• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Brain Unglaus tries to challenge the Stray God

I looked at the rules for it, and this is my take.

"Verse equalization: Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion. So a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen."

Brain obviously doesn't need to be supernatural for Yato to be able to kill him. It only affects a few of Yato's abilities. Therefore, Brain should not be equalized into a supernatural being.

Oh, I see. owo Makes sense, then.

So, they're equals in versatility, I suppose? There's no great advantage Yato has, what about Brain?

Brain has the advantage in strength and durability, and can overcome and probably exceed Yato's speed advantage with martial arts. Brain can also buff himself with potions and enchant his sword to be sharper. Depending on how durable Yukine (Yato's sword) is, Brain may be able to destroy it with his Nail Clipper martial art (which was able to cut through Shalltear's fingernail). Also, Brain's Field martial art gives him omnidirectional perception and increased accuracy. Yato does have a large advantage in skill, however.

May I give Yato one minute to prepare so that he can buff himself to the max to be more of a challenge, or is Yato's huge advantage in skill sufficient to deal with all that and make the fight relatively tied? It's fun to have fights that are not decisive but one side has a higher likelihood to win.

Oh, so I guess Yato is kinda screwed and will have to deal with the power disadvantage through skill. What are the votes at?

Brain has the AP advantage, not Yato. Yato has higher speed, but Brain can greatly amp his speed to match or surpass it anyway. Also, don't necro the thread.

Yato's splitting the Heavens feat is better than anything Brain has done from what I've seen. He also has Kazume now he can spam arrows that tracks you down. Kazume is stronger than Yukine who was able to cut the heaven. I don't see Brain surviving a low end small town-Mcb level spam

Check Yato's profile. He's small building level, not small town level. Brain is building level due to scaling from Gazef, not from his own feats.

It's not updated that's why he's "small building" lol. It's based on his early feats in series that's why I suggested an upgrade for him. Current Yato is on the level that I mentioned.

I looked at the threads for it, and none of the changes have been officially approved, and the calc that got that result was never approved either. Unfortunately, we can only use what's on his profile right now, not what's meant to be on his profile.

I see. I made a post there hope anyone would see into it, since it would be nice to upgrade a decent verse that's actually getting stronger. Thanks for your explanation.

Back