• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chrono Trigger: The day the world refused to have consistent size scaling

hmm...

Yeah I think that's something that can be done.

That said I can't actually find a good source for how far up you'd need to be to not be able to see the ground due to sheer c l o u d

I don't get the question. If you're above clouds, you're automatically not going to be able to see the ground. I've seen that myself when I was on a plane.

oh duh

alright that would clear it up

460 meters for the height seems a bit too much of a lowball looking at the map of Zeal though, as it's comparable to the other two dimensions. Anyway, we see some chunks of Zeal fall a bit southern than the area you used for the calculation.

I agree with Triforce, what height did the PowerCrunch video use though?

But at the same time Zeal isn't a perfect square like what I calculated and only a few smaller chunks actually hit outside that area so...

If course the only way we can get a height for said mountain is through the world map, and ugh...

That said, if it is really bigger than any mountain, it should at least be over 609.6 meters, so that's something at least

The other dimensions were made as a very rough estimate, I'm not really sure about trying to use them directly on the island since it's so very clearly not a square

Even a really rough estimate is better than assuming the height to be around 10000 times smaller than the other two dimensions.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it's still a bit shorter than it looks in that shot, considering it's at an angle so it can show off what's at it's surface but

Yeah this thing is just too rough for me to want to go any further, but I will throw on the 610 meter height

That said

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I think DarkAnine explained some detail on why it scale to reactions on another thread since Lavos actively makes U-turns.
I really don't remember Lavos U turning at any point, and even then, I don't think simply redirecting your travel is reactions, actually perceiving something and U turning away from it as you're going at immense speed is.

The calc was finally approved by Kep, though he's still not sold on using the worldmap whatsoever

Though, since he agrees with a "possibly High 6-B", we can do that.

So, are there any more objections before the changes are made?

well it's been 4 days so if no one has anything by tomorrow my time, I'll just go ahead and make the edits

... You know, now that I look at it, the lifting strength values come from like... absolutely nowhere

That said they should scale to Lavos' Class E feat for being comparable in strength to them, so I guess this time a lack of justifications was downplaying them

... Standard equipment is also pretty minsicule in comparison to the actual set of accessories he can get but I'm going to save that for another day when I'm feeling plenty of motivation to do all that work

Yeah, there's a lot more to standard equipment; though, they also appear game mechanics heavy.

DMUA said:
... Standard equipment is also pretty minsicule in comparison to the actual set of accessories he can get but I'm going to save that for another day when I'm feeling plenty of motivation to do all that work
The good thing is that I already made a CRT giving them every ability equipment can give them, so PA section doesn't need to be modified

A bit of a necro, but I've been playing through the game myself as of late and, what do we think of the lasers from the game? Do we treat as lightspeed or not?

I don't think there's like, any proof so

Isn't it actually the opposite that has to be true? In that the lasers don't have to be proven to be lightspeed as long as they follow the basic rules of laser and as such occam's razer can then be applied as long as they arent contradicted to be lasers in the first place?

Being they come from a scientific source (not always needed), move in a straight line, burn, deflect off shiny/reflective surfaces, and are told to be lasers or light speed. If they're called lasers on top of moving in a straight line and dont contradict the above (not reflecting or not moving in a straight line), they should be considered lasers, not everything has to be shown as long as none are proven false. Iirc most of the lasers come from scientific sources in Chrono too although I think a few explode so those specific lasers are out of the question, a few do burn instead and even qualify for shadow attribute, which is a stand-in for light in context.

I mean I'm just saying, the various lasers in the game should be looked at and see if any qualify, or rather, aren't not qualified.

No you have to prove its actually a laser

I dunno if Chrono Trigger's lasers don't find a way to screw themselves over but I don't really care much so h

That isn't much of a rebuttal DMUA. If it's called a laser then is potrayed as one for the most part, chances are, it's a laser. The only thing stopping it from being a laser is if it contradicts itself, as said above.

>but I don't really care much

But, you made the thread, while not the original intention obviously, I assumed this was a catch all Chrono thread given the various other things brought up, including a few speed feats.

Actually, fiction is full of lasers guns that are not even close to lightspeed. Example, pretty much every animated adaptation of comic book characters have laser guns that aren't really light speed. And the only reason they exist is because they're "less violent" than bullets.

Well yes clearly, but that's an assumption that has to be proven true. You cant just say that laser beam isnt actually a laser beam unless it contradicts itself being a laser. If it doesnt contradict itself being a laser but is stated to be one with no reason to assume it isnt, well, it's probably a laser. Though that may not be the case here, thus it should be looked into. It'd be nice support for the sub-rel feat if some of the lasers check out. Iirc they move in a straight line and are apart of the shadow attribute line, although as said I think some explode (but im pretty sure some burn instead).

Back