• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Then why go to talk with the Ice Witch. The Church is the only organization in-range to my knowledge that can field a flying palace like that." Kargath responded, not stopping them from going it seemed...
"Cause thing is... I don't actually know if she knows they can't win, definitively." Sylvia said with a nervous chuckle, "We know she's a crazy ******* bitch. She just executed an innocent guy in public, for ***** sake. For all we know, if she sees a church ship in Aegis' airspace... she might be crazy enough to... yknow... vaporize it."

"Cause thing is... I don't actually know if she knows they can't win." Sylvia said with a nervous chuckle, "We know she's a crazy ******* bitch. She just executed an innocent guy in public, for ***** sake. For all we know, if she sees a church ship in Aegis' airspace... she might be crazy enough to... yknow... vaporize it."
"How good is your understanding of Aegis' and the Church's military might?" Kargath instantly asked without missing a beat

Siglos chuckled awkwardly at Sylvia's words, his eyes nervously scanning the surrounding area.

"M-maybe w-we...erm...s-should not be so...v-vocal...about our...thoughts about...the Ice Witch..." Siglos said.

"...Clairvoyant magic i-is...rather basic f-for someone of her level...s-she might be able to hear us..."

Siglos chuckled awkwardly at Sylvia's words, his eyes nervously scanning the surrounding area.

"M-maybe w-we...erm...s-should not be so...v-vocal...about our...thoughts about...the Ice Witch..." Siglos said.

"...Clairvoyant magic i-is...rather basic f-for someone of her level...s-she might be able to hear us..."
(Kargath at least is being quiet lol)

"Oh, right, shit-" Sylvia froze as Siglos brought that up, "Uhhh... as I was saying, Ms. Cecilia(real meaning: crazy bitch) might not uh... make the wisest decision...(real meaning: she's ******* crazy), when confronted with an... unauthorized vessel."
"How good is your understanding of Aegis' and the Church's military might?" Kargath instantly asked without missing a beat
"Uh... very little." She said, "I can only really go off of what I've heard... what I've read... stuff like that."

Siglos let out a shaky breath, his ears twitching.

"...Aegis's military is...fearsome. It receives resources from much of the nobility, and bears some of the best-enchanted apparel around. I've been...meaning to study them for a while, actually." Siglos muttered.

"...But...none of what I h-have seen or...r-read about c-compares to Velen himself. Even f-from the...little b-bit of his power he displayed for us...h-he's...frighteningly strong."

"Well, you won't be alone!" Alexia pointed out, "And while there have been... many incidents, in the past days... the security in Aegis is quite tight, normally. But if that doesn't ease your fears... just know that I will always be watching you, child. Both of you."
"The lot're probably at a nearby scheme. We can find 'em swiftly enough..." Duine said, not sure how to respond to Alexia saying that she'd be watching them.

"Oh, right, shit-" Sylvia froze as Siglos brought that up, "Uhhh... as I was saying, Ms. Cecilia(real meaning: crazy bitch) might not uh... make the wisest decision...(real meaning: she's ******* crazy), when confronted with an... unauthorized vessel."

"Uh... very little." She said, "I can only really go off of what I've heard... what I've read... stuff like that."
"Then you and Siglos are ill prepared to convince her of things she does not already know. The church has multiple superpowers at or above the level of Cecilia, counting an unknown amount of active and inactive inquisitors and Velen himself. Throwing Aegis a bone, let's say Cecilia is the strongest one in the council and there are at least three others at her level." Kargath explained before drawing breath and continuing "the ground forces are what wins wars though, not some lone powerful individuals. And in that, a distracted Church could sacrifice a thousand soldiers for each one of Aegis' and still have ten thousand to spare for each one. And this is assuming they are badly distracted." Kargath again drew some breath "in the magical and technological aspect, The Church has much better magical capabilities as well as likely superior Technology, albeit using that argument could hurt your argument due to lack of concrete proof. Aegis only stands to lose in a war, let them know that in no uncertain terms." Kargath finished advising Siglos and Sylvia.

"Ill-prepared or not, something needs to happen." Sylvia said straight-up, "If we don't act, something bigger happens that doesn't need to happen. If we do act, we can possibly prevent a war. I'd rather act without a plan instead of not acting and let things worsen."

