• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Close-Range Tourney Match 1: Yor Briar vs Riptor

Attack Potency:
1.87x AP difference in Riptor's favor

Lifting Strength:
6.94x - 4.17x LS difference in Riptor's favor

So the Robo-Dino's got Yor beat in physicals. As for haxes-

Yor:
  • Pressure Points
  • Poisoned Needles (Strong enough to kill an elephant, although that specific line is Anime Only so idk if it is canon)
  • Instinctive Reaction
Riptor:
  • Fire Breath
  • Either Disease or Plasma Manipulation (Teeth and claws are laced with "either teeming with microbes, able to cause infections similar to flesh-eating bacteria with the slightest scratch, or made of focused plasma that burn through the skin of her victim.")
  • Hypnosis (Via directly looking into her gaze)
Both have Acrobatics and Stealth Mastery, and while Riptor has enhanced smell, Yor doesn't carry a scent. (Although she often does have the smell of blood on her, which Riptor can smell for miles. This is "In-Character", but I have no idea what that means for the exact confrontation situation)

Last edited:
Any who here's my take on this-

Riptor holds a pretty sizable advantage over Yor in terms of physicals.

Both have edged weaponry that could serious mess the other up after a couple cuts.

If Yor can guess the pressure points on a cow, chances are she can guess the pressure points on a dinosaur.

If Yor gets close then it goes to Riptor, because I don't think Yor can do anything against being set on fire, and Riptor uses fire breath in a lot of her attacks.

However, Yor could also just throw her needles at Riptor from well out of the dino's range.

Last edited:
One thing for sure, Yor outskill Riptor here
And he also need to avoiding the poison on Yor's weapon, sure he has a very powerful flames but she can just dodge it with her IR

Pressure Points
If Yor can guess the pressure points on a cow, chances are she can guess the pressure points on a dinosaur.
I wouldn't be so sure about this, knowing the pressure points of extant animals doesn't mean she automatically knows or is able to devise those of a creature she's never seen before, especially if it's a hybrid with cybernetic parts. For example, Riptor's spine is completely mechanic, and we see throughout her body various other pieces of tech, meaning that her physiology isn't simply unknown to Yor in the first place, but hides more meets the eye.
Regardless, I believe Yor is smart enough to not try to pressure point something like Riptor, knowing she could fail and pay the price.

One thing for sure, Yor outskill Riptor here
And he also need to avoiding the poison on Yor's weapon, sure he has a very powerful flames but she can just dodge it with her IR
I don't think Yor really outskills. Riptor is far from stupid, despite looking and behavior like a dinosaur, she's got human-like intelligence, and is noted to be the most capable of all her sisters, and recurrently establishes herself as the leader when particularly noteworthy stalkers challenge her role as head of the pack.
Riptor is among Ultratech's top cadres, which include the main Fulgore and Cinder, and her role as a member of the alliance, means she's fought clones of basically every KI character and other creatures such as Omens.
Riptor's first achievement was defeating a group of Fulgores while her pack was outnumbered, and while they didn't possess the same skill, all those Fulgores had the same weapons and tools as the main one.
Riptor's fighting style is also precisely constructed, she doesn't mindlessly assaults the opponent, but carefully bides her time and waits for the right moment to strike. She is also prone to hit-and-run strategies,

Riptor is also an unconventional opponent to Yor, who has never fought this kind of enemy, while Riptor battles anthropomorphic beings all the time.
Yor might also be deceived by Riptor's appearance and behavior, not expecting her to be much more intelligence than she looks like, or even to breath flames.
Yor's IR and ES are extremely good, but I wouldn't say she can just dance around Riptor's attacks.

I also wouldn't underestimate Riptor's "Rage", which is a decent speed boost and gives her tail even higher range.

