• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Classroom of the Elite/Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e Discussion Thread

RoggerReggor

He/Him
yaAXUxr.png

Classroom of the Elite/Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e or COTE Discussion Thread

I forgot to tell, but I am secretly Ayanokouji but COTE discussion thread was already made but it happened to be a CRT and by Cloudyagami who's banned.

For starters, what's the opinion about Nanase's position in the combat scaling chain of the verse? And where does Fuuka go? Does this seem fine (my views have changed):

Ayanokouji > Shirou > Yuuki >= The professional fighters Ayanokouji fought at the age of 9 (they might scale higher than Yuuki) > Yagami >= Shiba >= Tsukishiro > Ichika > Koenji >= Housen > Manabu > Weakened Ichika (she's likely here) >> Nanase (Eiichiro Matsuo form) > Sudou >= Albert > Ryuuen >= Kitou > Base Nanase (yes) >= Nagumo > Ibuki >= Suzune

• Fuuka's scaling is a bit controversial, but I think placing her above Nanase's Eiichiro Matsuo form wouldn't be bad.
  • Koenji is above Housen because he was confident that he could defeat almost any fighter Ryuuen would send. Koenji's VSI is incredibly good and therefore his claims should be good to go. Housen is below him because he certainly couldn't beat Ryuuen and his gang when they resorted to dirty tricks. Koenji likely gets higher because he has lack of feats and statements.
  • In the novel, Nanase was on a match with Suzune and Ibuki and still was on par, so it might be that she's comparable to them, but seeing how she has good combat stamina and good statements, it doesn't hurt to place her above them. Her Eiichiro Matsuo form is above Sudou because she's said to have a physical ability multiplied and had a very nice stamina.
  • Weakened Ichika is above Nanase because Suzune herself said that Ichika should be able to get an advantage above Ibuki and her even while her injured state.
  • Manabu is above weakened Ichika because he has a good training which already puts him at nice levels. On top of that, he also has nice statements and he should be much stronger than Nagumo.

This is only AP and speed btw, do tell me your view too.

I think Fuuka should be higher than Nanase in her Eiichiro matsuo form, Mabye even equal to a weakened Ichika just because She was able to hold off Shiba

For starters, what's the opinion about Nanase's position in the combat scaling chain of the verse? And where does Fuuka go? Does this seem fine (my views have changed):

Ayanokouji > Shirou > Yuuki >= The professional fighters Ayanokouji fought at the age of 9 (they might scale higher than Yuuki) > Yagami >= Shiba >= Tsukishiro > Ichika > Koenji >= Housen > Manabu > Weakened Ichika (she's likely here) >> Nanase (Eiichiro Matsuo form) > Sudou >= Albert > Ryuuen >= Kitou > Base Nanase (yes) >= Nagumo > Ibuki >= Suzune

• Fuuka's scaling is a bit controversial, but I think placing her above Nanase's Eiichiro Matsuo form wouldn't be bad.
  • Koenji is above Housen because he was confident that he could defeat almost any fighter Ryuuen would send. Koenji's VSI is incredibly good and therefore his claims should be good to go. Housen is below him because he certainly couldn't beat Ryuuen and his gang when they resorted to dirty tricks. Koenji likely gets higher because he has lack of feats and statements.
  • In the novel, Nanase was on a match with Suzune and Ibuki and still was on par, so it might be that she's comparable to them, but seeing how she has good combat stamina and good statements, it doesn't hurt to place her above them. Her Eiichiro Matsuo form is above Sudou because she's said to have a physical ability multiplied and had a very nice stamina.
  • Weakened Ichika is above Nanase because Suzune herself said that Ichika should be able to get an advantage above Ibuki and her even while her injured state.
  • Manabu is above weakened Ichika because he has a good training which already puts him at nice levels. On top of that, he also has nice statements and he should be much stronger than Nagumo.

This is only AP and speed btw, do tell me your view too.
Looks good. But Sudou should be below Albert. I remember him getting overpowered by Albert in Y1V5 in the pole event.

