• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Broly vs Absolute Tartarus

Most of the matches using Ultra Series profiles either end too quickly due to AP gaps or aren't cared about by anyone so here's hoping this one gets finished.

Ultimate Life Form vs Saiyan

Absolute Tartarus:

Broly (Dragon Ball Super):

Inconclusive:
7 (FluffyCreatureZ, Mr.Cutlery, Veloxt1r0kore, Harith0cell, Gabs22_Gamer, IxaSaga2, Sanicspood)

Both are Low 2-C

SS1 Broly is used

SBA

Speed Equalized

Absolute_Tartarus_Introduction.gif
9PDWDLz.gif

I believe this is roughly the AP scaling between them

Absolute Tartarus: >>54x Baseline Low 2-C (Ultimate Shining Zero + Belial + Tregear)

Absolute Tartarus >> Ultimate Shining Zero 4x> Shining Zero >> Ultimate Zero 4x> Base Zero ≈ Belial w/ Tartarus' energy ≈ Tregear w/ Tartarus' energy> Showa Ultra Brothers ≈ New Generation Ultras Final Form = Post-Training Tri-Strium Taiga 3x> Pre-Training Tri-Strium Taiga ≈ Imit-Belial ≈ New Generation Era Belial ≈ Baseline Low 2-C

Broly: >>50x Baseline Low 2-C

SS1 Broly = SS1 Gogeta 50x> Base Gogeta >> Broly Saga SSB Goku >> Post-2nd UIS SSB Goku > 1st UIS Goku > Infinite Zamasu = Baseline Low 2-C

Last edited:
Coulda named Tartarus Golden Abbachio for extra bait points

But anyway, gonna wait for arguments first. Am gonna acknowledge Kefla's RPL which I'm sure is pretty broken if not handled quickly enough.

Pretty sure Kefla's RPL is no where near as impressive as somebody like Broly or Goku Black's RPL so I don’t think it’ll be a huge factor in this factor. Also she's a fusion so there's a time limit for how long she can stay fused.

Last edited:
That scaling chain is wrong, kefla is only low 2-C in SSJ2. The actual scaling chain is baseline < zamasu < sign 1 Goku < SSJ2 kefla.
Her opponent AP stomps.

Wasn’t LSS2 Kefla noted to have raw power greater than 2nd UIS Goku? And the gap between the 1st and 2nd UIS is over 50x as after the limit break boost Goku’s SSG surpassed his SSB prior to the limit break. Which means his second usage of UIS should be well over 50x stronger than his first usage.

Wasn’t LSS2 Kefla noted to have raw power greater than 2nd UIS Goku? And the gap between the 1st and 2nd UIS is over 50x as after the limit break boost Goku’s SSG surpassed his SSB prior to the limit break. Which means his second usage of UIS should be well over 50x stronger than his first usage.
Post sign 1 Goku is not low 2-C in either SSG or SSB.

I’m talking about Ultra Instinct Sign not Post-Ultra Instinct Sign. Did you forget that Goku used Ultra Instinct Sign a total of 3 times before entering the complete Ultra Instinct?

1st UIS Goku =/= Post-UIS Goku but it is shown that the gap between the Goku after the first and second usage of UIS was more than 50x so that same gap in power should translate to how big the gap was between the 1st and 2nd UIS.

Last edited:
I’m talking about Ultra Instinct Sign not Post-Ultra Instinct Sign. Did you forget that Goku used Ultra Instinct Sign a total of 3 times before entering the complete Ultra Instinct?

1st UIS Goku =/= Post-UIS Goku
I know. UIS 2 is stronger than UIS 1 but not by 50x, you're saying he is because SSG to SSB is 50x but that would only be true if Goku was stronger than his UIS 1 in SSG, but that's not true.

Okay I feel like we are missing how scaling works here

So basically at the beginning of the ToP before Goku gained any limit break boost due to UIS his SSB was getting overpowered by LSS1 Kale.

But after his limit break boost due to entering UIS for the first time he was able to stomp LSS2 Kale in just SSG.

