• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Biggest CRT's in history

Basically, this wiki is known for CRT's, lot's and lot's of them. But I wonder which ones affected a verse the most in the general food chain of the VSBW, either from making them a monstorous menace to all, or a massive joke. Basically, biggest upgrades or downgrades in VSBW history, and it doesn't need to be AP, it can also be if they get a massive chunk of hax as well that makes them broken.

Please remember to explain why this CRT deserves to be on the list. Note: This list judges less on controversy and how it affected their placement. For example, a Naruto CRT which makes them from MFTL to FTL+ becomes so toxic and becomes a wiki shaking event would be lower on the list than a quiet and quick Masada CRT which makes a character from 7-B to High 1-A or a Marvel Downgrade from 1-A to 2-B due to the fact the revisions affected a character far harder in terms of power

Upgrades:

1. The Dark Tower (Specifically Pennywise and Ga) (Gan became Tier 0 and Pennywise went from a rather meh Low 2-C to 1-A)

2. Devil May Cry (went back to 3-A after a few long threads)

3. Armed with Wings (Went from 8-C to Low 2-C)

4. Battle for Dream Island (Went from 9-B all the way to 4-B)

Downgrades:

1. Devil May Cry (Went from 3-A to High 6-A. Was so controversial that it left DMC fans so salty that they gathered their evidence for a year and brought him back to 3-A more broken than ever in protest)

2. Cthulhu Saves The World (Went from 1-A to 5-D)

3. Pixel Gu (Went from Low 2-C to 9-A)

4. Marvel Cinematic Universe (Got downgraded from 7-A and Low 6-B to High 7-C and 7-B respectively)

Last edited:
I remember the time that Battle for Dream Island was downplayed at 9-B, including Four, as if the creator of the page ignored all of his more impressive feats (not to sound rude or anything). For reference, this is what Four's page originally looked like, and this was pretty much made many months after BFB 8, which is where the Earth feat came from. Then came this, which is the source of the massive tier jumps. Since then, Four had jumped 4 tiers officially into 5-A. Does that sound big? It should be noted that it is significant because of a mass tier jump to the tiers they should be, as many of their more impressive feats got ignored, but thanks to me, I pointed it out, and there came the upgrades, from 2-4 tier rises. If anything, this would mark it a decent spot on the upgrade list.

7-A and Low 6-B MCU to High 7-C and 7-B MCU. Also, 8-A and Low 7-C street level Marvel Comics to 9-A and High 8-C street level Marvel.

The Blazblue revisions where probably the largest (in terms of size) and one of the largest (in terms of Hax and Hax resistances for a long time as far as I can tell.

Marvel Cinematic Universe downgrades. Just citing a few legendary quotes;

The most epic, biggest and anticipated cinematic event of this decade.
~ Kevin Feige​
Thanks Fate fans...
~ I'm Blue daba dee daba die​
You must have a really high IQ to understand the joke. Edit: The **** it was not a joke...
~ Newendigo​
Big Brain Time.
~ Hellbeast1​
My brain is literally about to explode lmao, it's 9.42 pm only but I already want to sleep.
~ Spinosaurus75DinosaurFa​
I have reached my final form, Ive ascended beyond my age to become boomer.
~ The pen or the sword​

The Fate upgrades where pretty large, going from the top tiers being 5-A to At least 3-A, likely Low 2-C and then to 2-A plus theres been several upgrades/changes to the normal servants such as the recent change of 7-A to 6-C.

I must personally thank you. Sans vs Four was my first real debate on the site and it introduced me to the fun Youtube series, BFDI. I honestly fell in love with Vs Battle because of that match.

Fortunetly, the sub-heavy hitters got some quite upgrades, characters that used to be High 5-A are now 4-B, Iron Man and Co. go from High 7-A/High 6-C to High 6-B, and later High 6-A in a span of a microsecond.

And even after the revisions of the tiering system, there have been several threads that put the previously High 1-B to Low 1-A and likely higher.

We people can't be better than before.

PsychoWarper said:
Demonbane got hit pretty hard with downgrades iirc.
Remember when it was stronger than the canon Mythos? Yeah, me neither.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Can everyone agree that the Pennywise CRT's is bigger than the DMC upgrade
Low 2-C to above baseline 1-A is a far bigger jump than 7-B to 3-A. It should be number 1.

I mean, the DMC shit fest lasted for like 4 threads even with someone making yt videos about it

Infamous is a pretty damn polarized verse when it comes to CRTs. I can't count the amount of upgrades and downgrades this verse had; Low 6-B, 7-B, High 6-C, 7-A, High 7-A, 5-C, High 6-A.

I would put them within the tenth position of both downgrades upgrades.

Tony di bugalu said:
I mean, the DMC shit fest lasted for like 4 threads even with someone making yt videos about it
I think he's asking for the biggest change more than anything. Pennywise and Maturin definitely take it in that regard.

Depends on what you mean by "bigger". If it's about being the most controversial and shaking the wiki then it goes to DMC but if it's about overall tier upgrade then that would go to Pennywise.

EDIT: Actually, I think Elder Scrolls would take that spot.

Tony di bugalu said:
Where?????

The DMC thread generated more controversy, but how it affected the characters place in the wiki it went from pennywise being a moderately strong low 2-C to someone who solos 99% of the wiki (And his tier 7 form went to being moderately strong to someone who can hold blows with masada due to 1-A hax)

Ah shit, you mean CRT's that got them stupidly high AP and/or hax.

Then yeah, Pennywise got that and pedobane got the downgrade hammer from 0 to 1-A

Back