• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cedric Durge VS. Valev

I am legitimately surprised.

What's your argument for Cedric?

My original thoughts of "Valev erases" aren't really accurate considering that EE fire exists in Astiria and Cedric can absorb basically any magic through his staff

Yea, the EE isn't at all reliable since anyone who has magic can remove the flames.

I'll allow you to take the first argument, while I read over Cedric's profile.

I see the fight going something like this, if more complex:

Valev: Fire!

Cedric: *Absorbs/Pacifies*

Valev: Wut

Cedric: *CHAINS*

It's worth noting that Valev does not, at all, rely on his flames. They're actually not even a primary tactic. He instead uses speed, skill, and his temporal magic to outplay and burst down opponents in melee range.

Also, he likely has the lifting strength and AP to escape chains easily, even without magic, not to mention dodging them.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Hmm... That definitely makes things closer, but thought-based powernull is still a hell of a drug.
Well, here's what I see:

AP: Valev, by around x3-x4 . Valev could pound barriers pretty hard, break chains, and likely even the staff.

Speed: Valev, via amp. This is pretty damning, though if the power null stops amp, then they are equal.

Abilities: Cedric has abilities, but Valev has Time Stop. Cedric can't do a lot about this; his Crest has to be used in reaction to a magical spell, the chains have to already be applied, and the time stop is infinite, so it can't be absorbed.

Overall, I think Valev's going to take this with skill and trickery, using better physical abilities to beat him down, alongside potentially destroying the crest and his staff, both of which could leave him in terrible position.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Hmm... yeah, this match might have been a bad idea.
Not really. Power null is a pretty big oof, and the AP advantage isn't in one-shot range.

How good is Valev's time manipulation? Cause Cedric can do it too with his own time magic, or even absorb the time stop into his staff.

ZephyrosOmega said:
How good is Valev's time manipulation? Cause Cedric can do it too with his own time magic, or even absorb the time stop into his staff.
Absorbing instant time stop without pre-existing resistance isn't very plausible. As well, Valev has overwhelmed other people's resistances to time stop on occasions.

In what way would he counter?

ZephyrosOmega said:
Cedric could resist the time manip if he had the AP advantage, but since he doesn't...
How does AP = Resistance?

The time stop only lasts for a few seconds, and isn't used to one-shot, but it'll prove very useful here.

In Tales of the Red Wings, mages can passively negate hax by having good enough magic. It's the powernull listed on everyone's page.

ZephyrosOmega said:
In Tales of the Red Wings, mages can passively negate hax by having good enough magic. It's the powernull listed on everyone's page.
Seems like something that would require evidence/feats.

Regardless, is that a vote?

ZephyrosOmega said:
me standing here because Cedric is getting petrification, sealing, BFR and an AP buff soo
Probably should get it's own key as those things seem preeetty important/significant to have not come up before.

He always had them, but he's literally only been in a single fight so far and that was him holding back to let Ryn vent on Finch

Cool, how does sealing work and how significant is the AP buff?

Griffon's feat was casual and he was just trying to incap ryn. Feat was from a single thrown spear and he typically relies on barraging the opponent with multiple spears at once

Also 3x amp with a ring

honestly it's my fault for making him after he got literally one showing

ZephyrosOmega said:
Griffon's feat was casual and he was just trying to incap ryn. Feat was from a single thrown spear and he typically relies on barraging the opponent with multiple spears at once
Also 3x amp with a ring
Alright, and how does sealing work?

I'd prefer to restart this thread later once Cedric's page is updated rather than debate here, since we're already 3/4 of the way through grace

It's pretty important to note, as Sealing can turn this into a hard stomp in an instant, in which case there's no point.

Sure.

To note, soul-based Sealing is basically never working, thus the fight should be fair enough.

Back