I wouldn't be so sure about this, knowing the pressure points of extant animals doesn't mean she automatically knows or is able to devise those of a creature she's never seen before, especially if it's a hybrid with cybernetic parts. For example, Riptor's spine is completely mechanic, and we see throughout her body various other pieces of tech, meaning that her physiology isn't simply unknown to Yor in the first place, but hides more meets the eye.
Regardless, I believe Yor is smart enough to not try to pressure point something like Riptor, knowing she could fail and pay the price.

I don't think Yor really outskills. Riptor is far from stupid, despite looking and behavior like a dinosaur, she's got human-like intelligence, and is noted to be the most capable of all her sisters, and recurrently establishes herself as the leader when particularly noteworthy stalkers challenge her role as head of the pack.
Riptor is among Ultratech's top cadres, which include the main Fulgore and Cinder, and her role as a member of the alliance, means she's fought clones of basically every KI character and other creatures such as Omens.
Riptor's first achievement was defeating a group of Fulgores while her pack was outnumbered, and while they didn't possess the same skill, all those Fulgores had the same weapons and tools as the main one.
Riptor's fighting style is also precisely constructed, she doesn't mindlessly assaults the opponent, but carefully bides her time and waits for the right moment to strike. She is also prone to hit-and-run strategies,

Riptor is also an unconventional opponent to Yor, who has never fought this kind of enemy, while Riptor battles anthropomorphic beings all the time.
Yor might also be deceived by Riptor's appearance and behavior, not expecting her to be much more intelligence than she looks like, or even to breath flames.
Yor's IR and ES are extremely good, but I wouldn't say she can just dance around Riptor's attacks.

I also wouldn't underestimate Riptor's "Rage", which is a decent speed boost and gives her tail even higher range.
Due to this, Riptor FRA

Well i mean Riptor is still part of flesh so pressure point are still gonna be dangerous, and poison as well
So i guess they are comparable each others, if not Riptor has the slightly advantage here
I mean same can be said for Yor as well
Yeah but she's not stupid/slouch in combat, once she know what Riptor is she would do what the best take her down
Thats true, but you need to remember that Yor has afterimage creation as well, she can trick her if one of the flames hit her

Well i mean Riptor is still part of flesh so pressure point are still gonna be dangerous, and poison as well
The poison most likely yes, but pressure points differen greatly from a creature to another. Yor can guess, but she very well fail and I doubt she'd expose herself to such a rysk knowing the possibilities of success are low.

So i guess they are comparable each others, if not Riptor has the slightly advantage here
Yes, I'd give Riptor a slight advantage out of sheer habit.

I mean same can be said for Yor as well
Totally, I wasn't questioning it, but just saying Riptor's apparent wild behavior is instead well-planned.

Yeah but she's not stupid/slouch in combat, once she know what Riptor is she would do what the best take her down
I agree with this too, she'd just have to struggle more than she's used to.

Thats true, but you need to remember that Yor has afterimage creation as well, she can trick her if one of the flames hit her
They might serve as a brief distraction, but from the scan given, they don't really work like, for example, Goku and Master Roshi circling around you.

How likely would it be for Yor to be hypnotized? I see a scenario where both stare and study each other in order to figure out the best moment to strike. Unfortunately, if Yor gazes into Riptor's eyes, she falls for the hypnosis.
I don't know her very well, so I was just imagining the scene inspired by both being calculating assassins.

Another thing worth mentioning is that Riptor likes to pounce on the opponent and pin them down, with techniques such as Talon Rake or her first throw. Given the strength difference, Yor would be doomed if this were to happen.

Another thing worth mentioning is that Riptor likes to pounce on the opponent and pin them down, with techniques such as Talon Rake or her first throw. Given the strength difference, Yor would be doomed if this were to happen.
Something about this sentence weirds me out and I don't know why
How likely would it be for Yor to be hypnotized? I see a scenario where both stare and study each other in order to figure out the best moment to strike. Unfortunately, if Yor gazes into Riptor's eyes, she falls for the hypnosis.
I don't know her very well, so I was just imagining the scene inspired by both being calculating assassins.
How long does Yor need to be looking at Riptors eyes to be hypnotized?

