• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chrono series: Revival Discussion Thread

71u16EWvXoL.jpg
chrono-cross-radical-dreamers-edition-2669785.jpg

After that I have failed the deletion of the verse in this thread where I have attempted to delete the verse because of its extremely poor state.

So here we'll talk of everything we can do to fix the verse and give it the respect and glory it deserves.

Stuff I plan to do:
  • Remove that asinine Low 2-C scaling applied to everyone because of reasons I listed here.​
  • Make keys for characters for their Early/Mid/Late Game selves​
  • Make better tabbers for equipments.​
  • Make tabber for Elements for Chrono Cross characters.​
  • Discuss Radical Dreamers stuff.​
  • Make Lavos' profile better than it already is (as I know it's pretty incomplete so far lol)​
  • Discuss the speed ratings of the verse.​

I'm pretty sure that's a cloud parting feat before he splits the thing, actually.

I'm pretty sure that's a cloud parting feat before he splits the thing, actually.
Truuuuuu.

Also, for Chrono Trigger I found interesting stuff:
This is not even getting onto Lavos. The guy has for himself:
Gonna get on Cross stuff later.

That's cool and all but you forgot the acrobatics???

Stuff I plan to do:
  • Remove that asinine Low 2-C scaling applied to everyone because of reasons I listed here.​
  • Make keys for characters for their Early/Mid/Late Game selves​
  • Make better tabbers for equipments.​
  • Make tabber for Elements for Chrono Cross characters.​
  • Discuss Radical Dreamers stuff.​
  • Make Lavos' profile better than it already is (as I know it's pretty incomplete so far lol)​
  • Discuss the speed ratings of the verse.​
Looks reasonable.

Truuuuuu.

Also, for Chrono Trigger I found interesting stuff:
This is not even getting onto Lavos. The guy has for himself:
Gonna get on Cross stuff later.
Some stuff about CT I forgot:

Well, i will excuse myself from calc stuffs, i'm not well-versed in that aspect. But well first and foremost, we discussed this over discord, i agree with making tab/key for the characters. Probably we should touch Epoch level of speed later after we done all the calc stuffs, but your call @StrymULTRA

Last edited:
the Epoch does have a speed calc used eons ago

Didn't agree with it being applied as it was before but I guess they do just react to it's attacks moving faster than it and outright have the wherewithol to jump on top of it as it's flying by, so maybe?

the Epoch does have a speed calc used eons ago

Didn't agree with it being applied as it was before but I guess they do just react to it's attacks moving faster than it and outright have the wherewithol to jump on top of it as it's flying by, so maybe?
I don't really agree with scaling it to the top speed, as it literally becomes Immeasurable shortly-after (unless it's for base Lavos tiers, given that he logically should be able to do that as he has in his DNA also the Black Omen).

Its base speed can go across the globe in 13-14 seconds though.

Now, getting back on calcable stuff:

Radical Dreamers (yes):
Chrono Cross:

Last edited:
Speed stuff for Trigger also is:
I think I am done with compiling the feats. You can see by yourself all of these and discuss which ones are worth of a calc or not (if they're valid that is).

These animation things are canon, right? Cause that's a good feat.
I wouldn't consider this a full-on EQ but it might be doable as a shaking feat- remind me, they're in a church, right? Maybe I could assume they're shaking the whole thing.
Same as above but idk if this'd even scale to its death, to be safe I'd prefer the Yakra feat.
Generally size stuff is gonna give like, 9-A at most so I'll disregard it.
9-A probs
NGL I don't actually know if the party scales to Magus at this point in the story, they need Excalibur's powernull to beat him and he's comparable to them much later into the game. I would tentatively consider the UES acceptable though.
Bombarding the Earth's surface with tons of explosions (the og Narutoforums calc is heinous coz it uses an ernlarged Earth, this vid has it right lol)
Probably tier 6, aye.
There's a High 6-B calc for that, it treats the map as the entirety of the planet so idk if it's viable but it could possibly be redone using the mountains.
  • Lavos absorbing the Earth's energy for over 65'000'000 years (adding also 1999 so it's 65'001'999 years lol), evidence in both Trigger (here, here and here) and Cross (here, here and here)
Idk if this'd scale to his physicals
Causing an ice age is something like High 6-C, granted that's the temperature change, not lifting up clouds or whatever. Honestly I'd probably just treat Lavos as comparable to the Chicxulub meteor given that it caused the extinction of the dinosaurs in the CT world (and caused long-lasting climate changes just like the IRL meteorite).
Between it being from a guide (I think?) and relatively vague idk about being so hot, but even just using normal temperatures this should give a tier 8-ish result
  • Ayla getting a nice LS feat (I think Robo can scale given that generally him and Ayla have even the highest Strength stat initially iirc. This also should apply to people like Crono/Lucca/Marle after the Dimensional Vortex given they got a giant-ass boost that allowed them to hold on the Dream Devourer)
(y)
All 9-C
Are goblins human-sized?
EE as AP is currently being discussed
(y)
9-B-ish
Probably decent result
That's weirdly really hard to calculate since you don't see any curvature. I guess I could do it using the height of the atmosphere as radius, given that the explosion is circular-ish
(y)
Dunno about standards here, JRPGs are weird in the regard that obviously you're not causing the destruction the attacks show, but the BH standards kinda require that to happen
Light, photons and lasers are all brought up in rapid succession so it should be fine
Just standard Low 7-B storm stuff, no need for a calc
I'd like more detail for this to be creation rather than just a cool effect

