• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Tier 5 Downgrade [Arc Hates Bleach Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intro
So, in this thread I got a 5-B Bleach calc from SAFWY accepted. However, I know disagree with it and will remove it. Let me explain why.

Explanation
I argued that this statement (Dangai split) could be taken literally because Azashiro had a statement of being able to destroy the Dangai walls with a weaker form. That was important because I argued that the Dangai walls = the entire boundary of the Dangai. So, the argument followed that if a weaker Azashiro could effectively "surface wipe" the Dangai, then a far stronger Azashiro being able to destroy the Dangai is consistent, (basically the equivalent of a calc jump from High 6-A to 5-B). However, I don't believe the "destroying the Dangai walls" can be validly interpreted as "surface wiping" the Dangai.

Thanks to BBS, we have visuals for where Zaraki and Azashiro are fighting in the Dangai. We see that Azashiro and Zaraki are fighting within one of the Dangai tunnels, which is walled off. So, I believe the statement would be referring to the tunnel walls and not the entire boundary of the Dangai itself. My reason for thinking this is twofold: 1) we can see the walls surrounding Azashiro and Zaraki were the tunnels walls (thus surrounding walls likely refer to them), and 2) whenever the boundary of the Dangai is being talked about it is called a boundary and not a wall. So, basically I don't believe we can accurately claim that Azashiro could "surface wipe" the Dangai.

This takes away the major supporting evidence for taking the original statement as literal. Because the statement uses very simile-like language (some translations using like/as similes), without further context it is hard to claim it should be literal and not just a flowery statement. Since, there is no longer (in my opinion) any evidence to support the literal interpretation, I believe the statement should be taken more metaphorical.

Conclusion
I don't believe the statement for the 5-B calc is literal anymore, and as such the calc should be removed from the vs page. If this thread gets accepted I'll remove the calc from the vs page, and then once I make my Cour 2 scaling thread I'll update the profiles (this way I can update all those profiles at once, saves me some time).

Agree: Kimothy Tempest, Limothy Tracer, Dimothy Dragon Medeus, Dimothy, Dimothy3245
Neutral:
Disagree:

Last edited:
Now*

Disagree FRA
stock-vector-emoticon-looking-up-raising-hands-and-shouting-why-god-444822673.jpg

not fixing the spelling mistake

I thought the calc was wrong, but if it is only a matter of maybe it not being literal, I feel like the statement Is still there for their feat, otherwise no point in writing it, I would say they should keep a possibly 5B explaining why it is uncertain, but completely dismiss the statements which say they can bisect the Dangai itself seems a bit too harsh to me
though idc about it, you implemented it so if you want to remove it completely, k.

I thought the calc was wrong, but if it is only a matter of maybe it not being literal, I feel like the statement Is still there for their feat, otherwise no point in writing it, I would say they should keep a possibly 5B explaining why it is uncertain, but completely dismiss the statements which say they can bisect the Dangai itself seems a bit too harsh to me
though idc about it, you implemented it so if you want to remove it completely, k.
I only took it as literal due to the supporting evidence, hence why I don't think it should be literal anymore due to the supporting evidence being wrong imo.

I can see where you’re coming from, but there’s some other issues with the scaling that I didn’t wanna delve into. But I can if enough people think it should still scale.

Is there proof that depiction is canon? Seems to me like if we used filler from the old non-canon sections of the anime to back up certain statements, or stuff like that
It adapts the novel accurately yet succinctly. The imagery from the visuals would inherently be more accurate as they are corporate canon, as opposed to your headcanon of what the Dangai walls could be.

Edit: Regardless, I can make my point of the surrounding Dangai walls not referring to the literal boundary irrespective of the BBS scan, so feel free to ignore the scan if you feel strongly about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back