Last edited:
No, all of her fights were either gameplay or off screen, and when the battles with other characters occurred, it was a situation of general chaos.

I believe Yor is considerably more skilled even taking in consideration that Riptor isn't brainless, and that's more so because her own skill feats (and the ones from people above who she scale) seems more impressive, though is true that the fact that she facing something like a dinosaur could throw her out a bit. The biggest problem is likely the hypnosis through eye contact since she don't have a way to counter that or know about it (yes her istincts help her against danger but don't know if they could tell her about something like don't make eye contact or else she would get brainwashed).

I imagine a scenario where Yor instantly stabs Riptor with her poison and Yor accidently looks into Riptor's eyes. Then, Riptor severely burns Yor before falling down. And both of them slowly die due to severe injuries.

Yeah, depending on how Hypnosis would take here, it's either incon or Riptor subdue Yor with hypnosis
But then again Yor being an agile fighter with IR and can created an afterimage, i think the possibility of Yor looking at Riptor eyes might be low

Yeah, depending on how Hypnosis would take here, it's either incon or Riptor subdue Yor with hypnosis
But then again Yor being an agile fighter with IR and can created an afterimage, i think the possibility of Yor looking at Riptor eyes might be low
The problem is that the time needed for Riptor's Hypnosis to work is unknown.

It's something Ultratech installed into the stalkers (Riptor's kind) to let them catch their preys more easily and the instruction manual (of the stalkers themselves in-verse) says to never look into their eyes when feeding them, otherwise you'll be their meal instead.
I doubt it's gonna more than a few moments, but I can't confirm that.

It's unlikely to happen during the mids of the action, but I don't see it so unlikely if Yor decides to take a moment and study Riptor.
Riptor does that as well, especially when entering predator mode, which mimics what many animals do in real life.

Besides, that's not Riptor's only wincon, and if she deems the battle too tough, she can call an airstrike on Yor, with the only flaw being that it takes an hour to come in, but Riptor's stamina comes exactly from that, and she's prone to bide time and do hit-and-run (see her Primal and Survival runs).

I believe Yor is considerably more skilled even taking in consideration that Riptor isn't brainless, and that's more so because her own skill feats (and the ones from people above who she scale) seems more impressive, though is true that the fact that she facing something like a dinosaur could throw her out a bit.
I'd say doing a skill comparison doesn't really work, as both are extremely good and experienced in what they do, but in different ways. Yor surely has the skills and smarts to keep up, she's just no used to this opponent.

Considering the poison can killed an elephant in instant (or so? Correct me), i think it could
Iirc the episode only said it can kill an elephant, without specifiying the time, but the original video has been taken down and I can't find another.

1. Is Riptor's Disease/Plasma Manipulation a one-shot move?
No, but the former would infect Yor's wounds and worsen them overtime, while the latter would let Riptor slice clean to her body with every scratch and light her clothes on fire.

Just in case, Riptor's optional equipment is restricted, right?
OE is always restricted unless op says so.

Iirc the episode only said it can kill an elephant, without specifiying the time, but the original video has been taken down and I can't find another.
Sponsor mode: Well, how about the time to check out Spy x Family in Muse Indonesia channel? They have all the episodes but dubbed in Indonesian
No, but the former would infect Yor's wounds and worsen them overtime, while the latter would let Riptor slice clean to her body with every scratch and light her clothes on fire.
Disease is fair considering Yor only resisted poison
OE is always restricted unless op says so.
Okay, good to know

Btw i'm not going to be around for a few days or so, so i hope someone can change my spot for debating with Yor until i'm back

Idk man as I said before to me it seems more plausible that Riptor wins this as apparently Yor "poison that could kill elephants" line is anime only

So I vote Riptor I guess

Back