These animation things are canon, right? Cause that's a good feat.
They're all introduced from the DS version. Plus they are just in-detail version of what happens already in the game, so yeah, they're canon.
I wouldn't consider this a full-on EQ but it might be doable as a shaking feat- remind me, they're in a church, right?
A cathedral actually.
NGL I don't actually know if the party scales to Magus at this point in the story, they need Excalibur's powernull to beat him and he's comparable to them much later into the game. I would tentatively consider the UES acceptable though.
You mean Masamune*. And I can see your point given that Magus uses high-end Tech which the party learn pretty later on. Though there's Ice I if you want to.

Edit: Never ******* mind. They can use that Tech at that point of the game too.
There's a High 6-B calc for that, it treats the map as the entirety of the planet so idk if it's viable but it could possibly be redone using the mountains.
The map is 100% the whole of the planet, but I disagree with using just 2 km as the height is weeeeell above the clouds, and I'd use 10 km here. I think it'll get 6-A.
Are goblins human-sized?
Yes. Plus Serge always potrays them as comparable in height to him when fighting them.
Dunno about standards here, JRPGs are weird in the regard that obviously you're not causing the destruction the attacks show, but the BH standards kinda require that to happen
I think it's just a JRPG thing rather than an invalidation of the black hole, given that gravity is one of the main points of the Black Innates, and visually it even warps space.

Plus it's not even the 1st time where strong asf attacks do not impact the battlefield in Cross, as UltraNova or this.
I'd like more detail for this to be creation rather than just a cool effect
To be fair, the user shifts the combatants to a different space, then creates the starry background and destroys it.
Causing an ice age is something like High 6-C, granted that's the temperature change, not lifting up clouds or whatever. Honestly I'd probably just treat Lavos as comparable to the Chicxulub meteor given that it caused the extinction of the dinosaurs in the CT world (and caused long-lasting climate changes just like the IRL meteorite).
I'd do the same, yes.

Last edited:
Between it being from a guide (I think?) and relatively vague idk about being so hot, but even just using normal temperatures this should give a tier 8-ish result
About that, given that's treated as a heat thing and it's her strongest attack, I'd say it's fine.

You mean Masamune*. And I can see your point given that Magus uses high-end Tech which the party learn pretty later on. Though there's Ice I if you want to.
Tech isn't really what specifically concerns me, it's just that to fight him you have to bring the weapon that weakens him (to the point that even being near it hurts him, given he cowers if he's in the party when Frog unlocks its true power) and still have to strike his elemental weaknesses, plus he meant to 1v1 Lavos (he obviously loses that fight badly later on but still he feels confident in fighting it after seeing the party get stomped) and can 1v1 Frog (Or fight the whole party if Frog isn't there) much later into the game despite the fact that he got his shit slonked by Lavos.
The map is 100% the whole of the planet, but I disagree with using just 2 km as the height is weeeeell above the clouds, and I'd use 10 km here. I think it'll get 6-A.
If it is then maybe it's fine, honestly I feel like calculating the area it fell into is a high ball, not a lowball, especially given that it's made of four islands, and none of those islands look like they're anywhere near continent-sized
I think it's just a JRPG thing rather than an invalidation of the black hole, given that gravity is one of the main points of the Black Innates, and visually it even warps space.
Plus it's not even the 1st time where strong asf attacks do not impact the battlefield in Cross, as UltraNova or this.
Mh, maybe
To be fair, the user shifts the combatants to a different space, then creates the starry background and destroys it.
Is that said to be what's happening? Cause I looked up the attack and that's what the wiki says, but it didn't source it

yknow it'd be cool if the CT cast had a 7-C key so they could fight the Live A Live party

Is that said to be what's happening? Cause I looked up the attack and that's what the wiki says, but it didn't source it
It's how it's the most interpreted to be fair, given it's only description is "all things are returned to nothingness", thus implying that's as the dimension was made out of nothing, it also gets returned to nothing.

