• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...Blake's been announced for the game...as DLC

Oh, and there's gonna be 40 characters...but half of them are also DLC

Any thoughts? Personally, I don't really see how Arc System thought this was a good idea.

Woah,sounds like a great game man hahaha like really dude hahaha im not mad HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGVSHDEJDNC

Fyck

I still don't understand Cross-Tag Battle. It's the most random crossover I've ever seen.

At least the DB/OP/Toriko crossover had the similarity of all the protagonists being big eaters and thus having something notable in common.

This is just... what?

It seems like it's literally gonna be a BlazBlue game with character that aren't from BlazeBlue. Meaning that anyone that doesn't care about the crossover characters is more likely not to buy the game, considering the DLC.

I feel like it'd probably be fine, if half the cast wasn't DLC, lmao.

Inb4 Large Planet level Under Night In-Birth.exe Late scaled from RWBY, scaled from Persona 4, scaled from Blazblue

So are all the characters stats going to be scaled to one another once the game comes out or are feats from spin offs not accepted?

Basically theyre all going to be scaled to the best feat in this game alone, or theyre all scaling to blazblue

No, the game is not canon, unless you can find a way for Blazblue to fit into RWBY's storyline. For example, we don't consider Tekken and Street Fighter to be canon to each other when they crossover multiple times, or the same with Kamen Rider + Super Sentai. Plus, we don't really accept crossover ratings here anyways.

"or the same with Kamen Rider + Super Sentai"

Tbf Kamen Sentai storylines and general timelines are a ******* mess.

We have multiple Akuma profiles, thats just one of them. Thats the uncanon version ya know? If we were to make a RWBY profile for this game, it would have to be separate profile like that.

Thebluedash said:
We have multiple Akuma profiles, thats just one of them. Thats the uncanon version ya know? If we were to make a RWBY profile for this game, it would have to be separate profile like that.
Yeah, thats exactly what we'd do. We're not making canon RWBY Planet level any time soo

Anyways, to change the topic. To those worried about the horrendous 20 char DLC, its not as bad as you think. From what I'm seeing it's likely that the base game will cost 40 bucks, and the DLC for all chars will be 20. Which makes 60. 60 dollars is the price for a full game (DBFZ for example), so it won't make much of a difference anyway.

Yeah, besides, unlike the rest they had to make the RWBY character sprites from scratch thus it was more costly, additionally with mechanics, updating the other sprites to match Blazblue's and what do you get? Basically while the game is expensive (on my standard) they do have a good reason, I guess? To be honest I'm kinda ignorant when it comes to these subjects so correct me if I'm mistaken.

Well no, compared to other fighting games, this game has a much lower budget and overall less work.

Thebluedash said:
Anyways, to change the topic. To those worried about the horrendous 20 char DLC, its not as bad as you think. From what I'm seeing it's likely that the base game will cost 40 bucks, and the DLC for all chars will be 20. Which makes 60. 60 dollars is the price for a full game (DBFZ for example), so it won't make much of a difference anyway.
It's the shotty practice though. Give a inch and they will take a mile. Look at EA BF2 that is a result of years of slippery slope gambling eccentric/focus

I'm still a bit confused on how a series like RWBY can fit in a series like Blazblue or Persona.

Theglassman12 said:
I'm still a bit confused on how a series like RWBY can fit in a series like Blazblue or Persona.
Gameplay wise or story? Cuz if its gameplay, theres already gameplay out.

Cause in all honesty, Jojo would make more sense to fit in a weird series like Blazblue where a lot of weird people exists.

Nah, the creators said they wanted to appeal to casual American gamers, which was the point of RWBY. They wanted an American show.

I guess that's true, but Dragon ball can fit the bill just as much as RWBY since it's the most popular anime in america right next to pokemon and naruto.

Well I think it's also the fact that Blazblue's creator is a fan of RWBY. In 2016, he said he wanted to make a RWBY fighting game.

Wasn't Monty Oum also a fan of Blazblue? I remember seeing somewhere that the Blood-Scythe was a big inspiration for a lot of the early weapon designs.

ThePerpetual said:
Wasn't Monty Oum also a fan of Blazblue? I remember seeing somewhere that the Blood-Scythe was a big inspiration for a lot of the early weapon designs.
He was yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back