• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cinder Fall vs Esdeath

6 of them have been removed. 1 more is likely to get removed (When the fing upgrades go through)

I swear last time this thread was made before Esdeath got upgraded, it was determined that large amounts of heat from a character lets them get through Esdeath's timestop. This thread happened many months ago and i could be remembering it wrong, but is that still a thing?

I kinda have to question if that's really true or not. The one time it was resisted was by Tatsumi and he's highly resistant to ice.

RebubleUselet said:
I remember Astolfo vs Esdeath being removed as well, because it had something to do with his Magic Resistance.
Oh yeah, in that match people thought Astolfo resists time stop that was later proved to be wrong (thx to me :D, actually thx to Repp and Prom) so the match was removed.

As gargoyle said Tatsumi resisted her time stop after he adapted to her ice.

Anyway, I vote for Esdeath who is likely to use time stop for win here sooner or later.

Considering Esdeath's Time Stop islquite literally her freezing time with her ice powers, yes, heat would absolutely counter it

@Weekly I mean what kind of heat and how should it be used?

Like Natsu has shown to engulf his body in flames and to melt ice and some other feats of ice resistance so for him it's easy, but how does Cinder fall(Arrow girl) use her flames and does she have any feats where she interacts with ice and similar?

By same logic Akainu who becomes lava/magma and Ace who becomes fire should resist, but i don't know for "simple" fire users.

The scaling for RWBY is pretty weird. So Cinder is 7-B for fighting Glynda and Glynda is 7-B for fighting Cinder. This seems very odd.

@Knight Cinder is 7-B+ for having half the power of someone who is low-end 7-A, its even on her profile

@Weekly

Ah alright thanks. Was confused for a second. Wouldn't it be better to remove the things about matching Glynda and almost killing Ruby and just keeping the Fall Maiden part?

Esdeath via likely superior skill and timestop.

Cinder can use fire but Esdeath's power can resist tatsumis fire anyway and would be a NLF that cinder could negate mahapadma

So unless it is a truly immense heat like the sun, or some extreme cold resistance like absolute zero, I dont see mahapadma being negated.

WeeklyBattles said:
I'd like to point out that Mahapadma was negated by an afterimage at one point
I've read the manga back and forth and I have never seen that happen.

Unless you're referring to the non-canon filler in which it wasn't negated.

@Aizen Akame tricked Esdeath using Mahapadma and attacking an afterimage, so that by the time she realized that it wasnt the real Akame, Mahapadma had run out

Yeah Esdeath should take this via LordAizenSama's reasoning. She pretty much takes this due to Time Stop, Skill and experience, stamina and that's pretty much all.

Just saying, Cinder without even actively using her flames is able to melt stone just by touching it

Also, Esdeath needs to get past Cinder's Aura and forcefields before she gets a chance to kill her

Yang says otherwise.

Also its a moot point. Actually its really a weakness. Once she loses her aura her dura plummets and so will her ap.

How does Yang say otherwise?

Not really, RWBY characters are the same AP and duability without their aura, they just dont take lasting damage until their aura goes down

Back