• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Canonicity of RWBY x JL Crossover Comic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deagonx

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Ovens and I thought this subject deserved it's own thread, since it is the subject of hot debate at the moment.

RWBY had a short comic run published through DC, which was confirmed to be canon to the show by the authors. However, a year or so after they released a crossover comic titled "RWBY x Justice League" that involved a version of the JL that was native to the RWBY universe. However, this has not been confirmed by the authors as being canon, as the aforementioned statement was made long before it existed.

Moreover, recently another Justice League crossover took place in movie form, this time with the actual DC Justice League being transported into RWBY from DC. Notably, the RWBY team does not seem to recognize any of the characters from the Justice League despite many of them having an extremely strong resemblance to the comic versions, and having the same names and powers. Such as Batman:
cKMAhVM.png
uMgpW3R.png

The comic version had bat ears, and the movie version had wings, but otherwise the costumes are completely identical. The team was having some memory problems due to being put into a virtual reality situation, but this was never shown as being a reason for them not recognizing any of these characters, and this didn't change when the situation was resolved either.

This seems to suggest that the original crossover isn't canon to the show, because the movie explicitly is. And since the authors haven't confirmed or addressed its canonicity, and seeing as the two contradict eachother, it should be treated as non-canon.

Relevant tags: @Maverick_Zero_X @DarkDragonMedeus @WeeklyBattles @Sir_Ovens @Antvasima

Tally

Agree: Deagonx, Sir_Ovens, Maverick_Zero_X, Antvasima, LephyrTheRevanchist, Damage3245

Neutral: DarkDragonMedeus

Disagree: None

Last edited:
It is canon yes, this has already been explained numerous times. Once im done with my response on the other thread i will post it here as well

Hopefully we can get this squared away quickly, this comic adds absolutely nothing of relevance to the verse in terms of AP of abilities so i have no idea why people are so fixated on removing it lmao

It is canon yes, this has already been explained numerous times. Once im done with my response on the other thread i will post it here as well
Your explanation was that the author panel from a year before the crossover, which confirmed the canonicity of an entirely different comic, confirms the canonicity. That's not valid evidence, as they cannot possibly have been referring to a non-existent comic, and such a statement isn't carte blanche to consider every comic canon.

Your explanation was that the author panel from a year before the crossover, which confirmed the canonicity of an entirely different comic, confirms the canonicity. That's not valid evidence, as they cannot possibly have been referring to a non-existent comic, and such a statement isn't carte blanche to consider every comic canon.
Thats nice. Not at all what i argued. I will be responding in full later.

Yeah my gripe with this is that these characters exist in a fairly non-fantastical setting; in the context of superheroes anyway.

So someone saying their name is "Batman" isn't going to be something they just forget or not consider odd. That being said, if both the comic and the movie are believed to be canon, then wouldn't it be weird that RWBY don't recognise someone called Batman the second go around?

Yeah my gripe with this is that these characters exist in a fairly non-fantastical setting; in the context of superheroes anyway.

So someone saying their name is "Batman" isn't going to be something they just forget or not consider odd. That being said, if both the comic and the movie are believed to be canon, then wouldn't it be weird that RWBY don't recognise someone called Batman the second go around?
He isnt called Batman in the comic. He only goes by Bruce Wayne.

I agree. I used the example of The Seven from the Boys. Even we can easily recognize them as a rip-off of the Justice League, with characters that aren't nearly as similar as the two RWBY Justice Leagues. There are far too many factors that should contribute to recognizability. Power sets, appearance, names, the fact that they're a team together. It's just unthinkable that they wouldn't recognize the similarities, especially since this version of the League is being teleported in from DC and would be easily recognized as an alt universe version of the team they've already met.

As an aside, I'm going to remove some of the clutter comments.

Minor nitpick: In the comic the JL only use their real names (Bruce Wayne, Clark, ect).

Regardless in the film they introduce themselves using the same names, so the RWBY cast still should’ve recognized the JL.

Mav provided this:

IMG_9168.jpg

Prime example, both versions of Clark are visually identical, and both introduce themselves as "Clark" but no recognition or recollection.

