• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Buggy Downgrade CRT (One Piece)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
A short and simple revision for Buggy at the beginning of the series.

His current durability justification is:

Durability: At least City Block level+ (Is fine after being hit by the Buggy Bomb Explosion twice. Took multiple blows from Monkey D. Luffy)

The first issue is that the City Block level+ calc for the Buggy Bomb is for the bomb's kinetic energy and not its explosion. Its explosion is calculated to be Large Building level. Buggy was never shown to be hit by the bomb directly; only being caught up in the radius of its explosion.

The second issue is that the second time this feat occurred, Buggy blocked the explosion with human shields, so it wouldn't be valid to use as a durability feat for him.

The third issue is that Buggy recieves some durability scaling from Luffy there, but Luffy recieves his AP scaling from harming Buggy (among other reasons). If we're saying Luffy is this strong for harming Buggy, we can't justify Buggy for being this tough from being hit by Luffy.

So Buggy's new justification should be:

Durability: Large Building level (Survived being caught in the explosion of his own Buggy Bomb which is this powerful)

As Luffy's next City Block level+ feat is in the Reverse Mountain arc, I think we should consider him and Zoro to be no more than Large Building level in the Orange Town arc, scaling off of Buggy - so Buggy's AP / Striking Strength would also go down to Large Building level.

There is no good reason to backscale his feats in the Reverse Mountain arc back to the Orange Town arc. Luffy has gone through numerous islands & fights between the two fights.

That's all.

Last edited:
I agree with this CRT
Further more I think the building destruction should be recalced since for some reason it calcs destroying the whole buildings rather then just the middle section, so this feat might not be 8-B+ to begin with

We treat Luffy as if he didn't get any stronger between BoS and Alabasta, meaning that Buggy still scales to Luffy's Reverse Mountain feats

We treat Luffy as if he didn't get any stronger between BoS and Alabasta, meaning that Buggy still scales to Luffy's Reverse Mountain feats
Okay... I'm proposing that we don't do that. That's a long amount of time to backscale Luffy's later feat, and I don't think it is necessary.

Okay... I'm proposing that we don't do that. That's a long amount of time to backscale Luffy's later feat, and I don't think it is necessary.
Why don't you think it's necessary? The CRT doesn't really cover that at all or why we should change it over preference.

Why don't you think it's necessary? The CRT doesn't really cover that at all or why we should change it over preference.
There is no reason given for it currently on the profile. If there's no good reason, then why backscale when we can just scale that version of Luffy to his own feats at the time rather than later on.

@KingTempest Don't worry, I won't call you out of retirement. This is a minor topic.

There is no reason given for it currently on the profile. If there's no good reason, then why backscale when we can just scale that version of Luffy to his own feats at the time rather than later on.
It's not in the profile, instead it was argued and accepted in the previous CRT's that there was no discernible progress between East Blue and Pre-Alabasta. If you're planning on changing that you could at the very least give justifications why we should.

@KingTempest Do you have any issues from the proposals of this thread independent of that other CRT?

Buggy took the entire yield of the ball here without anybody to shield him or anything. He took the ball smacking him and he took the ball's explosion, so he scales
Buggy isn't shown being hit by the ball there. The only thing we can safely take away from that is that he was caught within the radius of the explosion.

Buggy isn't shown being hit by the ball there. The only thing we can safely take away from that is that he was caught within the radius of the explosion.
When the cannon is pointed directly at Buggy, he stands in one place, and he had to block, plus he's the one with the most scratches around him, he most definitely took it

I don't see a point of finishing this CRT when there's another one which will remove the problem of scaling to the ball by scaling to someone else. If yall wanna repeatedly edit Buggy then you can, but that's useless. Just finish the other one and change Buggy's scaling

I don't see a point of finishing this CRT when there's another one which will remove the problem of scaling to the ball by scaling to someone else. If yall wanna repeatedly edit Buggy then you can, but that's useless. Just finish the other one and change Buggy's scaling
Since I started the topic, I'd like to see it through to its conclusion.

The canon was aimed directly at him. Grasping for straws tbh.
There is no proof that Buggy didn't move or that he was hit directly by it. When we see an overhead shot after the explosion, Buggy is to the side of the point where the bomb would have detonated.

We literally see that Buggy was hit by the bomb. I don't know what you're trying to argue.

How is that a picture of Buggy being hit by the bomb?

Either way, Buggy still scaled to Luffy's Reverse Mountain feats so this thread is useless.

I don't care. Let's leave him scaling to Reverse Mountain Luffy if need be, but I want Buggy's profile updated.

I blame the people who ran to KT as soon as they saw a CRT with the word "downgrade" in the title. Leave the man alone.
Just drop the subject entirely. No need to cause indirect controversy.

Nobody alerted King, so that's a pretty big assumption for you to make.

Aside from that I agree that we should finish the current CRT Buggy and Co. King's gone, yes but that doesn't mean we can't argue for ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back