• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros and Baldy Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can literally see his energy moves Saitama at near-light speed in the scan Nullflower just posted.

Thats the point, for Boros to be the speed of the target he sends flying he needs to intercept it midflight.
The Moon kick doesn't give Boros or anyone the speed rating.
When Boros punches Saitama and sends him flying around the ship, he is able to catch him almost instantly so that proves Boros' combat speed is relative to him kicking Saitama.

1. Aura of energy surrounds both Boros and Saitama as he prepares his kick.
  2. Streak of energy carries onto Saitama as he flies to the moon.
  3. Narration states that his latent energy is turned into a propulsive force in the same page he propels Saitama.

Also I'd like to point out that Saitama landing on the ship did more effect than Tatsumaki's barrage, which did not manage to bring it down. However, Saitama couldn't make a hole on the roof, while Tatsumaki's attacks actually broke some parts of the ship. This has two implications:

1- The ship isn't made by the same material and the roof is more durable than the part from below.
2- The amount of ship material was way bigger on the roof and that is the reason Saitama could not pass through it.

Picking either of them gives Released Boros' striking strength a way higher result than Tatsumaki's barrage because he managed to break the rooftop in one hit (when Saitama and him first ascended). It doesn't upgrade him at all tbh, but it also proves that Saitama's moon jump isn't just Low 7-B, it should be way higher than Low 6-B.

1. Aura of energy surrounds both Boros and Saitama as he prepares his kick.
  2. Streak of energy carries onto Saitama as he flies to the moon.
  3. Narration states that his latent energy is turned into a propulsive force in the same page he propels Saitama.
Boros releases his energy to enhance his body, his body only, not the environment (Saitama) his energy connects to. The kick carried Saitama to the Moon and not the Energy as you assume.
The energy as stated by the author served only a single purpose, to reduce the friction, nowhere is it stated to carry things at near light speed, it's your headcanon. Again, the kick carried Saitama to the Moon, the energy reduced the friction, the energy didn't boost Saitama's flight speed.
I am tired of arguing back and forth on this, I'd appreciate staff input.

Usklaverei and Qawsed was the one who brought up this point in the main thread iirc, so we should probably get input from them
To explain why I think Rel+ is acceptable for Boros is this:
  • Boros' energy shields and launches the target at near-light speeds by ignoring friction
  • Boros stated that he used his energy to boost his speed, presumably by the same friction ignoring method as kicking Saitama
If it was just one of the above I would agree that its probably vague comic book logic, but the aura and similar WoG statements lead me to believe that the intention is that Boros' aura should apply to his combat speed, since it allows Boros to no longer by slowed down by the atmosphere.

To explain why I think Rel+ is acceptable for Boros is this:
  • Boros' energy shields and launches the target at near-light speeds by ignoring friction
Boros's energy never launched anyone, his kick did. Boros releases his energy to enhance his body, his body only, not the environment (Saitama) his energy connects to. The kick carried Saitama to the Moon and not the Energy as you assume.
It's blatantly stated in this scan that the energy was used to reduce the friction.
The kick carried Saitama to the Moon, the energy reduced the friction, the energy didn't boost Saitama's flight speed because it was never ever implied or stated.
  • Boros stated that he used his energy to boost his speed, presumably by the same friction ignoring method as kicking Saitama
This is irrelevant since his energy never boosted Saitama's flight speed in the first place.

his body only, not the environment (Saitama) his energy connects to. The kick carried Saitama to the Moon and not the Energy as you assume.
That would mean the leg was moving at that speed though. Though I guess we may discount that as just super strength breaking F=MA laws.

Also your scan outright says he releases his energy as a propulsive force, which is why he's much faster and stronger in that form, along with ignoring friction due to the aura.

The energy that boros used to make himself move foward, removed friction on himself, "Beyond the Body's Limits". When he kicked Saitama, you can clearly see a transfer in energy. The energy from when he moved foward, was compressed, sorta, into a ball around them, then transfered to Saitama when he kicked him up. The energy that was on boros is now gone, and it is now on Saitama. Removing the friction on an object does boost the speed potential, as seen when Gery used TK to move the rocks. It is the same for Boros. And as we know, since the energy removes friction, Boros is now able to move faster than in Released Form.

hat would mean the leg was moving at that speed though. Though I guess we may discount that as just super strength breaking F=MA laws.
This is a strength feat indeed.
Also your scan outright says he releases his energy as a propulsive force, which is why he's much faster and stronger in that form, along with ignoring friction due to the aura.
Yes, it says he releases energy as a propulsive force to enhance himself beyond his limits, how does that make him near light speed?