Yes, because their memories were erased in the film
I addressed this in the OP. Their memories were not erased, the members of RWBY still recognized eachother, of course. There were some memory problems, but not in the way you're suggesting and it was never presented as a reason for the lack of recognition or something that was resolved later with a "Oh, Clark! I don't know why I didn't recognize you!" at the end of the movie or anything like that. So that's quite a reach, IMO.

And of course, even if we did accept this far-fetched explanation, that would not resolve the more pressing issue which is: The only justification provided for it's canonicity in the first place is an author statement that is over a year older than the crossover. In other words, we have no evidence indicating its canonicity.

I addressed this in the OP. Their memories were not erased, the members of RWBY still recognized eachother, of course. There were some memory problems, but not in the way you're suggesting and it was never presented as a reason for the lack of recognition or something that was resolved later with a "Oh, Clark! I don't know why I didn't recognize you!" at the end of the movie or anything like that. So that's quite a reach, IMO.

And of course, even if we did accept this far-fetched explanation, that would not resolve the more pressing issue which is: The only justification provided for it's canonicity in the first place is an author statement that is over a year older than the crossover. In other words, we have no evidence indicating its canonicity.
You did not address it properly, because their memories were in fact erased

And no, there are multiple key lore events that happened as a direct result of that comic storyline

I think "Memories erased" might need further context. While the RWBY teams recognize their closest friends, it probably could mean they forgot about characters they haven't met in years.

Aye, their memories were erased to the point that Ruby and Yang forgot that Beacon was destroyed and Oz was killed, Blake had no memory of the CCT going down, and Jaune forgot that Pyrrha died

I think "Memories erased" might need further context. While the RWBY teams recognize their closest friends, it probably could mean they forgot about characters they haven't met in years.
It could, but we would need actual evidence of that being the case for the league specifically, rather than assuming it in order to reconcile this clear cut continuity error.

It could, but we would need actual evidence of that being the case for the league specifically, rather than assuming it in order to reconcile this clear cut continuity error.
The Justice League in this movie has never met Team RWBY, they are not the same characters from the comic

there are multiple key lore events that happened as a direct result of that comic storyline
Oh? On the other thread you said the show almost never references the extended media, and throughout a long back and forth with Jinx on the matter all you referenced was the author statements, and encouraged Jinx to ask the authors on social media. If you had evidence of canonicity in the form of lore continuity the whole time, why did you not reference it yet?

The Justice League in this movie has never met Team RWBY, they are not the same characters from the comic
Yes, I'm aware. That was referenced in the OP and mentioned several times. That doesn't conflict with that I said.

Oh? On the other thread you said the show almost never references the extended media, and throughout a long back and forth with Jinx on the matter all you referenced was the author statements, and encouraged Jinx to ask the authors on social media. If you had evidence of canonicity in the form of lore continuity the whole time, why did you not reference it yet?
I did, multiple times, which she ignored

The show doesnt reference the extended media, but the extended media regularly references the show. Hell half of the first RWBY novel was just flashbacks to stuff from the show

Unless youre referring to today in which case I was at work and was unable to do so
Yes, I'm aware. That was referenced in the OP and mentioned several times. That doesn't conflict with that I said.
If your issue is whether or not the League had their memories erased as well, yes, they did

I did, multiple times, which she ignored
On the Minor Grimm post I did not see any of that.

If your issue is whether or not the League had their memories erased as well, yes, they did
What? That's not what I'm talking about at all. I'm talking about RWBY recognizing the league. As I said, the similarities are extremely large and would warrant recognition from the team. The memory issues do not resolve this automatically unless the movie actually acknowledged this with regard to the league and why RWBY didn't recognize a carbon copy of the Clark they met, for instance. It appears the real reason is that the RWBY in the movie never met a Clark in the first place, because the comics aren't in continuity.

On the Minor Grimm post I did not see any of that.
https://vsbattles.com/threads/minor-grimm-and-other-stuff.151965/#post-5643451

Literally my first full length response to Jinx's problems addressed it, what are you talking about?
What? That's not what I'm talking about at all. I'm talking about RWBY recognizing the league. As I said, the similarities are extremely large and would warrant recognition from the team. The memory issues do not resolve this automatically unless the movie actually acknowledged this with regard to the league and why RWBY didn't recognize a carbon copy of the Clark they met, for instance. It appears the real reason is that the RWBY in the movie never met a Clark in the first place, because the comics aren't in continuity.
Yare yare...like i said in the other thread, the only characters who even remotely look similar are Batman (Who the cast does not meet until the end of the movie) and Superman, with the former literally being a different species of Faunus entirely, every other member of the League looks completely different between the comic and movie versions, and Aquaman was outright replaced by Vixen in the movie. In addition, in the comics the 'Justice League' only use their normal names, not their superhero names, because they are not superheroes, theyre just people, while in the movie they almost exclusively go by their hero names. And on top of THAT, all of the characters had their memories erased/altered when they were brought into the Remnant simulation.

