• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of Kings (King Dedede vs Bowser)

Mind Manipulation, Possession (He can resist the effects of Lucien, remaining mostly in control of himself and using Lucien's power for his own goals even after Lucien regained his full power, couldn't be possessed by the Elder Princess Shroob, able to remain in control of himself when Dimentio tries to use his mind control stalks on him)

Ok but Dedede's friend hearts can overwrite Void termina's mind control instantly meaning they are a layer above.
Bowser only has baseline resistance

Ok but Dedede's friend hearts can overwrite Void termina's mind control instantly meaning they are a layer above.
Bowser only has baseline resistance
Dimentio's mind manip overpowered Mario and Luigi's resistance, Bowser kinda just shrugged his mind manip off

Dedede doesn't kill him or do anything negative to him, hed make bowser his friend. Why would it activate?
Why would DeDeDe throw a friend heart when he usually only does that when his opponent is down or the oppoent is named Void Termina?

Why would DeDeDe throw a friend heart when he usually only does that when his opponent is down or the oppoent is named Void Termina?
He does it against literally any enemy he wants as an ally. Overpowering an individual jamba heart is hard thus they end up punching it out of the opponent and then landing the FH, however against people not powered by a jamba heart Dedede would use it as a secondary attack

DeDeDe fights like, 1 person who isn't effected by a Jamba Heart in this key. And Butter Knight never gets friend hearted to my knowledge

You can play as dedede and FH allies which is necessary
Yeah. I know, my point very much still stands. DDD doesn't open up with Friend Hearts and would land a hit on Bowser with his hammer, causing a retry clock to go off, Bowser quickly realizing he can't stand toe to toe with the triple D, and going for a Catch Card or some other quick hax option that DeDeDe doesn't resist, or he could also use Spatial Flip to avoid all attacks from DeDeDe and test his resistances until something works. DeDeDe can win, considering that quite a few of his options are quite fucky, but Bowser has the better ressurection and Retry Clocks invalidate most of what DeDeDe can do.

although DDD really starts with that, seeing that he has the ap advantage and can easily finish off bowser... the idea of occupying a heart would be after seeing if he revives and of course if he can somehow keep his memory after a try clock, which even then by the time he occupies the friend hearts he would have already been sealed or you would have to deal with a bunch of bowser that can occupy the same hax's as the original....

although DDD really starts with that, seeing that he has the ap advantage and can easily finish off bowser... the idea of occupying a heart would be after seeing if he revives and of course if he can somehow keep his memory after a try clock, which even then by the time he occupies the friend hearts he would have already been sealed or you would have to deal with a bunch of bowser that can occupy the same hax's as the original....
I'm 99.9% sure memories are kept after retry clock goes off

I'm 99.9% sure memories are kept after retry clock goes off
Even if he does, I don’t think Dedede will opt for friend hearting Bowser after killing him the first time and seeing him revive. Maybe after several retry clocks are used Dedede would start to consider it, but by then Bowser would have already long since adjusted to the situation.

Dedede may be arrogant but he's mainly lazy. He only cares about the rivalry with Kirby and thus he would probably opt for using FH after the first revival.

Back