• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Being able to communicate with animals - Automatic Translation?

The proposed examples aren't powers though, they're just being multilingual. Therefore they aren't automatic translation.
If they aren't provably superhuman it would be nothing but intelligence; I'm referring to cases like the Amazons where you're blessed with the knowledge to speak all languages. The cases like the Universal Translator from Star Trek or the T.A.R.D.I.S instantly being able to translate all languages for the companion's perception and speech are what should qualify as a supernatural power, same as how only actually impressive skill in Martial Arts or Weapon Skill are counted under their respective pages.
Hell why can't Animal speech just be limited Animal Manipulation?
After all, the power is called "Automatic Translation" because it's not just learning another language. It's an ability that translates for you.
I'm fully aware why it's called that thank you
If you want to make multilingual a page, it should be its own page.
I don't and it shouldn't; it should be an intelligence section thing
Edit:

Someone like Eliza from Wild Thornberrys actually would qualify for it though.

I think that omnilingualism/general automatic translation already has its own page.

Back