Looks good. But Sudou should be below Albert. I remember him getting overpowered by Albert in Y1V5 in the pole event.
Sudo should be below Albert considering Kiyos punches didnt do much damage and had to target his weak points (throat). Alberts punches was also doing damage to him.

And he was even getting overpowered in the pole event you're right.

While we're on the topic of Albert's strength, I have a question about it. Why does Ayano's 8kj fall only count as a dura feat?
Ayano survived the fall = 8kj
Albert can damage Ayano making him comparable to 8kj.
Albert < Hosen <<<< Shiba < Tsukishiro < Yagami << Ayanokoji.
So his AP should be 8kj. The fall should count as an AP feat as well.

Did any of his punches even touch Kiyotaka? 💀

Umm did we read the same volume? He got hit intentionally, he could dodge it if he wanted to but let himself get hit. He then after stated he couldn't take on more, which is why I think Albert ranks above Sudo tbh.

Right after that Kiyotaka says his punch (that he did not hold back on), did minimal damage to Albert hence why he had to use weak points.

Your list is accurate though I agree with everything, but Albert has to be higher than Sudo

While we're on the topic of Albert's strength, I have a question about it. Why does Ayano's 8kj fall only count as a dura feat?
Agree, Alberts feats that volume doesn't fet talked about too much. His raw strength and dura

No, actually not.

We shouldn't take Ayanokouji getting damaged as seriously as we are doing. The scans say that Ayanokouji said he couldn't take many more hits of that caliber, not anything like he couldn't take even one more. Albert being strong here just implies that he's actually strong. You can hit a lion with a pretty strong punch, and it would of course feel it, despite the lion having street level durability with 1000s of joules and your punch not being even street level.

Umm did we read the same volume? He got hit intentionally, he could dodge it if he wanted to but let himself get hit. He then after stated he couldn't take on more, which is why I think Albert ranks above Sudo tbh.

Right after that Kiyotaka says his punch (that he did not hold back on), did minimal damage to Albert hence why he had to use weak points.

Your list is accurate though I agree with everything, but Albert has to be higher than Sudo

I agree that Albert is better than Sudou. (y)

Should we give COTE a concept like "Muscle Mass Durability" or smth like that?
Of course, I will make a CRT for that but I need more scans.

By the way, through that concept, I mean just look how the characters with muscle mass are said to be very durable, for e.g., Albert could take full-power hits from Ayanokouji and Albert was still standing. Muscle mass is somehow highly showed and focused on in the novel. I currently have two scans for that:

Year 1 Volume 7 (Ayanokouji vs Albert):
xbFVN5j.png

Volume 0 (Ayanokouji vs 6 victims):
FiE3qW3.png

Consequently, the characters like Albert and the 6 fighters would have very high durability.
On their profiles, we shall mention "[Durability] with muscle mass" though.

So, Muscle Mass Durability is basically:
Extraordinary Durability (Characters with higher muscle mass posses unconventionally higher durability.)
Limited Resistance to Pain (Can shrug off attacks from characters with less muscle mass.)
Limited Recoil Damage (Ayanokoji punching Albert resulted in him damaging his hand. Attacking someone with a higher muscle mass will result in taking recoil damage.)

Weakness: Pressure Points, Dura neg

So, Muscle Mass Durability is basically:
Extraordinary Durability (Characters with higher muscle mass posses unconventionally higher durability.)
Limited Resistance to Pain (Can shrug off attacks from characters with less muscle mass.)
Limited Recoil Damage (Ayanokoji punching Albert resulted in him damaging his hand. Attacking someone with a higher muscle mass will result in taking recoil damage.)

Weakness: Pressure Points, Dura neg
Would say Limited Resistance to Pain shouldn't work if we are already classifying it as durability. If we already keep it as durability, then I am pretty sure that endurance wouldn't get chance.
Recoil Damage is inapplicable. Ayanokouji saying that is just a thing said by people who never read novels. Ayanokouji just felt that his hits were shallow and felt a sturdy, nothing like he got his hands damaged.

Back