• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bowser vs Jedah Dohma

Given that Destructive Capacity and durability is pretty much equalized here, and speed is already close enough as is, I'll give it to Jedah. I can't see much of a way Bowser can bypass Jedah's insane regen/immortality, plus he's not immune to Soul Hax. Jedah could just **** with/absorb Bowser's soul and move on with his day. Telepathy and pocket realm creation helps Jedah a shitton too.

Zacmariozero said:
Given that Destructive Capacity and durability is pretty much equalized here, and speed is already close enough as is, I'll give it to Jedah. I can't see much of a way Bowser can bypass Jedah's insane regen/immortality, plus he's not immune to Soul Hax. Jedah could just **** with/absorb Bowser's soul and move on with his day. Telepathy and pocket realm creation helps Jedah a shitton too.
actually bowser has some hax that he could use to bypass jedah's regen but i agree that jedah wins.

Yeah, Jedah's feats trump Bower's wall of text.

Darkstalkers. Proving that you don't need large walls of text in your hax to beat someone.

Well in terms of sealing he's somewhat likely to use it as he sealed away all the inhabitants of Peachs castle and it worked pretty fast as he did not long before Mario arrived, and also sealed the Star Spirits in cards in Paper Mario, bit he probably won't lead with sealing. As for mind control I have no idea.

That's like saying Akuma will always lead with the Shun Goku Satsu because that was the first thing he did in the series. Or even Bowser petrifying/transmuting because that's the fist thing he did in SMB1. Did he lead with it in future instances?

Horrendous comparison considering Akuma has never lead with that, while Jedah has, twice in fact, I forgot him doing that in the comic as well.

Gargoyle One said:
Grace over.

Add at will.
I don't think I should...

At least let me make one final argument

Most of the votes were that Bowser has no way around Jedah's immortality and Regenerationn, when in fact, he has several (sealing, transmutation, petrification, reality warping, mind control, and time travel + paradoxing). And to top it off, had the means to get it off, with superior speed, universal+ range (including teleportation), the "infinite stairs" technique, and can even summon minions to act as his decoys.

Furthermore, there's this on his (Jedah's) profile under weaknesses:

"it's possible that his Soul Absorption doesn't work on stronger foes, or takes some time to be used, as he was defeated by Morrigan who has no immunity to such powers."

Given that Bowser is both, stronger and has soul resistance (see Catch Card argument in Peach vs Morrigan. Also, the SPM cast can take hits from spirits in the Underwhere [basically, Mario hell] as spirits themselves [as they were killed by Dimentio]), that could spell a red flag. Possibly could even trigger his other weakness of losing his cool.

And on the off chance that this becomes a battle of brute strength, Bowser, being the stronger, faster, more versatile opponent could k.o., and Jedah's revivals have been shown to take longer than Bowser's resurrections, as the former has been rendered "dead" for 100 years once, while what the latter relies on activates instantaneously.

Now I'll post some counter arguments to what I said. Even if, emphasis on if, Jedah's soul hax fails, he still has absorption and his own reality warping, transmutation, and telepathy (which can be used even if Bowser time travels), and has absorption and broken BFR, the latter being an instant game-over for Bowser if it works.

However, time to respond to those rebuttals. While all the things I've mentioned are...quite a problem. And that's assuming the soul hax doesn't work. But the problem is, Bowser's stalling tactics make Jedah have too hard of a time. Bowser's no stranger to distancing himself from the opponent (every mainstream Mario game ever), so he'd abuse that range, and can teleport said distances to do so. And the "infinite stairs" technique prevents Jedah from getting too close, but given that it's only one-way, gives Bowser more than enough space for that point to be a non-factor for him. And even if Jedah can get close enough to hax Bowser (which frankly, isn't a stretch of the imagination), there's no telling if that'll be the real Bowser, given that the Koopa can summon minions that he can make look like him, fruits that duplicate him every time one is eaten (and are completely independent of each other, so killing one doesn't affect the other, and there's no "real" one to differentiate), and even natural duplication. While Jedah can potentially find Bowser with his telepathy and/or cosmic awareness, and ignoring that duplication with the Double Cherry would leave the duplicates with the same "signature", making it always seem like there's more Bowsers, Bowser gains more than enough time to hax-snipe or paradox Jedah (btw, Bowser's no stranger to that, either. He tried to mess with baby Mario and Yoshi before..twice). And that's assuming he doesn't fall to that weakness and get frustrated by doing what essentially a cosmic game of Find The Needle In The Haystack...to the death.

Back