• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Captain Ginyu Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly? Probably not.

Seeing someone just stab themselves is kind of a shocking experience, as it turns out and it might take a moment to process.

That being said, I'm neutral on this one.

Honestly? Probably not.

Seeing someone just stab themselves is kind of a shocking experience, as it turns out and it might take a moment to process.

That being said, I'm neutral on this one.
Goku watched people die.

Goku has impaled people.

Goku has killed people.

Goku has DIED.

You think Goku watching someone stab themself then watch him CHARGE UP an attack is justification for getting hit by something slower than him?

"Additionally, if a series is very close to lightspeed or exceeds it in several other calcs and scenarios (such as what is seen in DBZ), there is less of a burden of proof to show that the laser is a true laser."

We have Namek Saga Goku at FTL (Faster than his Saiyan Saga Kaio-ken x4 form) and Namek Saga Vegeta at Relativistic+, FTL after his third Zenkai (Faster than before).

If multiple publications are calling it light, an injured could keep track of it after it's been fired, and a Relativistic+ character couldn't react in time to it, the idea of it being real light is reasonable.
When did Vegeta fail to react to it? The first time it looks like he actually got out of the way, albeit it's hard to tell for sure, and the second time he clearly reacted

I'll reiterate again that being close to or exceeding lightspeed evidently doesn't mean only a single piece of evidence is required, otherwise Death Beams wouldn't have been rejected, and are we really willing to allow lightspeed to be applied to every attack which is called light and exists in a verse that's around Relativistic?

Shrugs Well, I tried. The dude will be disappointed, but it's whatever.

On a Final note, why does Ginyu's Body Change ability on his profile have "Ginyu traps his foes in a strange purple aura, making them unable to move"

Goku watched people die.

Goku has impaled people.

Goku has killed people.

Goku has DIED.

You think Goku watching someone stab themself then watch him CHARGE UP an attack is justification for getting hit by something slower than him?
And yet the panel showed him being severely surprised, and that was enough for him to be taken out by an attack done in one panel with no apparent charge time from someone significantly weaker than him. Seriously, that took way longer in the anime than it did in the manga.

You also asked for my reaction, I gave it to you, I don't know what to tell you. That was just a very bad example you pulled there.

Also I'm not even arguing for this to be light speed through the examples of being said to be light. I outright said I was neutral on the topic, I just wanted to respond to that specific example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back