"Ill-prepared or not, something needs to happen." Sylvia said straight-up, "If we don't act, something bigger happens that doesn't need to happen. If we do act, we can possibly prevent a war. I'd rather act without a plan instead of not acting and let things worsen."
"I just prepared you. You need it in writing?" Kargath grunted in response, recognizing that Sylvia didn't quite get his meaning
"The lot're probably at a nearby scheme. We can find 'em swiftly enough..." Duine said, not sure how to respond to Alexia saying that she'd be watching them.
(Also ya need to respond to this one Azontr)

"I just prepared you. You need it in writing?" Kargath grunted in response, recognizing that Sylvia didn't quite get his meaning
"I know what you meant, dickweed." Sylvia growled out, "Thanks for basically giving the bare minimum information we already could've devised on our own. Such genius, O' Great Orc nobody... you want a ******* compliment?"
Also ya need to respond to this one Azontr)
(I'm just waiting for you and Zoro to have Shalor and Duine approach, since they know where everyone else is.)

"I know what you meant, dickweed." Sylvia growled out, "Thanks for basically giving the bare minimum information we already could've devised on our own. Such genius, O' Great Orc nobody... you want a ******* compliment?"
"You didn't carry yourself as if you knew how to explain how thoroughly the church would crush Aegis. Now you do. Explain that well enough, and you may stop a war." Kargath said, clearly not caring at all about Sylvia's sarcasm
(I'm just waiting for you and Zoro to have Shalor and Duine approach, since they know where everyone else is.)
(Kk)
Shalor was already running off by the time Duine would get outside, he wanted to waste no time in getting around people he actually knew, and spend as little time as possible around those he didn't, even with Alexia's comfort that she'd be watching

"S-Sylvia please..." Siglos said softly, squeezing the Rakshashin's hand with his own. He looked almost...panicked, his eyes focused on the golden cobblestone beneath his feet.

"...L-let's just...go...o-ok? I-I'm....I'm sure we're all just...overthinking this." The Everian muttered.

"S-Sylvia please..." Siglos said softly, squeezing the Rakshashin's hand with his own. He looked almost...panicked, his eyes focused on the golden cobblestone beneath his feet.

"...L-let's just...go...o-ok? I-I'm....I'm sure we're all just...overthinking this." The Everian muttered.
"Calm yourself. Have confidence you will explain it well." Kargath advised, as u helpful as that piece of advice might be

Sylvia glanced down at her mate for a few moments, before breathing out an exasperated sigh. She gently gripped Siglos's hand tighter for a moment, before simply nodding.

"Alright. Fine." She said, simply ignoring Kargath. "Do you want to walk, or do you need me to carry you?"

Shalor was already running off by the time Duine would get outside, he wanted to waste no time in getting around people he actually knew, and spend as little time as possible around those he didn't, even with Alexia's comfort that she'd be watching
"Oh joy, the lad wants to be a jessie around me..." Duine muttered to herself upon seeing him run outside, swiftly darting behind Shalor to catch up.

Sylvia noticed Duine and Shalor approached them from afar, her eyes squinting ever so slightly.

"Take care of those two while we go do this, whiteskin." She said, "They'd probably trip on the air or something if left alone to long..."

"S-Sylvia please don't antagonize them..." Siglos whispered softly. He sighed, before shaking his head.

"...T-thanks...erm...Kargath. For y-your...advice." He muttered. He took another deep breath to calm himself, before clenching his fingers around Sylvia's again...slowly moving in the direction of the noble district.

Sylvia noticed Duine and Shalor approached them from afar, her eyes squinting ever so slightly.

"Take care of those two while we go do this, whiteskin." She said, "They'd probably trip on the air or something if left alone to long..."
"You know where to find me, snake eyes." Kargath responded, rolling the slight antagonization off his shoulders, but wasn't shy about giving one back
"S-Sylvia please don't antagonize them..." Siglos whispered softly. He sighed, before shaking his head.

"...T-thanks...erm...Kargath. For y-your...advice." He muttered. He took another deep breath to calm himself, before clenching his fingers around Sylvia's again...slowly moving in the direction of the noble district.
"Thanks aren't needed. Only results." Kargath said, regarding the Evarian a fourth of his height and over a dozen times smaller then his weight with a simple nod before he turned his head to watch Shalor and Duine, taking heavy steps towards them, as he didn't much trust the city after what had happened, not that he trusted before, but now he was more... on edge.

Sylvia simply glanced down at Siglos, before saying nothing as she followed his lead. The smell of extravaganza perfumes and pure, untainted jewels filled Sylvia's nose as they approached the further part of the city... which wasn't coming only from Siglos.

At the entrance to the noble district stood several rows of heavily armed guards... the security wasn't this high at their prior visit, but with the ensuing conflicts, it was likely they sought to protect those within their high-society... and not the peasants who walked the streets.

