• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calc Stacking Issue Related To Speed (Redone)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, I am by no means saying outliers won't happen, but this rule grants a universally assumed verdict that a series with a bigger result will always end up with an outlier without first evaluating the context or evidence of the series first. And thats a huge issue for me.

If something proves the results not an outlier, we should allow the exception. And if nothing proves it, we discard the result as normal.

I believe it is sufficient, yes. It explains
  • what Calc Stacking is
  • why we largely don't do Calc Stacking
  • some examples where Calc Stacking might be allowed
  • that we know about hiding calcs in order to justify Calc Stacking
If one wanted to tidy it up and make it more eloquent, I wouldn't be opposed, but the page isn't fundamentally flawed or anything.
I agree with Bambu here. @DontTalkDT do you have any suggestions regarding the wording or adding anything else in the page, or should we stick to what it is currently?

Someone constantly saying they've proven something wrong doesn't mean it's wrong, either.

Someone constantly saying they've proven something wrong doesn't mean it's wrong, either.
And someone constantly saying they gave undebunked reasons doesn’t mean they weren’t debunked.

So kindly resum your reasons or stop with this circular repetition just to avoid having to address my arguments.

Seriously, I’ve gone the mile here to address people’s counter points like basic debating is. You should be capable of this as well.

Last edited:
This seems to have been firmly rejected twice now, calc stacking won't be legitimized. You don't have to agree with the reasons, that's your choice, people can disagree on something or the other and that's fine. But at some point, a decision has to be reached and you have to accept it and move on. I don't agree with a lot of things either and I am sure that goes for almost everyone. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back