I don't really see the need to go in circles about this and clutter up the thread. You said you had a full response forthcoming, so we can wait for that and come to a vote on the matter.

What exactly is the timeline of events regarding the release of the different media and outside statements of "canonicity"?

If a media is supposedly canon, is there anything in it that contradicts the show or other media?

What exactly is the timeline of events regarding the release of the different media and outside statements of "canonicity"?
The comic takes place between seasons 2 and 3 of rwby, features a team of huntsmen native to Remnant who are loosely based on the justice league in design and appearance (they dont even go by 'The Justice League' until the last page of the comic), and the storyline involves Team RWBY and the JL fighting off a RWBYized version of Starro from taking control of the world.

The film takes place during a timeskip sequence in season 7, features Team RWBY, Team JNPR. and the actual Justice League from the DC universe pulled into a simulation of Remnant, with the Justice League turned into teenagers as a result, and the storyline involves fighting Killgore, who was working with someone from Remnant to trap the teams in said simulation.
If a media is supposedly canon, is there anything in it that contradicts the show or other media?
Nope, on the contrary, the comic solidifies itself as canon by making Victor Stone a major historical figure in Remnant's history

But yeah, sorry to keep yall waiting, im almost done with my counterargument for this, i would appreciate just a bit more patience if thats alright

The only statement I've seen referenced is in the OP, which is from this interview recorded at RTX 2019 which was July of that year.

The crossover comic in question was published March 2021. So close to 2 years later. The interview was referring to comics published around that time.

As to contradictions, it was said that the show pretty much never references the external media so there's not likely to be an overt contradiction, but I do feel that the movie situation about represents a clear continuity error if we are to take them both as canon, and is thus a good reason not to.

Alrighty, lets take this apart bit by bit shall we?
RWBY had a short comic run published through DC, which was confirmed to be canon to the show by the authors. However, a year or so after they released a crossover comic titled "RWBY x Justice League" that involved a version of the JL that was native to the RWBY universe. However, this has not been confirmed by the authors as being canon, as the aforementioned statement was made long before it existed.
This is Kerry confirming that all comics that the RWBY writing team co-wrote with Marguritte, that being the 2019 comic and the RWBY x JL comic, as canon. Youve quite literally posted a scan of the author confirming the comic is canon and used it as evidence to argue that its not canon. On top of this, the comic itself is not a crossover as it does not feature anyone from the actual DC universe, simply OCs that are based on DC characters who are native to Remnant.

And on top of that, the comic itself is directly interwoven into the storyline, with key events in Remnant's timeline happening as a result of the characters in the comic, such as Victor Stone being the reason that Remnant found out that Dust doesnt work outside of the planet's atmosphere, as he was the first and only astronaut that Atlas tried to launch into space.

15.jpg
16.jpg

The same event which is referenced in one of the World of Remnant lore episodes:

Moreover, recently another Justice League crossover took place in movie form, this time with the actual DC Justice League being transported into RWBY from DC. Notably, the RWBY team does not seem to recognize any of the characters from the Justice League despite many of them having an extremely strong resemblance to the comic versions, and having the same names and powers. Such as Batman:
cKMAhVM.png
uMgpW3R.png

The comic version had bat ears, and the movie version had wings, but otherwise the costumes are completely identical.
Ah yes, because all of the characters are completely identical, we'll compare them in a second, but as i pointed out in the other thread, Batman does not meet up with the majority of the cast until the final battle of the film, ~3/4ths of the way through the movie, when theyre already in an active battle. From the discussion we had prior, i dont know why you expect there to be an explicit moment in the middle of a battlefield where the team collectively stops what heir doing, looks at batman, ad acknowledges that he looks sorta like bruce from 3 years ago. Speaking of Bruce from 3 years ago, lets actually look at them to figure out why they wouldnt recognize him:

Heroes_and_Hunstman_Part_One_official_trailer_screenshots_00059.webp
RWBY_Justice_League_Bruce_Wayne.webp

Both Film and Comic Bruce are bat faunuses, but Film Bruce's faunus trait is a pair of large bat wings sprouting from his back, while comic Bruce has bat ears.

image.png
RWBY_Justice_League_2_Chapter_3_Weiss_demonstrates_her_Semblance_to_Bruce.webp

They also have much different facial structures, film bruce has a sharper face overall and only has a single scar on his right eye, while comic bruce has a square jaw and scars on his left eye and right cheek.