This means that after the boost Goku gained a natural >50x boost to his Base power since his SSG surpassed his SSB which is 50x SSG. Which means this same boost should be the difference in power between the 1st and 2nd usage of UIS. Since

1st UIS = Pre-UIS Limit Break Goku transforming into UIS

2nd UIS = Post-1st UIS Limit Break Goku transforming into UIS

3rd UIS = Post-2nd UIS Limit Break Goku transforming into UIS

Okay I feel like we are missing how scaling works here

So basically at the beginning of the ToP before Goku gained any limit break boost due to UIS his SSB was getting overpowered by LSS1 Kale.

But after his limit break boost due to entering UIS for the first time he was able to stomp LSS2 Kale in just SSG.

This means that after the boost Goku gained a natural >50x boost to his Base power since his SSG surpassed his SSB which is 50x SSG. Which means this same boost should be the difference in power between the 1st and 2nd usage of UIS. Since

1st UIS = Pre-UIS Limit Break Goku transforming into UIS

2nd UIS = Post-1st UIS Limit Break Goku transforming into UIS

3rd UIS = Post-2nd UIS Limit Break Goku transforming into UIS
I see what you mean now. I don't think we scale like that, UIS is not quantified with a multiplier increase but with scaling as it goes from finite to an infinite amp. So low 2-C scaling is independent from the finite scaling.

Bruh you serious? So in Dragon Ball we only have Low 2-C characters that scale above Baseline (Infinite Zamasu), 20x Baseline (Post-2nd UIS SSBKKx20 Goku), and Half 2-C (God of Destructions)? Can you ask some staff or the people on the discussion thread to make sure if we really don't scale the first two UIS like this? Cause man it is hard to find anybody with enough AP to face the top tiers in the Ultra Series without it being an AP stomp for either side.

Last edited:
Bruh you serious? So in Dragon Ball we only have Low 2-C characters that scale above Baseline (Infinite Zamasu), 20x Baseline (Post-2nd UIS SSBKKx20 Goku), and Half 2-C (God of Destructions)? Can you ask some staff or the people on the discussion thread to make sure if we really don't scale the first two UIS like this? Cause man it is hard to find anybody with enough AP to face the top tiers in the Ultra Series without it being an AP stomp for either side.
I've never seen scaling like that in the wiki so I'm pretty certain we just got that scaling.
Maybe SSJ Broly would work because he should scale 5x above SSB Goku (wrathful is 10x base) or above kk20 Goku (which wouldn't make an AP stomp I don't think)

Honestly if possible I really don't want to use any Broly Saga characters since the scaling there is a huge mess. Like I highly disagree with the Broly Saga characters being merely baseline and 20x baseline when they should be far higher than that. But there's nothing I can do to change it since everybody hates the idea of Goku's base being stronger than Vegeta's in the anime. But whatever I'll change it to Broly I guess but first a few questions

I thought Broly stacked SS1 on Wrath so wouldn't it be 50x his peak Wrath state? Though I guess that wouldn't matter since Broly has RPL so he would eventually grow strong enough to fight Tartarus even if he's weaker. Like at his peak he grew to be on par with SS1 Gogeta so AP wise he should be fine to use against Tartarus.

Last edited:
The gap is actually more than 2.7x since while holding back and being partially weakened Tartarus stomped Ultimate Shining Zero who is 4x stronger than Shining Zero who stomps characters on the lvl of Ultimate Zero who is stronger than 12x baseline

Also Tartarus is 56 meters tall (Large Size Type 1) so I don’t think skill matters due to the size difference but he is really skilled as he fights Ultras who know martial arts and have like hundreds or thousands of years of experience in combat. He also has the ability to travel throughout the multiverse and different timelines. He can summon a bunch of 3-As and Low 2-Cs. One 3-A is Reibatos who has Low-Godly Regen and can amp beings after he revives them. So unless Broly can kill souls Tartarus can theoretically summon Reibatos who will keep reviving and amping him.

Also he is fully willing to sneak attack whenever it is possible and run away if his enemy is too strong like against Ultraman Legend one of the god tiers of the series. He is also willing to do things like BFR targets off the battlefield.

