• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Berta Mori Weiggert vs Brain Unglus

From the looks of Brain and from what I can remember solely on Berta's fight with Tesla, both are pretty straightforward. Brain does have several abilities to increase his stats and blows tho, Berta doesn't have anything notable beyond her skill with Laevatein.

Depending on Brain's first action, he should be capable of messing Berta's actions up with Fortress and easily keep up with Field active. Think he might get this in but depends on his first IC actions.

Berta could throw 100,000 automatons at him if things get dicey, normally she would use Typhon since it's the strongest but obviously that's restricted.

Memory is sort of iffy though don't remember when it was said she could control that many automatons, and would that be considered part of her standard equipment? Hmm.

Hmm. If brain is stationary and Berta runs over then this fight is over for her. If it's sword clashing type of thing then with the use of [Instant Flash] or [Found Fold Slash Of Light] he wins as they both exceed their combat speed. For defense he has [Fortress] he can extend to his sword or any part of his body. Even with those he can boost his abilities...

To keep it short, martial arts in this case are just magic skills disguised as 'warrior strength', if we were to assume he has access to the lower rank types such as [Instant counter] that returns him to an attack stance, sort of like missing your strike but then halfway through when you're opponent has relaxed they find that an attack is headed towards them again even though they just dodged.

Checking her profile she has reality warp and a light speed attack, lol. I've said my piece, now i'll disappear, probably for good

Oh I was going off the idea that she was with just her sword, which is technically something she'd need alone considering how Tesla noted it being bad for even someone like himself, tho I think that might also have to do with it having a green stone which makes it dangerous.

Her having automatons doesn't seem like standard equipment to me, at least going off the sole fight of her to my knowledge. If she does have some laying around in the fight, I can see her going for a more tactical solution of simply ganging up on Brain or as a distraction long enough for her to deal a fatal blow.

@Muchacho Her light speed stuff is with Typhon which she doesn't have here, and reality warping isn't really useful in combat, just takes her herself and her opponent to another dimension, i mean technically she could do that and then leave her opponent there, but that's not really IC.

@Qliphtoth Yea the only fight we see was her vs Tesla and she didn't use those automatons, but as you said probably cause her sword is dangerous for beings like Tesla.

Probably would have to specify that she has the automatons, since i also don't think it's IC, so not relevant here.

I forgot what martial arts she is trained in except she lived and trained in Japan, you remember?

Aye. It can literally go both ways depending on Berta's equipment.

If she goes in with just her sword like her fight with Tesla, Brain will likely end up pulling off one of his abilities above that might spill trouble for her. Berta's by no means a slouch going off the fact she literally kept up with Dance Macabre's unpredictable attack patterns and then react fast enough to Tesla after he tried to sneak attack her or something iirc.

If she goes in but with some Automatons, she can have them do a tactic like I said above which I personally think would help distact Brain enough to get a blade through his skull or something.

Celestial Pegasus said:
I forgot what martial arts she is trained in except she lived and trained in Japan, you remember?
Perhap i'm just misrembered it. But isnt Berta's swordmanship is self-learning ?

Brain's probably got the skill advantage here, being almost as skilled as the greatest warrior in the kingdom, and his martial arts provide quick, powerful boosts that'll likely be enough to catch Berta off guard. Voting for Brain for now.

Well, her self-taught knowledge is still enough to matchs Tesla in a sword fight. And Tesla has got trained by a samurai master (arcoding to what he said)

but Brain seem to has superior swordmanship and all those buffs. So my vote go to Brain for now

I guess I'll have to go Brain as well. Berta's style might have been enough to the point Tesla even admired her skill in fighting off his thunder blades and avoiding his lightning, but Brain's just got more abilities via his buffs, which gives him more variety to try out against her and has just as much skill if not better.

Back