Tech isn't really what specifically concerns me, it's just that to fight him you have to bring the weapon that weakens him (to the point that even being near it hurts him, given he cowers if he's in the party when Frog unlocks its true power) and still have to strike his elemental weaknesses, plus he meant to 1v1 Lavos (he obviously loses that fight badly later on but still he feels confident in fighting it after seeing the party get stomped) and can 1v1 Frog (Or fight the whole party if Frog isn't there) much later into the game despite the fact that he got his shit slonked by Lavos.
About that, it depends on how the calcs end, because I'd like to make something like this for CT:

Early Game: Yakra's feat + Superhuman speed

Mid Game: Frog's Cloud feat + the Epoch flying speed

Late Game: Lavos stuff (which also can put very high end speed ratings in play like Immeasurable due to Lavos having the DNA of both the Epoch and the Black Omen, though I wouldn't push it pass a "likely" for that).

Actually I have found now an actual good reason to explain why the feat is Low 2-C (or Low 1-C if we use the Temporal Dimensions stuff) instead of 4-A, now that I've mentioned the "return to nothingness".

Actually I have found now an actual good reason to explain why the feat is Low 2-C (or Low 1-C if we use the Temporal Dimensions stuff) instead of 4-A, now that I've mentioned the "return to nothingness".
average ps1 rpg

average ps1 rpg
Alright, for that I'll link this blog (which Ultima already approved back then when I've showed him) which explains in great detail the following things:
  • How the cosmology works and its size
  • How Dreams work and why they'd qualify as Type 1 Concepts.
  • How the Darkness Beyond Time works, and why it'd get also the following stuff:
    • BDE 2
    • NEP Nature 1, Aspects 1, 2, 3 and 5 (as the Darkness Beyond Time is beyond dreams, and anything inside of it gets reduced to nothing, and despite this Lavos can still think and act. Plus Aspect 5 is from History, as deleted timelines come in the DBT to rot)
    • Nonduality Nature 2, Aspect 1 or 2 (as the Darkness Beyond Time is also beyond dualities shaped from time and dreams, like beginning/end or love/hate. Plus I can make an argument for Aspect 2 if this for Arceus gets through tho)
Anyway, the thing is, if you read the Blog, you'd know that FATE has basically sent back to the DBT a timeline that was about to return and "overwrite" the main one from the Lavos that was defeated in CT (as the Lavos in CC is the one that was initially defeated from the alternate Magus of the Dream Devourer ending).

ForeverZero is basically a reference to that from the description "everything gets reduced to eternal nothingness" (which is even repeated in the CC guide about the DBT btw), plus the fact that Lynx is the biological incarnation of FATE that was integrated in her being solidifies this, meaning that similar to FATE, ForeverZero actually pulls out an dead timeline from the DBT and then erases it again.

This is 100% Low 2-C from its own, but there's also the fact that each timeline has its multiple temporal axis, as the Black Omen never did reach other timelines (and those things can be accessed in CT), thus you can perfectly argue that each timeline is not just Low 2-C, but Low 1-C (aka we're getting on the ride with Dragon Ball basically, meaning that the cosmology is made of infinite Low 1-C sized timelines in total lmao. and MAAAAYBE we can still get 6D as Zurvan treats all these infinite 5D timelines as finite in comparison given that the beginning and end of all these timelines is within Zurvan, but I am not sure about that anymore).

Anyway, can you also ping @DarkDragonMedeus to read it? I'd need some staff input for that as well.

Last edited:
I'll get to the calcs... probably
The main ones which are necessary are:
  • Yakra
  • Ice I, Ice II and Flare
  • All the Lavos stuff I've mentioned above (excluding the Meteor given it's already rated)
  • The Black Hole
  • The Uplift thing
  • UltraNova (if you want to)
  • The CC Meteor stuff
  • Crono's Cyclone speed
  • Lavos crossing stars
  • Harle moving the Moon
  • Ayla's LS thing
  • Serge's LS thing
  • Frog's cloud split
Radical Dreamers stuff is all already covered form the Common Feats stuff lol, the fireball that vaporized 3 goblins is already this calc x3 basically.

Last edited:
Welp looks like Arceus is getting Type 2 Nonduality based on him being apparently unbound from every concept in verse, thus means also every duality, so Lavos should too given that Dreams are basically the foundations of the reality itself, including space, time, beginning, hate, love and hate, and whatever gets in the DBT is reduced to nothing.

Did not know the standards of the wiki were this low but heh :x

I know, but that does not seem to be enough for saying that is the opposite of evey duality kek.

Anyway, if Arceus gets it, the the DBT does as well given the logic is the same.

Giratina' world is the reflection, the opposite, its not just nothing outside everything, it's the nothing that is opposite everything. That is what is essential. Just being everything and a nothingness outside it is not going to work without explanation connecting the two as opposing elements, otherwise the nothingness is just the lack of everything, which doesn't count.

Back