• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can someone (clearly) explain Kirby's Dark Nebula feat to me?

Still confuses me. From what I understand:

"The sky is bright at the start and then it's dark and you can see stars".

Could be pretty much anything to me. Even the floor changes to a darker colour which implies that it's just an aesthetic thing. Like when you fight a boss and things go dark.

Sorry if this is a common thread to make. I'm not questioning it that much, I just don't get it.

Cal made a blog about all the Kirby ratings. I don't quite understand when happened entirely myself. But based on wha was explained, Dark Nebula blew up nearly half a galaxy and which both Kirby and Dark Nebula were completely undamaged by that explosion despite being in the middle of it when it happened.

I dunno. The screen just flashes and all of a sudden the sky and floor are darker. Doesn't look like half a galaxy to me.

When Dark Nebula was reawoken, after the flash of light, another galaxy was present in the background as well as several celestial bodies. Based on what happened, we can assume that Dark Nebula's destruction feat spanded lightyears wiping out numerous solar systems.

In my opinion that is just a cinematic change, not a Multi-Solar System feat, but that is debatable.

LoudCloud said:
So seeing more galaxies = Galaxies were destroyed?
As if the developers were thinking that.
It wasn't galaxies, it was just solar systems being obliterated. People pass it off as a cinematic change, but the celestial bodies in the background beg to differ that something did happen. Nintendo making a flash of light was just censorship or something on their part.

Why would Nintendo put a flash of light to "censor" stuff? Don't think a handheld system has good enough visuals for us to see the alien genocides in the distance.

And how excatly would showing solar systems after the flash = destroying solar systems during the flash?

Seems far fetched and way too far from the developer's intentions.

Yeah, keep in mind that this actually isn't the only 4-A feat; there were two others. I forget one of them, but Marx was the other one. But ATM, Cal and Azzy are discussing if Marx's is actually 4-A or 3-B.

LoudCloud said:
Why would Nintendo put a flash of light to "censor" stuff? Don't think a handheld system has good enough visuals for us to see the alien genocides in the distance.
And how excatly would showing solar systems after the flash = destroying solar systems during the flash?

Seems far fetched and way too far from the developer's intentions.
What I'm meaning by censor is that basically as you know, you can't see it. I never said that it didn't, but it was more of to show how Dark Nebula's awakening was impacting everything.

It didn't show solar systems previously is the thing. The planet had an atmosphere and a cloudy look. The celestial bodies and the other galaxy didn't become present until Dark Nebula's presumed attack.

It rather aligns with consistency means regardless, so I say you can't call it really farfetch'd when there are similar feats within the Kirby franchise.

The whole thing about it only being for "dramatic effect" is also flawed.

But that would only be evidence that his awakening effected the planet's atmosphere. We don't see any celestial bodies whatsoever being destroyed or effected.

Fair enough if there are other fearts in the Kirby-verse around that level but that's all the more reason to use them rather than a dubious one like this.

The dramatic effect argument is because we see how the floor also changes when he is awakened making it seem like it's a visual aesthetic change of the level rather than a destruction feat. Cumberjung also rightly pointed out that the galaxy in the background changes colour depending on Dark Nebula's form. Which either means:

A. The level's design is the way it is for dramatic effect. Or...

B. Dark Nebula can manipulate the Galaxy's colour, which is confusing to say the least. Unless we consider that Dark Nebula could summon and manipulate it as a pocket realm like Cumberjunk theorised.

Back