The gap is actually more than 2.7x since while holding back and being partially weakened Tartarus stomped Ultimate Shining Zero who is 4x stronger than Shining Zero who stomps characters on the lvl of Ultimate Zero who is stronger than 12x baseline

Also Tartarus is 56 meters tall (Large Size Type 1) so I don’t think skill matters due to the size difference but he is really skilled as he fights Ultras who know martial arts and have like thousands of years of experience in combat. He also has the ability to travel throughout the multiverse and different timelines. He can summon a bunch of 3-As and Low 2-Cs. One 3-A is Reibatos who has Low-Godly Regen and can amp beings after he revives them. So unless Broly can kill souls Tartarus can theoretically summon Reibatos who will keep reviving and amping him.

Also he is fully willing to sneak attack whenever it is possible and run away if his enemy is too strong like Ultraman Legend one of the god tiers of the series. He is also willing to do things like BFR targets off the battlefield.
How is broly supposed to beat a dude who has low godly regeneration? And they can be revived and get stronger bruh.

I mean it’s not guaranteed he will summon Reibatos in battle. But Reibatos is part of his army which he could summon whenever he wants. It’s more likely that Reibatos will be like a last resort thing when he’s losing. So if Broly can kill Tartarus before he summons Reibatos he could win.

I mean it’s not guaranteed he will summon Reibatos in battle. But Reibatos is part of his army which he could summon whenever he wants. It’s more likely that Reibatos will be like a last resort thing when he’s losing. So if Broly can kill Tartarus before he summons Reibatos he could win.
If it's a last resort then broly becomes a legendary super saiyan and one shots before he summons.

Does he improve fast enough to do that? Tartarus also has other wincons. He can just open a portal and BFR Broly to space or another universe or timeline. As Tartarus did do that in character against Leugocyte. Also considering how Tartarus is an extra cautious tactician he really might just leave the battlefield and think of a plan before coming back and deciding to do something like the Reibatos loop.

Last edited:
Does he improve fast enough to do that? Tartarus also has other wincons. He can just open a portal and BFR Broly to space or another universe or timeline. As Tartarus did do that in character against Leugocyte. Also considering how Tartarus is an extra cautious tactician he really might just leave the battlefield and think of a plan before coming back and deciding to do something like the Reibatos loop.
Yeah once he fought gogeta, an opponent that can at all push him, he nearly immediately transformed. Broly can escape BFR by breaking space time or break it to find the dude if he tries to escape.

Was Broly really shown to be able to escape BFR to a different timeline altogether? Cause that scene just seems to be a different universe and not a completely different timeline with a separate multiverse on its own in Dragon Ball. Also can Broly even track somebody across different universes and timelines? Cause I don’t think any Dragon Ball characters has shown multiversal senses.

Also Tartarus could always do something like summoning Leugocyte an intangible 3-A for Broly to try and beat up while he escapes with Narak to formulate a plan. Like he’s so cautious he literally retreated against Joneus who is well over 16x weaker than he is once he confirmed how strong he is. So it wouldn’t even be out of character for him to run away think of a plan that works and than come back.

Was Broly really shown to be able to escape BFR to a different timeline altogether? Cause that scene just seems to be a different universe and not a completely different timeline with a separate multiverse on its own in Dragon Ball. Also can Broly even track somebody across different universes and timelines? Cause I don’t think any Dragon Ball characters has shown multiversal senses.

Also Tartarus could always do something like summoning Leugocyte an intangible 3-A for Broly to try and beat up while he escapes with Narak to formulate a plan. Like he’s so cautious he literally retreated against Joneus who is well over 16x weaker than he is once he confirmed how strong he is. So it wouldn’t even be out of character for him to run away think of a plan that works and than come back.
I don't know, probably not, also forgot to mention that broly will get very fast very quickly so tartar sauce will probably not be able to wscape even if he tries. Then broly will become a legendary super saiyan.

That is true. Though considering Tartarus’ personality he probably won’t force Broly into LSS1 at all. He will start off by checking how strong Broly is by lowering his strength to his lvl. And once he realizes Broly grows stronger as he fights he’ll open Narak and escape to formulate a plan on how to take him down. So in the meantime Broly will probably just be rampaging randomly on whatever place their battlefield was in.