The difference is non of those times were near light speed
Why do you know that? If he can kick him at SOL, he can punch him at that speed, not to mention he was somehow holding back before Saitama came back.

Other than that I agree with the energy friction thing you said, I believe it is the best interpretation.

MB Boros' combat speed would scale at least above Geryuganshoop, Flasy Flash, AG (once the manga catches up) and probably around his kick speed. Idk why you would deny he can move at the same speed he can kick things.

Yes, it says he releases energy as a propulsive force to enhance himself beyond his limits, how does that make him near light speed?
Because the energy that boros put on saitama is the same he put on himself to move himself quickly. The kick to the moon was accepted end of the calc was 7-A+ and 75% SOL. here.

MB Boros' combat speed would scale at least above Geryuganshoop, Flasy Flash, AG (once the manga catches up)
You have literally no way of knowing that, and it is entirely possible that AG will surpass Boros.

Please stop acting like Awakened Garou can be used as evidence when he doesn’t even exist in the manga yet.

Why do you know that? If he can kick him at SOL, he can punch him at that speed, not to mention he was somehow holding back before Saitama came back.
You simply can't prove that, none of Boros's attacks were on the scale of Moon kick.

Because the energy that boros put on saitama is the same he put on himself to move himself quickly. The kick to the moon was accepted end of the calc was 7-A+ and 75% SOL
The energy doesn't move things its wrapped at near SOL, never stated, never implied...
You keep pushing this for long already, stop, it's headcanon.

Read what I said. In the calc, the energy that sent Saitama to the Moon was calced at 75% SOL. That is the same energy Boros used to move. Stop acting like you know everything when you clearly don't. Read what I say next time before you say something.

You have literally no way of knowing that, and it is entirely possible that AG will surpass Boros.

Please stop acting like Awakened Garou can be used as evidence when he doesn’t even exist in the manga yet.
If AG doesn't perform a feat close to the low end of the CSRC, we can scale both of them, and he probably won't exceed the 100 petaton mark. I'm assuming, yes, and that's why I said "once it catches up".

Read what I said. In the calc, the energy that sent Saitama to the Moon was calced at 75% SOL. That is the same energy Boros used to move. Stop acting like you know everything when you clearly don't. Read what I say next time before you say something.
And I covered this a lot of times already, this is debunked, stop repeating the same headcanon nonsense already.

Why is Boros being scaled to Flashy Flash, again?
Boros should scale Above Flashy. He suprised Saitama with his speed (Boros was even holding back). A maximum speed flashy kick didnt suprised him at all either. Even when they fought, Flashy didn't suprise saitama iirc

How is it debunked? Who debunked it?
Read my replies, the idea that the energy moves things its wrapped at at near SOL is never stated or implied in the manga, it's headcanon.
Murata made a statement that his energy reduces friciton, thats it, it didn't boost Saitama's flight speed.

You simply can't prove that, none of Boros's attacks were on the scale of Moon kick.
Just because an attack doesn't have the same visual effect than another one doesn't prove it's weaker.
All I need to say is that a punch is relative to a kick, or a bit weaker. Furthermore, it's way harder kicking something up than punching it in a straight line, so Saitama's speed being punched is probably higher than him being kicked.

Just because an attack doesn't have the same visual effect than another one doesn't prove it's weaker.
All I need to say is that a punch is relative to a kick, or a bit weaker. Furthermore, it's way harder kicking something up than punching it in a straight line, so the Saitama's speed being punched is probably higher than him being kicked.
You'll have to prove those punches and kicks moved Saitama at near SOL, I don't have to prove anything.

Read my replies, the idea that the energy moves things its wrapped at at near SOL is never stated or implied in the manga, it's headcanon.
Murata made a statement that his energy reduces friciton, thats it, it didn't boost Saitama's flight speed.
Even if it was never stated that is did boost the speed, Boros still scales above flashy who is rel+ due to Boros' speed being more impressive in Saitama's eyes than Flashy's

Even if it was never stated that is did boost the speed, Boros still scales above flashy who is rel+ due to Boros' speed being more impressive in Saitama's eyes than Flashy's
I honestly don't care how you scale Boros, I am here to disprove current "energy moved Saitama at near SOL" notion.

I honestly don't care how you scale Boros, I am here to disprove current "energy moved Saitama at near SOL" notion.
Well, thats the thing, you aren't. I'm stating facts. my facts being, They calced the speed of the moon kick to be rel+ (75% SOL) The thing that caused Saitama to move that fast was the energy that was initially of Boros until he put it on Saitama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back