Theyre just visibly not the same person, enough so to not be recognizable as such, its like comparing Bruce Wayne's Batman and Dick Grayson's Batman and arguing that Dick is Bruce because they look similar in the batman costume.

As i said in the previous thread, Clark does look pretty much the same in both versions, so lets take a look at the others:

Flash:

Flash_Heroes_and_Huntsmen_Part_One.webp
Rwbycom-flash.webp

Film flash is a human, comic Flash is a tortoise faunus, quite literally two different species. Vastly different designs, and film flash is much skinnier than comic flash. Comic flash also has freckles, while film flash does not. And if having a speed semblance is all it takes to be recognized as Flash, then Harriet must be the Flash in disguise.

Green Lantern:

image.png
Rwbycom-jessicacruz.webp
RWBY_Justice_League_5_Chapter_9_Brainwashed_Ironwood_working_with_Lloyd.webp

Pretty self explanatory tbh. Comic Jessica is close to 6 ft tall, long hair, completely different outfit and skin tone, while movie Jessica is barely 5 ft tall, lighter skin, different hair, different outfit, and different facial structure. Their powers are completely different too, literally the only thing they have in common from a visual perspective is theyre humans.

Cyborg:
image.png
Rwbycom-cyborg.webp

Different hair, different skin tone, different cybernetic parts, different scarring patterns, all they have in common is a black and teal arm band, and seeing as Ironwood exists, hes not the only one in-verse who is half man and half machine.

Diana:
image.png
Rwbycom-wonderwoman.webp

Close but still noticeable different, plus the problem of film diana being a human, while comic diana is a robot. Diana in the comic also stands around the same height as Team RWBY, while in the film she is almost two feet taller than them.

And on top of all of this, Arthur Curry isnt even in the film at all, he gets replaced by Vixen.

Reposting this info from the previous thread, the film doesnt contradict the events of the comic at all. The comic and the show are two completely different stories, set at two completely different periods in the timeline, with two completely different sets of characters.
  • The comic takes place between seasons 2 and 3 of rwby, features a team of huntsmen native to Remnant who are loosely based on the justice league in design and appearance (they dont even go by 'The Justice League' until the last page of the comic), and the storyline involves Team RWBY and the JL fighting off a RWBYized version of Starro from taking control of the world.
  • The film takes place during the timeskip sequence in volume 7, features Team RWBY, Team JNPR. and the actual Justice League from the DC universe pulled into a simulation of Remnant, with the Justice League turned into teenagers as a result, and the storyline involves fighting Killgore, who was working with someone from Remnant to trap the teams in said simulation.
So effectively you are arguing that based purely on aesthetics that Team RWBY should have instantly recognized a group of people they have never met. That alone makes very little sense, but theres also the next point:
The team was having some memory problems due to being put into a virtual reality situation, but this was never shown as being a reason for them not recognizing any of these characters, and this didn't change when the situation was resolved either.
RWBY and JNR all showed severe memory problems from the start:

Blake forgot that the CCT in Atlas fell

Ruby and Yang forgot that Beacon was destroyed and that Ozpin was dead

Jaune forgot that Oscar and Ozpin were different people

Jaune also forgot that Pyrrha died

Not that it particularly matters as once again, the entire argument here is based on the lack of a blatant fourth wall break from one of the characters acknowledging that the Justice League in the film looks vaguely like the characters they met from the comics.

