• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Monarch Ban ain't giving Elaine to anyone and if Lancer touches Merlin, well Escanor or generally Merlin herself...

Also I think I will go for ban as i kinda support more the reasons on his side.

Which reasons? I'm pretty sure I made counter arguments for most of the points for Ban.

Battle Continuation is slightly worse than Ban's immortality, even without Ban's regen

Gae Bolg Anti-Unit - destroys Ban's heart once, which he shrugs off, and further uses of AntiUnit GB do nothing. And it won't "hurt like a female dog". Ban's introduction to the series has him impaled several times throughout various points over his entire body, and he isn't in any pain at all.

Anti-Army - can be blocked, dodged, redirected with Snatch

Regen - like Prom said, his regen is significantly better than Avalon's. He's still going to be able to regenerate, just not quite as fast as he normally would.

Magic Resist - slows Snatch down, can't stop it. So Lancer get's weaker and weaker while Ban gets stronger and stronger. Also doesn't stop Ban messing with Lancer's spear and moving it around to throw off Lancer's attacks

Ban is serious here, so he's going to use Zero Sign to creep up and snap Lancer's neck or crush his skull.

@Monarch

"Destroying Ban's Heart once" along with inhibiting regen. I can't say this will stop Ban, but it will certainly make him think twice.

Anti-Army cannot be dodged due to a conceptual curse. It can be intercepted or blocked, but dodging is definitely out of the question.

If Ban tries to use Zero Sign, Lancer can use Ath n Gabla to force honorable combat.

It would make him more wary, but that would only serve to improve Ban's chances. It wouldn't actually be a killing blow.

Ok, didn't know it couldn't be dodged. Seeing as it's higher, I don't see Ban blocking it either then.

The Ath n Galba requires Ban to look at the rune to fall under the Geass. And it only makes things honourable as in it stops Ban from running away from the battlefield, I don't think it restricts his use of abilities. So Zero Sign is still an option.

Monarch, Archer literally stated it was impossible to dodge, otherwise there would be no reason to use Rho Aias

Well I forgot that bit, ok Gargoyle? I don't have the scene with me at all times.

And yes, the anti unit form is luck based. Ban isn't the luckiest person either though

@Knight

You have to be ridiculously lucky to dodge the Anti-Unit form of Gae Bolg (which Ban isn't because his whole life has been bucket loads of bad luck, hence his reason for trying to become immortal in the first place), but it's impossible to dodge the Anti-Army version since it's conceptually cursed to always strike the target in a manner akin to Odin's Gungnir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back