• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach invulnerability revision

As some of you are aware, the definition of invulnerability and the claim that many characters have to this ability are being revised. To learn more about the topic,this is the original thread

In this thread, we are here to discuss characters that are considered invulnerable, whether or not they actually qualified for invulnerability in the first place, and if they still do

Could you list any that are currently marked down as Invulnerable?

Damage3245 said:
Could you list any that are currently marked down as Invulnerable?
The only one I know off of the top of my head is Sajin after Humanification, but apparently there's a verse page for Bleach Invulnerability, though I don't know anything about that

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Only Sajin has it as far as im aware.
If that's the case, this can be wrapped up quickly. All we need to do is discuss if Sajin should keep invulnerability

He wasn't damaged. his body in that state is a shell deprived completely of life itself.
Bambi's power turns whatever it touches into a bomb. He was completely unaffected by that, as if he were immune.
Right, because his body is now a reiatsu mass. It could be Type 2 (no damage), Type 3 (he reforms since he's a reiatsu mass), Type 5 (since he apparently can't die), or Type 8 (reliant on the Humanification process)

Looking at Sajin's profile, it does look like he's simply wearing a hardened suit of armor rather than strait up invulnerability.

I mean I posted like 5 scans all with sajin and the explaination of the Humanification technique.

But for anyone who doesn't know who Sajin is based off of his profile, he's the wolf man. The Giant is his Bankai and only his form without the armor matters here.
0556-017
0556-012

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Bankai Special Ability: Kokujo Tengen Myo'o: Komamura's Bankai enables him to completely summon the Giant suit of armor.
here's the full the definition from bleach wiki

Kokujō Tengen Myō'ō: Dangai Jōe (Ú╗Æþ©äÕñ®Þ¡┤µÿÄþÄï: µû¡Úĺþ©äÞíú, Vidyaraja of Kalasutra's Heavenly Punishment: Severed Mail and Thread-Clad; Viz "Divine Retribution, Black Ropes of Ruination: Armor Repulsion Rope Raiment"): In its Dangai Jōe form, Kokujō Tengen Myō'ō's armor is removed, exposing a body composed of nothing but pure Reiatsu.[129] Since its armor is its life, by shedding the armor, Kokujō Tengen Myō'ō is literally casting its life aside.[130] When Komamura uses this technique, his Bankai brings forth the entire giant as usual. The difference is that in this form, the giant sheds its armor and only has a large cord wrapped around its body multiple times. Its visage is exposed, appearing to be that of a demonic creature.[131] This form is only possible via the use of Komamura's Humanization Technique. Due to the nature of the technique used to attain this form and its symbiotic connection with its wielder, this Bankai is virtually invulnerable to physical harm.[132]

Before finalizing anything, we should discuss what type of Immortality this is. I would actually either go with Type 3 because he reforms after a portion of him is turned into a bomb or Type 5 because he apparently can't die

BakiHanma18 said:
Before finalizing anything, we should discuss what type of Immortality this is. I would actually either go with Type 3 because he reforms after a portion of him is turned into a bomb or Type 5 because he apparently can't die
He doesn't reform anything, he doesn't even get damaged by the damage share or direct attack.

The Explode is accepted as Explosion Manipulation, Durability Negation, and Transmutation. None of these things worked.

His invulnerability hasn't even been disproven yet though. Isn't that the entire purpose of that other thread? removing it from chracters who have it because they're too durable?

So what suggests Sajin isn't invulnerable?

Because immortality type 2 can counter Explosion Manipulation and Durability Negation, and Bambis transmutation isn't like turning him into a frog or something, it's turning whatever her reishi touches into a bomb. And ironically invulnerability would stop none of these things, as it's only stopping conventional damage.

Hst master said:
Because immortality type 2 can counter Explosion Manipulation and Durability Negation, and Bambis transmutation isn't like turning him into a frog or something, it's turning whatever her reishi touches into a bomb. And ironically invulnerability would stop none of these things, as it's only stopping conventional damage.
Resilient Immortality: Characters with this degree of immortality can survive injuries that would otherwise be lethal to a normal person, without needing to heal from it.

He wasn't harmed at all, let alone a serious injury.

The transmutation would have turned him into the bomb and he'd explode into bits and pieces. But instead he was completely unaffected by any of her abilities.

You can see it here, the body is a lifeless shell.

And again if it was invulnerablility, it would have worked against him, as invulnerablility doesn't stop dura negation or any hax. Only AP.

Hst master said:
And again if it was invulnerablility, it would have worked against him, as invulnerablility doesn't stop dura negation or any hax. Only AP.
That's the standard invulnerability. The page implies there are other conditional ones with one listed example.

"Others have more conditional invulnerability, such as one that just prevents harm from conventional weaponry, but can be easily circumvented by supernatural abilities"

Conditional as in their invulnerablility is more limited than the norm, not as in applying it to hax, it even says supernatural abilities can bypass it, in other words hax.

It also says this

"It can be considered the defensive equivalent of Durability Negation, negating simple Attack Potency."

Let me introduce you to The Warpriest.

Aura of Immortality: The Warpriest is completely invulnerable to harm, be it physical or magical. This allows him to shrug off all the effects of anything Guardians can do under normal circumstances, as well as the Taken he summons and the power of his own Occulus.

There isn't simply 1 form of invulerability, and you can be invulnerable to hax.

Warpriest has it via law and SL stuff and I'm just bad at writing profiles. I also still need to evaluate destiny since old standards

Think of it like AP neg. Just as we don't accept random "x sword cuts everything" we wouldn't use random "nothing hurts this guy" with no further explanation.

That's not to say that invuln cant protect against more, though. The Siberia only really has 1 power but it's immune to most other powers

Well I posted the scans here of what the technique does.

He sacrifices his heart for an immortal body devoid of life so that he can't be damaged for some time. Once the technique ends he loses everything and reverts to a mere fox. He essentially sacrifices his soul according to him.

Scan 1, 2, 3, 4.

He's pretty clearly invulerable to physical harm here from what I can see.

Let me introduce you to The Warpriest.

Aura of Immortality: The Warpriest is completely invulnerable to harm, be it physical or magical. This allows him to shrug off all the effects of anything Guardians can do under normal circumstances, as well as the Taken he summons and the power of his own Occulus.

There isn't simply 1 form of invulerability, and you can be invulnerable to hax.
Then it sounds like either he's next on the revisions list and needs Damage Negation instead, as that doesn't match up with the definition at all or it's something like basic offensive magic such as say Fire for an example which still falls under conventional damage or just resistance to whatever the Guardians use. Heck, there was talk of changing Invulnerablility to Attack Potency Negation in the OP of the CRT

@Hst master

Neither of those powers you've listed are powers on this wiki or even drafts as far as I can tell just simply ideas. And the base point of removal on the thread is for characters who've had it because they're extremely durable. Which doesn't apply to Sajin here.

This technique is supernatural, not simply a durability thing.

Back