"What'd we miss?" Duine asked upon catching up with Shalor and the rest of the group.
Shalor arrived as well, stopping himself and sliding about three meters on his shoes before stopping and glancing at Duine

"The Council here possibly wanting to commit suicide and our in-progress prevention of that." Kargath said bluntly, gesturing to the approaching floating palace disguised as a ship

Sylvia simply glanced down at Siglos, before saying nothing as she followed his lead. The smell of extravaganza perfumes and pure, untainted jewels filled Sylvia's nose as they approached the further part of the city... which wasn't coming only from Siglos.

At the entrance to the noble district stood several rows of heavily armed guards... the security wasn't this high at their prior visit, but with the ensuing conflicts, it was likely they sought to protect those within their high-society... and not the peasants who walked the streets.
Siglos was well used to the intense scents of perfumes and jewelry from the noble class. It was...one of the few things he had reclaimed for himself, after he had escaped, dipping himself in fancy perfumes as a simple merchant, almost as if to spite the lofty nobles who did the same. It felt...good, in a way, a personal bit of pride in himself his past could not fully rob from his person.

His eyes scanned the area as they walked, the familiar scenery of wealth stretching before him. He hadn't seen this place in years...but it seemed little had changed from his father's occasional visits, aside from the increased security. Siglos's steps began to slow as he approached the entrance, figuring Sylvia would slow down as she felt his hesitation.

"...I...suppose I should d-do the talking, yes?" Siglos said softly.

"If I do it I'm probably gonna say some wild Everian slur." Sylvia grunted out, communicating more than enough times that she was in the opposite of a good mood. "So, yeah. You do the talking."
"......." Siglos looked up at her for a moment, twitching ever so slightly. Silently, he let go of her, hand moving up to the guards at the entrance.

"...Greetings." He said softly. He bowed slightly, though the motion was more ceremonial than subservient.

"Name and business?" A few of the guards stepped in front of Siglos, and out of those few one addressed him, looking down at him and keeping a tight grip on their weapon, which was seemingly some form of enchanted Lance or spear.

Siglos glanced at the spear for a moment, shifting ever so slightly away from the weapon. He could sense the enchantment coming off of it with his Mana Hearing, and knew it was something far beyond what he could craft at his current level. If he had the chance...he would have loved to question them about it, though he doubted they would be amenable.

"M-my name is Siglos. I-I am a representative of the church of Ophelius, and h-have...come to deliver important news to the interim ruler of Aegis." He said softly.

"Lady Cecilia is busy." The guard said swiftly and bluntly, clearly not in the mood to entertain someone he deemed... lesser than himself.

"Come back later."
"....." Siglos stared at the man blankly for a moment, shifting awkwardly where he stood. He took a deep breath, smoothing his voice in an attempt to sound professional.

"This is an...urgent matter. Pertaining d-directly to the present lockdown and the g-group who assassinated his highness." He said quietly.

"...Surely, she would forgive an interruption."

The guard eyed Siglos down once more, examining him. This small, shaking "man" who could barely speak up and acted like he knew something about the assassination of their King? Or at least something pertaining to that?

Yeah, this was some kind of joke.

"I don't know who exactly you are, kid..." The guard said, "But this isn't a time where we're tolerating jokes. The Court Mage is busy. Now, beat it."

"Alright, wise guy. Where's proof your with the church?" The guard sneered, "You don't look like a priest, or a knight. So certainly you have some kind of proof? Identification?"

"Alright, wise guy. Where's proof your with the church?" The guard sneered, "You don't look like a priest, or a knight. So certainly you have some kind of proof? Identification?"
"U-uh...." Siglos trailed off, panic welling up within his lithe chest.

"........"

"...I-I h-have a sword! U-uh...a-an enchanted blade...crafted by...by Cornelius himself! Surely...no...erm...commoner would receive a gift from the church's armory..." He said quickly.

"A sword, huh? Forged by Cornelius..." The guard thought for a moment, before speaking. "Alright, let's see it, then."
Siglos let out a sigh of relief, quickly reaching into his bag. He dug around for a moment…before grasping the golden hilt of the enchanted rapier...slowly pulling it out of its sheath and into the light of the sun. It was...perfectly crafted, even an untrained eye could see as much, as flawless as steel could become.

But above all else...it was strong. Should the guard have any way of sensing mana...he would automatically sense that the blade was far...far stronger than the relatively weak enchanted items the young man was wearing. Such power could not be replicated...not without the skill of a masterful craftsman.

"...D-does this suffice?" Siglos said softly.

Back