• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Alrune scaling to sheba seems extremely sketchy but I don't wanna waste time from getting to the 3-A stuff so If we could please go over that later.

She says "I feel like I could be queen of this realm" which kind of sounds like she's making a guess, but again I really don't wanna distract and waste more time from getting to the juicy 3-A argument part.

That's very questionable of a statement, especially if she couldn't overpower Rodin in his base form.

Who couldnt? The only ones who faced Rodin in his base form that game were base alraune and Madama Butterfly

You're missing my point. Base Rodin is just High 6-A, and you said you're ok with Jeanne not scaling to Jubileus at all. So if that's the case then why would she be High 4-C for absorbing another High 6-A character that couldn't defeat Bayonetta, who lost to a younger Loptr, who's High 6-A.

I'd like to get this over with so I can get back to working on an upgrade to 5-B for a different Platinum Games character.

Well, I guess I am waiting on 2 calcs as well, and I've already gone over the abilities and scaling for the new characters to be added to the one character verse. I only have a few more things to sort out other than waiting for the calcs.

I am curious though how Glass explains Bayo post-Awakening fighting Jubileus. Theres no real reason why her power would just randomly decrease.

Because it’s only with the left eye, which awoke during the end of Bayonetta 1. The fact that she never replicates the same feat of taking on another Jubileus level character in base form, and the fact that Loptr tells her she’s not using her full potential with the left eye, means she did get a decrease in power when not using the left eye

Because it’s only with the left eye, which awoke during the end of Bayonetta 1. The fact that she never replicates the same feat of taking on another Jubileus level character in base form, and the fact that Loptr tells her she’s not using her full potential with the left eye, means she did get a decrease in power when not using the left eye
Except the left eye is explicitly stated to not be an amp several times

Except for the fact that Loptr tells her she's not realizing her true potential cause she's not using the left eye. And Balder amped the cannon to nuke the moon. Neither of these scenes you remotely debunked.

I'm not familiar with the verse, but I ended up getting in a discussion about this feat, a character gets a building thrown into them, and I've heard is knocked out once they land.

Since she makes a sound when falling, she's not knocked out during that fall, but that isn't quite the full story imo.

There's three ways that "Getting hit really hard and then landing" can play out:
  1. The initial hit can have less energy than the landing. This extra energy can only come from gravity, which isn't likely considering that gravity can only get the energy output on human-sized characters up to 9-B. This shouldn't have been enough to KO, and seems unrealistic when a ******* building did the initial hit.
  2. The initial hit can have the same energy output as the landing. This is unrealistic physically because of air resistance, but might be considered a best case/ideal for situation 3.
  3. The initial hit can have more energy than the landing. The extra energy is lost to air resistance.
When you get launched by an attack like this, the energy of the punch is what launches you, and the transition from 0 speed to X m/s is what causes the damage. But going from X m/s to 0 m/s causes the same amount of damage. So with the small amount of energy lost to air friction taken out, you'd still take a lot of damage from hitting the ground.

In situations like these, especially when the character is more injured after the fall than they were before, it'd seem like the fall caused comparable although slightly less damage than the initial hit.

This makes me interpret it as a situation where one blow isn't enough to KO but two are. I don't know what that evaluation actually changes for the verse, so I'll leave that part to y'all.

I acknowledge that this explanation was a little bit scatterbrained, please let me know if anything I said needs more clarification.

Last edited:
Whether or not Loptr knocked her out does not change the argument that he held a significant advantage over her. Her being hit with a piece of a building and getting knocked out by the fall is more proof against her possible 4-C and 3-A scaling because I don't think that falls or falls in general.

I could give her the benefit of the doubt and say Bayonetta fell asleep mid-air as a result of exhaustion from summoning Madama Butterfly to headbutt the meteor but that still doesn't solve the issue of her being outclassed by Loptr and even reinforces the difference of power between the two as she is never that exhausted after summoning Madama Butterfly so that would mean it took a lot of energy to destroy that meteor or fight Loptr, that is if you adhere to this explanation.

What proof is there that he outclassed her though? He himself admitted that he had to flee in order to not lose to her in that fight
The entire fight is proof, it's been linked so many times so others can judge for themselves. Give me the proof that he admitted he had to flee and also the 3-A stuff.

No? Glass wants his downgrade so i'll let him have it, i'll just make the upgrade later, ive worked too long on it to risk posting it here where people are coming into it already disagreeing with me.

The changes were applied for this thread, I believe by Glass. If nothing else is left to do, this can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back