That is true. Though considering Tartarus’ personality he probably won’t force Broly into LSS1 at all. He will start off by checking how strong Broly is by lowering his strength to his lvl. And once he realizes Broly grows stronger as he fights he’ll open Narak and escape to formulate a plan on how to take him down. So in the meantime Broly will probably just be rampaging randomly on whatever place their battlefield was in.
By the time he realizes how ridiculously fast broly gets, he'd be too fast for him to be able to run away properly, which will also cause broly to amp. But I guess tartar sauce is also likely to win as if he escapes he'll win if he summons the regen dude. But I don't think he'll be able to escape because broly is gonna consistently danmaku spam while getting stronger and faster which prevents tartar sauce from running properly.

Okay I know it has been a while since I've seen DBS Broly but wasn't Broly only shown to increase his power ridiculously quickly only if his enemies outclass him by an ridiculous margin? Cause I seem to recall Broly only entering LSS1 after fighting against SS1 Gogeta for a while. So he would only enter LSS1 if his opponent is massively stronger to the point where he gets stomped.

Also doesn't Broly have the habit of not finishing off his opponents at all? Against SSG Goku after beating him down he just left him there in the snow which allowed Goku to enter SSB. And against Frieza after beating him into the wall he decided he had enough and chased after Whis.

Tartarus normally fights by holding back so I don't think he will trigger the RPL to the point where he gets stomped and blitzed. And even if Broly does outspeed him while he's holding back Tartarus himself can just use more power to allow himself to keep up with Broly before escaping.

Okay I know it has been a while since I've seen DBS Broly but wasn't Broly only shown to increase his power ridiculously quickly only if his enemies outclass him by an ridiculous margin? Cause I seem to recall Broly only entering LSS1 after fighting against SS1 Gogeta for a while. So he would only enter LSS1 if his opponent is massively stronger to the point where he gets stomped.

Also doesn't Broly have the habit of not finishing off his opponents at all? Against SSG Goku after beating him down he just left him there in the snow which allowed Goku to enter SSB. And against Frieza after beating him into the wall he decided he had enough and chased after Whis.

Tartarus normally fights by holding back so I don't think he will trigger the RPL to the point where he gets stomped and blitzed. And even if Broly does outspeed him while he's holding back Tartarus himself can just use more power to allow himself to keep up with Broly before escaping.
Broly and gogeta were equal in their fight, but broly still transformed, here tartar sauce is 2.7 times stronger.
I think frieza surviving for an hour is plot induced bullshit, but we really don't know what happened so maybe frieza just played dead or something or maybe whis intervened.
Tartar sauce's full speed is equalized to broly's, this means if tartar sauce holds back then he'll just get blitzed so he is forced into full power but broly just gets even faster and either fast enough to blitz then transform or just transform and win.

Didn’t he originally start off weaker? Like I seem to recall SS1 Gogeta beating up SS1 Broly for a while before Broly powered up and started to match him blow for blow and they had a beam clash that shattered the dimensions.

Broly left Frieza alone right after he beat him into the wall. Also as we saw with Goku, Broly really isn't the type to finish off somebody after he beat him down he just left him alone for a long time. So I really do think that even if Tartarus gets beat up by Broly after he falls down Broly will think the battle is over and thus give Tartarus the chance to escape and formulate the Reibatos plan.

Also thinking about it now Tartarus might not even face Broly himself. It's shown throughout Ultra Galaxy Fight 2 and Ultraman Trigger that Tartarus would summon random aliens and monsters to do the testing for him most of the time.

When he wanted to test Glitter Trigger Eternity he just decided to drop Darebolic onto the city

When he wanted to test the Ultra Brothers he sent the Gua Siblings

When he wanted to test the Tri-Squad he sent Zett

The only character he personally tested was Joneus but that's probably just due to fanservice as Joneus hasn't appeared on screen in over 40 years.

So if Broly does improve even a tiny bit Tartarus will realize this and probably formulate the Reibatos plan as he's overly cautious about everything and that's the only possible plan that could work.

Didn’t he originally start off weaker? Like I seem to recall SS1 Gogeta beating up SS1 Broly for a while before Broly powered up and started to match him blow for blow and they had a beam clash that shattered the dimensions.

