• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Charizard vs Greymon

uhm, "The X-Antibody versions of a Digimon are so much stronger than its base that the base form cannot even compare", but even then, i can't even find what makes greymon Hight 7-A, considering that i followed all the scaling rope and i found that he is apparently scaled to Meramo, which doen't make sense since this guy is low 7-B in normal mode and 6-B in skull mode ... for fighting Metal greymon, that doesn't make even more sense because metalGreymon is solar sistem level, WTF is this mess !?

They are actually more scaled to Seadramo than anything else. I haven't actually got to editing Meramon's page as of yet...Should probably do that now....

Either way, I'd say all rounds go to Greymon here just barely.

Greymon's main victory ticket is a combination of Acceleration Boost and Attack Charge. With Acceleration Boost doubling the power of his next attack and using Attack Charge to stack 10% increases in AP, I feel that Greymon should take all rounds with High Difficulty. Although Greymon X takes it with Mid-Difficulty via my reasons.

Charizard for all rounds, as Tough Claws and Drought cancel out Acceleration Boost, and it's permanent. Also, Flight helps greatly, along with Metal Claw's attack boost, Shadow Claw/Slash's crit ratio, and Thunderpunch's paralysis chance. Charizard can also abuse range better due to flight, and beats him in maneuverability.

Tough Claws and Drought don't help out as much as you thing as both are still High 7-A with it. So yeah. Flight is nothing new to Greymon considering well, Parrotmon and a history of fighting airborne opponents. Matter of fact Drought powers up fire meaning it helps Greymon. Tough Claws match Attack Charge, but get destroyed by Acceleration Boost. Metal Claw is nice. Dragon's Roar boosts his Fire Based attacks even more. I don't remember Charizard naturally having Thunderpunch. I believe Crits are Game Mechanics only hence why Crit Charge from Digimon isn't added to files. Not to mention the massive gap between Greymon X and Greymon. Not to mention Overwrite is still a thing.

The thing is, Base Charizard is only 2.2 difference between him and Greymon. It's kinda the same diff with Mega Evolving and X form. Anyway...

While Greymon is used to fighting fliers, he's still at a disadvantage by it. Other things Charizard has to screw over Greymon is Growl and Smokescreen, the guaranteed burn of Inferno, the movement restriction of Fire Spin, the flinch chance of Air Cutter, the continuous boost from Rage, and the AoE of Heat Wave and Flame Busrt.

Going with charizard due to flight and versatility. He is barely a greymon with wings.

" It's kinda the same diff with Mega Evolving and X form."

Not really. X-Forms are so much more powerful than base that the Base Form can never hope to compare. hence the "+" on Greymon X.

"Base Charizard is only 2.2 difference between him and Greymon."

Yet Mega forms are still only Small Island level. Acceleration Boost double's Greymon's attack power. Drought will help him. Flight is nice, but not as big of an advantage as you think. Growl is countered by Attack Charge. Fire Spin won't help much as Greymon with a resistance to fire can just power through. Rage is too risky for Charizard. Heat Wave can still be countered by Nova Blast.Getting up close and personal with Greymon is the worst thing Charizard can do here.

PaChi2 said:
Going with charizard due to flight and versatility. He is barely a greymon with wings.
Define versatility. You mean multiple skills that won't help in the long run?

Bro, you know that High 7-A is only a gap of 4x, right? Also, only reason I didn't add the + was because I felt guilty about it and figured it'd create too much controversy.

Flamethrower- Countered by Nova Blast and Acceleration Boost+Drought+Dragon's Roar

Heat Wave- Same as above.

Shadow Claw: Countered just by any physical move of Greymon. Acceleration Boost + Horn Impulse to the heart murders Charizar instantly.

Growl- Countered by Attack Charge

Rage: Countered by Attack Charge, Acceleration Boost and Horn Impulse. Plus requires him to get hurt by Greymon to gain a boost in power.

Thunderpunch- Charizard doesn't naturally get thunderpunch. Where does that come from? And once again. Only a chance of paralysis.

Air Slash- Countered by any projectile.

Not to mention Overwrite is still a thing here.

While the natural gap in power is not that large. Greymon counters most of Charizard's more useful skills. And has multiple ways to overpower him. The moment Charizard gets close it is game over. And we all know Charizard aren't the type of Pokemon to spam ranged attacks.

Plus why would Mega's even get a "+"? They are literally onlt High 7-A for being stronger than 7-A+ characters. Compared to X forms who are High 7-A+ for being so far superior to High 7-A characters that said High 7-A's could not ever hope to compare.

Not saying it's one-sided but seeing how Megas and Champions(This sounds so wrong in Digimon Context) are pretty much even(Getting worse. ovo) The gap between Greymon X and Mega Forms is also high.

iirc, they were implied scaled to the Thunder calc rather than regular Pokemon to appease all, but I never translated it.

Thunderpunch, just took that from his profile. Maybe Ash's Charizard knows it or something? Idk.

Has Greymon even used Overwrite?

But...Charizard's main move is Flamethrower...

Both of us are kinda hyping stat boosting quite a bit. It's good, sure, but it's not that good. Not only is one hit not enough to screw over Charizard, but it's not permanent. Because it's not permanent, dodging (which is easy for a flying, smaller, much more maneuverable opponent) is very very useful. Talking about Accel Boost, not Attack Charge. Constant Growls mows that down more than enough. Enough that Charizard can get his boost from Rage without threat of dying. Claw moves are much easier to hit than horn moves (not talking about Pokemon or Digimon right now. I'm talking about in general. What's easier, punching someone or headbutting them ovo). Attack Charge is more useful than Accel Boost. Whichever one is permanent is the useful one, as the other is basically a Kaio-Ken without the chance of getting in multiple hits. Fire Spin gets boosted by Drought, so Greymon can't just power his way through. And don't forget that Drought allows for Solar Beam spam. Finally, Heat Wave isn't countered by those, due to again, AoE.

Whoa! Cal (the resident Pokemon fanboy) is arguing with Dragon! (The resident Digimon WANKER) in a thread about Charizard vs Greymon never expected that!- said no one ever 0v0

-I believe the Thunder Calc was not used overall.

-Shouldn't be there then.

-This is a Composite Greymon. If it was Tai's then he wouldn't have half these skills. ovo

-And Greymon has Nova Blast. Plus Greymon's can be pretty small. I mean have you seen Cyber Sleuth? Those guys are around Charizard size when walking beside you. ovo

We really are bullshitting here with Stat Amps. But Charizard has more movement, however, Greymon does indeed have many ways to go against this. I mean, any projectile Charizard has will be counered. If Charizard gets close, well that is when horn, claw, feet(ever seen a Greymon Drop Kick? ovo) and tail attacks will come in handy with Accel Boost (Which sounds like it should be a speed boost.) Plus Overwrite being Overwrite. Also Drought+Dragon's Roar helps Greymon a lot. Also I like how we both fail to mention the natural resistances to fire and plant attacks. ovo

Honestly, going inconclusive now...

Back