To summarize:
  • Comic was stated to be canon, and was co-written by the writers of RWBY.
  • Comic is directly interwoven into the lore by making Victor a major figure in Remnant's history.
  • The comic and movie are two completely different stories, set at two completely different periods in the timeline, with two completely different sets of characters, and thus the existence of both in the timeline is not contradictory.
  • The only character who looks nearly the same between medias is Superman, everyone else looks different to varying degrees which explains why they wouldnt immediately recognize them.
  • Team RWBY never met the actual Justice League in the first place and thus has no reason to have known who they are just because they met people from Remnant who are vaguely similar to them.
So...yeah, not much else to be said here. The argument against it being canon basically boils down to 'The comic isnt canon because Team RWBY didnt instantly recognize a group of people people theyve never met nor did they directly acknowledge that they looked similar to the "Justice League" from the comic'.

Hopefully this is sufficient, this took way longer than i meant it to.

Relevant tags: @Maverick_Zero_X @DarkDragonMedeus @Sir_Ovens @Antvasima

Last edited:
Okay. Now that Weekly has said his piece the interest staff members are encouraged to consider what he said above.

The main points of contention appear to be:

• Whether the 2019 interview can be used as evidence for the 2021 comics canon status

• Whether the similarities between the two versions of the League warrant recognition from the RWBY team strongly enough to represent counter-evidence to the same

• Whether the memory problems in the simulation are a sufficient reason to overlook the former point

As for my part, I am still strongly against it, and I think in particular Weekly's argument that the team isn't similar enough to justify recognition is very unreasonable. I also want to clarify that my reasoning for that wasn't solely the appearance of each individual character, but also the same names, and the fact that they're a team with each other, all IMO contribute very strongly to recognizability. To the point where I don't think it should even be a question.

I will leave it to the other staff to form a consensus.

Also I believe @Damage3245 had something he wanted to say on the matter in the other thread so I will tag him as a reminder.

Last edited:
Alrighty, lets take this apart bit by bit shall we?

This is Kerry confirming that all comics that the RWBY writing team co-wrote with Marguritte, that being the 2019 comic and the RWBY x JL comic, as canon. Youve quite literally posted a scan of the author confirming the comic is canon and used it as evidence to argue that its not canon. On top of this, the comic itself is not a crossover as it does not feature anyone from the actual DC universe, simply OCs that are based on DC characters who are native to Remnant.

And on top of that, the comic itself is directly interwoven into the storyline, with key events in Remnant's timeline happening as a result of the characters in the comic, such as Victor Stone being the reason that Remnant found out that Dust doesnt work outside of the planet's atmosphere, as he was the first and only astronaut that Atlas tried to launch into space.

15.jpg
16.jpg

The same event which is referenced in one of the World of Remnant lore episodes:

Ah yes, because all of the characters are completely identical, we'll compare them in a second, but as i pointed out in the other thread, Batman does not meet up with the majority of the cast until the final battle of the film, ~3/4ths of the way through the movie, when theyre already in an active battle. From the discussion we had prior, i dont know why you expect there to be an explicit moment in the middle of a battlefield where the team collectively stops what heir doing, looks at batman, ad acknowledges that he looks sorta like bruce from 3 years ago. Speaking of Bruce from 3 years ago, lets actually look at them to figure out why they wouldnt recognize him:

Heroes_and_Hunstman_Part_One_official_trailer_screenshots_00059.webp
RWBY_Justice_League_Bruce_Wayne.webp

Both Film and Comic Bruce are bat faunuses, but Film Bruce's faunus trait is a pair of large bat wings sprouting from his back, while comic Bruce has bat ears.

image.png
RWBY_Justice_League_2_Chapter_3_Weiss_demonstrates_her_Semblance_to_Bruce.webp

They also have much different facial structures, film bruce has a sharper face overall and only has a single scar on his right eye, while comic bruce has a square jaw and scars on his left eye and right cheek.

Theyre just visibly not the same person, enough so to not be recognizable as such, its like comparing Bruce Wayne's Batman and Dick Grayson's Batman and arguing that Dick is Bruce because they look similar in the batman costume.

As i said in the previous thread, Clark does look pretty much the same in both versions, so lets take a look at the others:

Flash:

Flash_Heroes_and_Huntsmen_Part_One.webp
Rwbycom-flash.webp

Film flash is a human, comic Flash is a tortoise faunus, quite literally two different species. Vastly different designs, and film flash is much skinnier than comic flash. Comic flash also has freckles, while film flash does not. And if having a speed semblance is all it takes to be recognized as Flash, then Harriet must be the Flash in disguise.

