• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Can harry raise his shields faster than he just gets shot? Didn't JK herself say guns beat magic? Like I've only watched some potter movies, so I dunno how it works in books/later movies, but usually he has to actually say the name of his spell. They're 10 meters apart. Is that enough time to do that, or can he just raise wand magic happens later?

Can harry raise his shields faster than he just gets shot? Didn't JK herself say guns beat magic? Like I've only watched some potter movies, so I dunno how it works in books/later movies, but usually he has to actually say the name of his spell. They're 10 meters apart. Is that enough time to do that, or can he just raise wand magic happens later?
If Cap goes for his gun first thing, then Harry would have to immediately start moving to shout/use the spell Protego in time or he just gets shot. Wordless magic does exist, but either way a bullet is ******* fast. I don't think that's very in character for Cap to do, but it's a valid win condition.

I mean, bullets are only Supersonic+ and Cap is MHS, so since speed is equal I guess Harry could react? And from 10 meters I guess aim-dodging might also be a thing

His profile says he has used guns and I remember him using a rifle back in WW2
MCU Cap has never used a gun throughout the other movies, instead opting to use his trusty shield in every single fight he has it. Not to mention how he's facing a teenager here. So I just find it pretty weird to give him it, but sure I guess.
Though does that mean Harry gets the elder wand? Or his invisibility cloak? Or his flying broomstick?
I mean, bullets are only Supersonic+ and Cap is MHS, so since speed is equal I guess Harry could react? And from 10 meters I guess aim-dodging might also be a thing
The disarming spell would also knock the gun away if Harry ever lands that spell during the fight.

Reacting and physically being able to not get shot/get the spell out are entirely different things. His speed is only listed as athletic human. His reactions don't translate to being able to physically move faster than a human.

His speed is only listed as athletic human
Again, speed is equal. If Cap is fast enough to block bullets, then so is Harry.

Also:

"Reaction speed is defined as a single movement in a defined timeframe, which a character has been shown capable of. A series of movements in similar timeframes makes this combat speed, so this term should only be applied for a single, quick movement. Examples include ducking backwards to dodge bullets and diving away to dodge extremely fast vehicles."

Last edited:
I think I’ll vote for Harry due to his diversity of spells and his High 8-C shields which would protect him from Steve’s shield throws or his physical attacks.

Hey you guys, let's try and make Luke vs Harry? It's a classic and they have similar stats and maybe we can get Harry another win

Back