Broly left Frieza alone right after he beat him into the wall. Also as we saw with Goku, Broly really isn't the type to finish off somebody after he beat him down he just left him alone for a long time. So I really do think that even if Tartarus gets beat up by Broly after he falls down Broly will think the battle is over and thus give Tartarus the chance to escape and formulate the Reibatos plan.

Also thinking about it now Tartarus might not even face Broly himself. It's shown throughout Ultra Galaxy Fight 2 and Ultraman Trigger that Tartarus would summon random aliens and monsters to do the testing for him most of the time.

When he wanted to test Glitter Trigger Eternity he just decided to drop Darebolic onto the city

When he wanted to test the Ultra Brothers he sent the Gua Siblings

When he wanted to test the Tri-Squad he sent Zett

The only character he personally tested was Joneus but that's probably just due to fanservice as Joneus hasn't appeared on screen in over 40 years.

So if Broly does improve even a tiny bit Tartarus will realize this and probably formulate the Reibatos plan as he's overly cautious about everything and that's the only possible plan that could work.
Nah gogeta is just more skilled, but they were fighting pretty equally most of the fight.
I don't really have a counter for this, I think broly just left frieza for the plot, but I don't think he'll leave tartar sauce alone especially if he summons dudes then broly won't get distracted.
Well wouldn't broly just stomp all his minions then go for him? unless of course he summons the dude with the impossible regeneration.

Yeah looking at it again SS1 Broly was actually matching SS1 Gogeta from the start. So I guess he grew from being stronger than SSBKKx20 Goku to SS1 Gogeta lvl by simply using Golden Frieza who is weaker than him as a sandbag for an hour straight. Damn

His minions include the Gua Siblings (Juda Spectre, Mold Spectre, Gina Spectre) whom have ridiculous durability. Like their durability is so high that even the combined attack of three Ultra Brothers (At least 9x Baseline attack) didn't really do much damage to them. In the end they had to fuse into Super Taro who is tens of times (20-99x) stronger than Taro and use up all their energy with his strongest beam to dish out enough damage to kill them. And even then both Mold and Juda were still bathing in the beam for like 10 whole seconds before going down. So it took an attack from a character at least 60x baseline Low 2-C using up all their energy to kill them.

Also lore wise its also possible for the Gua Siblings to fuse after they die. So if all three of them dies they could fuse into Gua Spectre who is 3x stronger than they are. So that should be more than enough for Tartarus to gauge Broly's power and RPL from the side or even outside the planet.

Yeah looking at it again SS1 Broly was actually matching SS1 Gogeta from the start. So I guess he grew from being stronger than SSBKKx20 Goku to SS1 Gogeta lvl by simply using Golden Frieza who is weaker than him as a sandbag for an hour straight. Damn

His minions include the Gua Siblings (Juda Spectre, Mold Spectre, Gina Spectre) whom have ridiculous durability. Like their durability is so high that even the combined attack of three Ultra Brothers (At least 9x Baseline attack) didn't really do much damage to them. In the end they had to fuse into Super Taro who is tens of times (20-99x) stronger than Taro and use up all their energy with his strongest beam to dish out enough damage to kill them. And even then both Mold and Juda were still bathing in the beam for like 10 whole seconds before going down. So it took an attack from a character at least 60x baseline Low 2-C using up all their energy to kill them.

Also lore wise its also possible for the Gua Siblings to fuse after they die. So if all three of them dies they could fuse into Gua Spectre who is 3x stronger than they are. So that should be more than enough for Tartarus to gauge Broly's power and RPL from the side or even outside the planet.
I forgot, base gogeta is stonger than SSB Goku and vegeta, so broly would be far above 50x baseline. He's gonna beat up tartar sauce. also why the hell are his minions stronger than him when fused? Anyway Broly should one shot them all if they are unfused. And spam danmaku at tartar sauce to prevent him from escaping, but I guess it can go either way.

Actually now that I think about it doesn't Dragon Balls fusion mechanic make the fusions base form stronger than its fusees strongest form? So doesn't that mean
SS1 Broly = SS1 Gogeta 50x> Base Gogeta > SSBE Vegeta = SSBKKx20 Goku 20x> SSB Goku >Baseline Low 2-C? So SS1 Broly would be 1000x baseline.... God damn it.

