• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach- PTS Speed Downgrade

User blog:USklaverei/Renji intercepting beam of light | VS Battles Wiki | Fandom
I was checking renji's calc here and noticed two issues.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
The light here causes a "klang' sound from the impact, meaning it has force. Given that force = mass times acceleration, the light doesnt behave like it should to be classified as "real".

The other issue it does not refract like the calcs says, the light was already star shaped.

While it does burn and is called light, other aspects of it contradict it being equal to irl light.

As such, the calc is unusable

Considering the absolutely huge jump in speed that the calc does bring (bumping the verse up from MHS+/Sub-Rel at most to FTL & MFTL), I think it's worth taking another critical look at this.

According to the current criteria, the Mask feat only fulfills one of them:
  • It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source
It being straight and seemingly burning are supporting points but not pure requirements.

Removing the calc altogether would be something I'd be in favor of.

Considering the absolutely huge jump in speed that the calc does bring (bumping the verse up from MHS+/Sub-Rel at most to FTL & MFTL), I think it's worth taking another critical look at this.

According to the current criteria, the Mask feat only fulfills one of them:
  • It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source
It being straight and seemingly burning are supporting points but not pure requirements.

Removing the calc altogether would be something I'd be in favor of.
The FTL/MFTL issue can be resolved by taking a better look at multipliers.
Just don't stack them over and over to get inflated speed with no supporting feat.

Its been established in the bleach novels the reshi lighting = lightning speed and reshi light= light speed.

I'm reading that the lightning is dramatically slower than lightning because of the atmosphere.
With the atmosphere affecting lightning, wouldn't light be affected too?

Also, major association fallacy. It doesn't even mention light there, it only talks about lightning.
"Lightning in this verse is similar to lightning in ours, so every element in there should be similar to ours" is all I'm seeing.

I'm reading that the lightning is dramatically slower than lightning because of the atmosphere.
With the atmosphere affecting lightning, wouldn't light be affected too?

Also, major association fallacy. It doesn't even mention light there, it only talks about lightning.
"Lightning in this verse is similar to lightning in ours, so every element in there should be similar to ours" is all I'm seeing.
Its does mention light girkio compared her lighting speed to light speed saying lightning is slower than light. Which would imply reshi elements work the same as real ones. We also know that relativity exists in bleach which also deals with light speed.

No the narrator said it was lightning speed. Ginjo saying it wasn't was him taunting her as explained by the narrator as well. This is also base ginjo here has like 2 forms above this

Its does mention light girkio compared her lighting speed to light speed saying lightning is slower than light. Which would imply reshi elements work the same as real ones. We also know that relativity exists in bleach which also deals with light speed.

No the narrator said it was lightning speed. Ginjo saying it wasn't was him taunting her as explained by the narrator as well. This is also base ginjo here has like 2 forms above this
He doesnt compare her speed to light. he mentions how the atmosphere can affect lightning. Also why would this equate to anything beyond candice?

Can we get someone that is not Reio for this thread? Like, Sigurd or Imade, or just anyone else knowledgeable? Like, really. Reio is doing a terrible job arguing his points, and he just comes off like he's trying to wank bleach.

I only have surface level knowledge on it, but the arguments being brought up were pretty much already discussed. I don't think excluding people that were part of getting it approved in the first place is a good idea, it comes off as disingenuous.

Yeah, that's why I didn't mention Arc. I think the other side should at least get a chance to defend it before this thread just gets rushed and Bleach gets a very sizable downgrade for something that might not even be true in the name of "get rid of bleach wank".

Everything in the OP was literally in the original CRT. Why is this even being brought up again? We even established this sound logic isn’t even in the raws.

Also the “multiplier stacking” isn’t even wank. Just actually read where it comes from. It’s an interaction between like 2 characters with 1 amping themselves over and over and the other keeping up effortlessly. Which then scale to the God Tier.

The feat being an outlier is once again a bad argument. You have to prove that it’s impossible for this newly enhanced Renji to be this fast.

Last edited:
Also in the calc it’s not talking about refracting he’s talking about reflecting. English isn’t his 1st language. Just read the original thread.
The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror
There is like 6 scans showing Zanpakuto to be reflective swords.

I addressed the sound point after the original op post.

There is still a sfx from the impact.

The light doesn't reflect off the blade though it hits it and then there is smoke

I addressed the sound point after the original op post.

There is still a sfx from the impact.

The light doesn't reflect off the blade though it hits it and then there is smoke
Again all this was in said thread. And it does reflect. The beam literally gets diverted away.
If you truly read the thread you’d have come to the same conclusion. The character who shot the beam literally says Renji “turned it aside” which literally means to divert away.

There is no sound impact as shown in the raw. You’re literally recycling arguments and saying “no”.

Last edited:
there is a sound effect though
Screenshot_2021-02-10_195150.png

There is a present sfx. Why is this "reflecting"?. This is just the regular shape of the beam.
8423.jpg

Again the same recycled arguments. Using the same scans I even used in the original thread. Those things don’t mean anything at all. It’s literally nothing.

Again as I stated above... to “turn aside” means to divert away. Which is what Mask stated Renji did. Please actually bring something new to the table here.

How am I stonewalling

Kubo puts in sfx effects practically all the time for impacts or clashs. The impact of the light on the blade made a sound, just not a klang.

Do you have the raw for "turn aside"

I’m not going to keep arguing with you. It’s all in the thread. You haven’t provided anything new to the table. Just the same debunked arguments. Everything from sound to “are beams of light that color” was discussed in said thread.

Even the ridiculous idea that spiritual light somehow isn’t real light when it’s the same thing.

I’m not going to keep arguing with you. It’s all in the thread. You haven’t provided anything new to the table. Just the same debunked arguments. Everything from sound to “are beams of light that color” was discussed in said thread.

Even the ridiculous idea that spiritual light somehow isn’t real light when it’s the same thing.
He asked for the raws to be translated in the translation requests thread.

Back