• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that Goku heavilly implies that Bejita got faster after he went monkey, along with the fact that slumbering can also meant this

Not to mention that in Dragon ball Super manga; Kefla loses after she becomes SSJL because her rage impeded precise movement, so we already have SOME kind of correlation between anger and the lose of precision
Oozaru Vegeta isn't angry.
Japanese Dialogue says sluggish

Prove it.
Someone could've added this to the speed section by mistake, and it went unnoticed for years.
Proof of this is that no accepted scaling chain has Oozaru as a speed multiplier.
You need to give me the exact thread where this was accepted, because if it is a mistake, it's not accepted
Wouldn't you need to be the one proving it's a mistake? You're just kind of asserting that it is. And if mistakes are made regarding a verse's statistics, you make a thread to deal with them. You don't take an existing thread and haphazardly change its course like this

Also even personally speaking, changing a thread's course midway through is one of my biggest pet peeves

Prove it.
Someone could've added this to the speed section by mistake, and it went unnoticed for years.
Proof of this is that no accepted scaling chain has Oozaru as a speed multiplier.
You need to give me the exact thread where this was accepted, because if it is a mistake, it's not accepted
Wouldn't you need to be the one proving it's a mistake? You're just kind of asserting that it is. And if mistakes are made regarding a verse's statistics, you make a thread to deal with them. You don't take an existing thread and haphazardly change its course like this

Also even personally speaking, changing a thread's course midway through is one of my biggest pet peeves
?

Okay
  • There is no thread where Oozaru form is even cited as a speed multiplier (from the accepted ones in the Verse Page)
  • No accepted scaling chain has Oozaru as a speed multiplier.
  • No supporter, staff, or anyone was aware of this, which wouldn't be the case if it was accepted by staff in a thread.
  • This was never a point of debate in any speed scaling threads I've been a part of.

Would that suffice my burden of proof and allow me to ask you to provide evidence that this was accepted?

Okay
  • There is no thread where Oozaru form is even cited as a speed multiplier (from the accepted ones in the Verse Page)
  • No accepted scaling chain has Oozaru as a speed multiplier.
  • No supporter, staff, or anyone was aware of this, which wouldn't be the case if it was accepted by staff in a thread.
  • This was never a point of debate in any speed scaling threads I've been a part of.

Would that suffice my burden of proof and allow me to ask you to provide evidence that this was accepted?
I think Phsccarvalho beat me to the punch as far as a thread goes...

?

I think Phsccarvalho beat me to the punch as far as a thread goes...
Did you read the thread?
https://vsbattles.com/threads/oozaru-bojack.150619/
The multiplier proposed was for power
Yet bro added explanations for speed.

The speed increase should be 2.5x at least since Goku thinks KKx5 isn't enough. But there is an asterisk here, both Vegeta and Goku are nerfed significantly (Goku heavily damaged himself due to Kkx4 and Vegeta nerfed himself with the power ball.

I dunno what else to say, honestly. I'm not a fan of shifting course from the thread's initial purpose to something different - like here, shifting it from "let's apply this already noted explanation to someone's scaling" to "let's just remove the explanation." If you wanna remove the explanation, make a thread. I'd be fine with that

Last edited:
Tbh do we ever accept x10 Oozaru speed multiplier in the past?

The whole problem with Grade 3 is that it increases your mass so much the form actually makes you slower than standard Super Saiyan despite its near 2x power boost. Here we have a form that dwarves SS 3G several times over.

But assuming Oozaru is a more biological transformation rather than just inflating yourself with Ki like a balloon like SS 3G, it can make sense for Oozaru to be a 2.5x or even a 10x speed boost.

I dunno what else to say, honestly. I'm not a fan of shifting course from the thread's initial purpose to something different - like here, shifting it from "let's apply this already noted explanation to someone's scaling" to "let's just remove the explanation." If you wanna remove the explanation, make a thread. I'd be fine with that
The thread getting rejected would make the explanation also be rejected, it's the consequence of the thread's purpose, nor a change in what we're trying to achieve here. I'm trying to get the thread rejected, which also entails in removing the explanation. It's one thing.

Tbh do we ever accept x10 Oozaru speed multiplier in the past?

The whole problem with Grade 3 is that it increases your mass so much the form actually makes you slower than standard Super Saiyan despite its near 2x power boost. Here we have a form that dwarves SS 3G several times over.

But assuming Oozaru is a more biological transformation rather than just inflating yourself with Ki like a balloon like SS 3G, it can make sense for Oozaru to be a 2.5x or even a 10x speed boost.
Again, physics do be physics. Oozaru is, let's say ten times taller than Vegeta, but that would make him a thousand times heavier. Getting a mere 10x power boost would not compensate for speed imo

The thread getting rejected would make the explanation also be rejected, it's the consequence of the thread's purpose, nor a change in what we're trying to achieve here. I'm trying to get the thread rejected, which also entails in removing the explanation. It's one thing.
Doesn't matter to me too much either way, I suppose. I guess otherwise this would be a game of Catch 22 where it's as if the only actual option is "shut up and accept the thread" or something idk

Not to mention that in Dragon ball Super manga; [Kale] loses after she becomes SSJL because her rage impeded precise movement, so we already have SOME kind of correlation between anger and the lose of precision
Kale loses because her energy began growing continuously, driving her towards self-destruction.
Legendary Super Saiyan emphasizes "pure power"—like Goku's Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-ken, which Jiren described as "destroying your body"; and, in the original series, Super Saiyan Third Grade and Cell's Powerhouse—and, after her power reaches its limits, her body begins rapidly exhausting said power and her physical strength.

Anger can hinder one's concentration,—which is crucial for Ki Control,—yes, but,
  • Paragus explicitly described Great Apes as "動きの鈍い大" or "large and moving sluggishly".
  • Furthermore, Paragus explicitly asserted that Broly only retained speed because he was in humanoid form, rather than Great Ape form. Anger was a non-factor.

So for now, the changes shall be:

• Application of speed increase, but as simply “faster.”
• Removal of the Oozaru Speed mention on the Verse Page

Waiting on:

Opinion for Toei Saiyans (whose Oozaru forms lean into the original interpretation of Oozaru increasing speed to a much higher degree.)

I don’t believe so, but even if we did for the Canon Oozaru, we still need to handle Toei Oozaru.

So, OGDB Manga Goku actually has the Oozaru 10x multiplier on his speed for his first key. Since we’re removing that, how does that alter his scaling chains?

So, OGDB Manga Goku actually has the Oozaru 10x multiplier on his speed for his first key. Since we’re removing that, how does that alter his scaling chains?
I don't think anyone scales to Oozaru Goku's speed?

No one does, yeah. All the Hypersonic+ characters get their scaling from Tao Pai Pai's feat

Edit: Actually, OG DB Manga Goku doesn't have this multiplier at all. He gets Hypersonic+ speed via scaling to Grandpa Gohan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back