse?

@Xmark, I'm referencing the original Cuchulain legend. He has a bunch of blessings called Geass, that all give him increased strength and stuff like that, but he only keeps them as long as he doesn't break the geass. One of the Geasses is "accept any offers of hospitality" and the other is "don't eat dog meat". So when he's offered dog meat, he's torn between eating the dog meat, or not accepting the hospitality, which breaks his Geass, strips him of his power, and he dies in the next battle.

Yes it would be classified, but its only C resist, not enough to actually stop it. He'd still be weakened as Ban grows stronger, he'd just not lose quite so much power at once.

Ayy, that's pretty good!

Also I still stand by my point that Lancer would last long enough with all of the skills he has at his disposal. It's just now there's the argument that Ban's advantages are weakened, strengthening said point.

Just saying Ban doesn't feel pain after spending years in a torture cell and doesn't die if he bleeds out, since drops of blood can grow into a new body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back