His minions aren't stronger than him. They are just really tanky. Also Tartarus himself hasn't shown his true power yet. There was a trailer that showed two universes being destroyed by what seems to be Tartarus' Narak. But since the actual series isn't out yet we don't know if Tartarus was the one that destroyed the universes in the trailer.

Actually now that I think about it doesn't Dragon Balls fusion mechanic make the fusions base form stronger than its fusees strongest form? So doesn't that mean
SS1 Broly = SS1 Gogeta 50x> Base Gogeta > SSBE Vegeta = SSBKKx20 Goku 20x> SSB Goku >Baseline Low 2-C? So SS1 Broly would be 1000x baseline.... God damn it.

His minions aren't stronger than him. They are just really tanky. Also Tartarus himself hasn't shown his true power yet.
That could be true, I'm just low balling and using the wiki's scaling. Anyway I think broly win but it's really close I think broly can transform in time.

Well if Broly does hold the AP advantage that's great enough to threaten Tartarus I doubt he would stay on the battlefield at all. He's immediately lol noping out of there with his portals. Either that or he could drag the battle into Narak which is where Reibatos and all his other minions are at. There's obviously way more minions than just these but I'm just trying to show that he has his minions in his pocket dimension being ready to summon most of the time. Reibatos could also revive multiple beings at once. So in the end Broly will be fighting Tartarus and his entire army of immortals that keep getting stronger as they are killed.

Well if Broly does hold the AP advantage that's great enough to threaten Tartarus I doubt he would stay on the battlefield at all. He's immediately lol noping out of there with his portals. Either that or he could drag the battle into Narak which is where Reibatos and all his other minions are at. There's obviously way more minions than just these but I'm just trying to show that he has his minions in his pocket dimension being ready to summon most of the time. Reibatos could also revive multiple beings at once. So in the end Broly will be fighting Tartarus and his entire army of immortals that keep getting stronger as they are killed.
If tartar sauce can't sense energy then he'd have to see how strong broly is first hand so he's forced to fight, and Broly's not gonna let him escape if he's constantly getting faster, if he has to open a portal then walk through it then broly has amp time to stop him, goku who could teleport instantly needed to distract broly with frieza to escape, but tartar sauce can do the same with his minions but at the same time broly could overwhelm him and stop him from summoning dudes as well.

Energy sensing is like one of the most basic things in the Ultra Series. Tartarus was able to tell that Legend could've been able to kill him so he ran away immediately after he appeared and fired his beam. And he was also able to tell that Zero couldn't keep his Ultimate Shining form up for long. And he was also able to sense and open his portal on the planet that the Ultras were fighting Leugocyte on.

Also Tartarus himself doesn't need to move the portal itself can move and even suck others in. And it's shown that as long as the red gem on his hand flashes he can open and control it however he wants. He doesn't even really need to make any gestures he just needs to activate it seemingly with his mind though he does prefer to make gestures.

Narak.gif

Energy sensing is like one of the most basic things in the Ultra Series. Tartarus was able to tell that Legend could've been able to kill him so he ran away immediately after he appeared and fired his beam. And he was also able to tell that Zero couldn't keep his Ultimate Shining form up for long. And he was also able to sense and open his portal on the planet that the Ultras were fighting Leugocyte on.

Also Tartarus himself doesn't need to move the portal itself can move and even suck others in. And it's shown that as long as the red gem on his hand flashes he can open and control it however he wants. He doesn't even really need to make any gestures he just needs to activate it seemingly with his mind though he does prefer to make gestures.

Narak.gif
I see that is helpful. can he do that while getting punched? Or like while getting constantly barraged by danmaku? It shouldn't take too long for broly to transform.

Um, if broly gets thrown there, can he just nuke the timeline to get rid of all the enemies, actually wait, if he gets thrown in there then he's 100% transforming and stomping them all. Broly transformed against gogeta really quickly anyway, broly got combod and just got angry and powered up so broly can win either by 1 transforming before tartar sauce runs away or brings some impossible minion or 2 nuking the timeline along with all his minions and or transforming in tartar sauces BFR place.

Back