• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blastoise vs Charizard

Probably. Dragon typing means zard isn't weak to water which is nice

If it's X, then it honestly comes down to what's better: Mega Launcher boosted Dragon Pulse or Tough Claws boosted Thunder Punch.

The real cal howard said:
If it's X, then it honestly comes down to what's better: Mega Launcher boosted Dragon Pulse or Tough Claws boosted Thunder Punch.
85 * 1.5 = 127.5 * 2 = 255 (Mega Launcher Dragon Pulse) vs 75 * 1.3 = 97.5 * 2 = 195 (Tough Claws Thunder Punch). Because I don't think Speed is equalized, Charizard can hit Blastoise twice before Blastoise can hit Charizard once.

Three souped-up beams that have over 4KM of range >>> flying and punching someone with amped punches

This is Dragon Pulse vs Thunder Punch. Mega-Blastoise fires three differently colored beams from its three cannons. The beams then combine into a giant multi-colored energy dragon which chomps the opponent with its jaws, causing a large explosion. IF Mega-Charizard can't dodge THAT, he should just lie down in front of Blastoise and die.

Drite77 said:
Btw, Charizard cannot lear Thunder Punch outside of TMs and Move Tutors
Of course, he can't lear it, but he can learn it. If you breed a male Ampharos/Flaaffy/Mareep that knows Thunder Punch with a female Charizard/Charmeleon/Charmander, the resulting Charmander will have it.

Drite77 said:
Of course, he can't lear it, but he can learn it. If you breed a male Ampharos/Flaaffy/Mareep that knows Thunder Punch with a female Charizard/Charmeleon/Charmander, the resulting Charmander will have it.
No, he doesn't https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Thunder_Punch_(move)

If the father knows any moves that are TMs or HMs that the baby is also compatible with, it will inherit the move. If a genderless Pokémon breeds with Ditto, the resultant baby will inherit any compatible TM or HM moves that the genderless non-Ditto Pokémon parent knows.

Drite77 said:
Charmander doesn't learn Thunder Punch, it is there Henry, he only learns by TM or Tutor Move
If the father knows any moves that are TMs or HMs that the baby is also compatible with, it will inherit the move. If a genderless Pokémon breeds with Ditto, the resultant baby will inherit any compatible TM or HM moves that the genderless non-Ditto Pokémon parent knows.

Charizard can have Thunder Punch via breed, so it's legal.

I think the major problem Blastoise would have is Dragon Dance, considering Charizard is portrayed already faster than Blastoise. That and the physical boost that Blastoise can counter with Withdraw, but Charizard has Smokescreen and speed amps to prevent getting tagged by Wateer-Type moves.

Now let me see how the moves would interact with each other:

Blastoise:

• Aqua Jet: Useful to counter speed amps.
  • Tail Whip: To decrease Zard's defense.
  • Withdraw: To increase his defense to physical attacks.
  • Protect. Self explanatory.
  • Water Pulse: Can make Charizard flinch it's stacked with Special moves.
  • Iron Defense: Withdraw but quicker.
  • Rain Dance to increase the effectiveness of Water Type moves.
  • Aqua Ring to self heal.
  • Dragon Pulse: The most effective of Blastoise's abilities against Mega X.
  • Foresight: Blastoise might be able to counter Smokescreen and speed amps with this. I'm not sure.
  • Haze: To reset all the amps to 0.
  • Mist: To prevent Smokescreen.
  • Mud Sport: To counter Thunder Punch.
  • Refresh: More healing.
  • Yawn: If Zard falls asleep, game over.
  • Outrage: Dragon-Type move but it's physical and Zard can just fly up. If he doesn't win with that, he'd likely lose while confused.
  • Liquidation: Might lower Zard's defense.
  • Mirror Coat: If Zard uses a special move.
Charizard:

• Counter: Given the case Blast uses a physical move.
  • Crunch: Can lower the Defense regardless of Mist.
  • Growl: Can lower the Attack.
  • Smokescreen: Can lower the accuracy.
  • Dragon Rage: Pseudo-Dura Negation I guess.
  • Fire Spin: Would damage Blastoise a bit with exposure.
  • Scary Face: To lower speed.
  • Ancient Power: Might increase all the stats.
  • Belly Drum: Dangerous, but could increase Zard's stats at peak potential.
  • Dragon Dance: Like I said, AP and speed amps.
  • Dragon Rush: Might flinch Blastoise.
  • Defog: To counter Mist and decrease the target's evasion.
  • Snore: To counter Yawn if Zard's falls asleep.
  • Tailwind: Doubles Zard's speed.
  • Thunder Punch: The only effective move he has.
I really want to say that Charizard should take this, but I can't tell tbh. Speed amps are good, but Blastoise can just heal himself and wait until he lands the attack since he's not going to be put down by Special moves anytime soon.

AFAIK, only TM and HM moves are excluded. Dunno about Tutor Moves. If so, Charizard's screwed.

@The Calaca

IIRC Either Cal or Gyro told me that when i remade some profiles

@Dragon

I am aware mate, but i think that it os because of the anime, wich, according to wother Cal or Gyro, ia still wrong since anime only moves are for anime only profiles

The files are 'composite' wild Pokemon. Pokemon in the wild have been shown to have egg moves, but can't naturally learn tutor moves.

Drite77 said:
If the father knows ANY moves that are TMs or HMs that the baby is also compatible with, it will inherit the move."

So say you have an Male Ampharos, who can learn Thunder Punch by level up or TM, and you breed it with a Female Charizard, because Charmander can learn Thunder Punch by TM, the resulting Charmander egg will hatch with Thunder Punch, unless it it over written by another move.

If the father knows ANY moves that are TMs or HMs that the baby is also compatible with, it will inherit the move."

So say you have an Male Ampharos, who can learn Thunder Punch by level up or TM, and you breed it with a Female Charizard, because Charmander can learn Thunder Punch by TM, the resulting Charmander egg will hatch with Thunder Punch, unless it it over written by another move.

By exyension, Charozard can learn Thunder, Thunderbolt, Focus Blast and so on? Yeah, no, besides, if he could receive that by Breed, Bulbapedia would problaby have that written that there, cause Ampharos can learn that via Level up. Thunder Punch is apparently not a common breedable move

BTW, it only works if the Offspring is compatible to the TM, wich Charozaed only is when you can't breed

So?

So he can't have TP via breeding, because TP os not a TM outsode of gen 2 and LGPE. In gen 2, Charizard can't learn TP via TM

Drite77 said:
So he can't have TP via breeding, because TP os not a TM outsode of gen 2 and LGPE. In gen 2, Charizard can't learn TP via TM
So? He also can't have Ancient Power and Outrage at the same time, but that hasn't matered before.

Back