Green Lantern:

image.png
Rwbycom-jessicacruz.webp
RWBY_Justice_League_5_Chapter_9_Brainwashed_Ironwood_working_with_Lloyd.webp

Pretty self explanatory tbh. Comic Jessica is close to 6 ft tall, long hair, completely different outfit and skin tone, while movie Jessica is barely 5 ft tall, lighter skin, different hair, different outfit, and different facial structure. Their powers are completely different too, literally the only thing they have in common from a visual perspective is theyre humans.

Cyborg:
image.png
Rwbycom-cyborg.webp

Different hair, different skin tone, different cybernetic parts, different scarring patterns, all they have in common is a black and teal arm band, and seeing as Ironwood exists, hes not the only one in-verse who is half man and half machine.

Diana:
image.png
Rwbycom-wonderwoman.webp

Close but still noticeable different, plus the problem of film diana being a human, while comic diana is a robot. Diana in the comic also stands around the same height as Team RWBY, while in the film she is almost two feet taller than them.

And on top of all of this, Arthur Curry isnt even in the film at all, he gets replaced by Vixen.

Reposting this info from the previous thread, the film doesnt contradict the events of the comic at all. The comic and the show are two completely different stories, set at two completely different periods in the timeline, with two completely different sets of characters.
  • The comic takes place between seasons 2 and 3 of rwby, features a team of huntsmen native to Remnant who are loosely based on the justice league in design and appearance (they dont even go by 'The Justice League' until the last page of the comic), and the storyline involves Team RWBY and the JL fighting off a RWBYized version of Starro from taking control of the world.
  • The film takes place during the timeskip sequence in volume 7, features Team RWBY, Team JNPR. and the actual Justice League from the DC universe pulled into a simulation of Remnant, with the Justice League turned into teenagers as a result, and the storyline involves fighting Killgore, who was working with someone from Remnant to trap the teams in said simulation.
So effectively you are arguing that based purely on aesthetics that Team RWBY should have instantly recognized a group of people they have never met. That alone makes very little sense, but theres also the next point:

RWBY and JNR all showed severe memory problems from the start:

Blake forgot that the CCT in Atlas fell

Ruby and Yang forgot that Beacon was destroyed and that Ozpin was dead

Jaune forgot that Oscar and Ozpin were different people

Jaune also forgot that Pyrrha died

Not that it particularly matters as once again, the entire argument here is based on the lack of a blatant fourth wall break from one of the characters acknowledging that the Justice League in the film looks vaguely like the characters they met from the comics.

To summarize:
  • Comic was stated to be canon, and was co-written by the writers of RWBY.
  • Comic is directly interwoven into the lore by making Victor a major figure in Remnant's history.
  • The comic and movie are two completely different stories, set at two completely different periods in the timeline, with two completely different sets of characters, and thus the existence of both in the timeline is not contradictory.
  • The only character who looks nearly the same between medias is Superman, everyone else looks different to varying degrees which explains why they wouldnt immediately recognize them.
  • Team RWBY never met the actual Justice League in the first place and thus has no reason to have known who they are just because they met people from Remnant who are vaguely similar to them.
So...yeah, not much else to be said here. The argument against it being canon basically boils down to 'The comic isnt canon because Team RWBY didnt instantly recognize a group of people people theyve never met nor did they directly acknowledge that they looked similar to the "Justice League" from the comic'.

Hopefully this is sufficient, this took way longer than i meant it to.

Relevant tags: @Maverick_Zero_X @DarkDragonMedeus @Sir_Ovens @Antvasima

Basically yeah, I agree with this, the whole all of them getting memories wiped thing helps

I don't have any problems with all being canon, but from a meta perspective it is weird to have two separate unconnected crossovers with one specific superhero team. Even "soft" crossovers. It feels like newer movie retcons previous ones.

Source: common sense.

I don't have any problems with all being canon, but from a meta perspective it is weird to have two separate unconnected crossovers with one specific superhero team. Even "soft" crossovers. It feels like newer movie retcons previous ones.

Source: common sense.
The struggles of RWBY and DC being owned by the same company, theyve had three different times that theyve crossed over with the Justice League lmao

At least in defense of the first comic, its not the actual justice league, its just a bunch of people from remnant who dont even go by the name 'Justice League"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back