• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

Deathwing laughed a deep laugh again despite the magma pouring from his neck "Now I understand... mere mortal filth are strong in their will..." he spoke, shaking Palaria a little with his words, even when losing badly, he was learning... and then he stopped moving. Dead, for the time being.

Deathwing laughed a deep laugh again despite the magma pouring from his neck "Now I understand... mere mortal filth are strong in their will..." he spoke, shaking Palaria a little with his words, even when losing badly, he was learning... and then he stopped moving. Dead, for the time being.
Ensuring this dragon can't speak much longer, Lewis covered it in a freezing cold net— his Packets— one just modified to fit such a humongous specimen. All of this, before having the puppets send it up in the air and be transported by a large vessel, bigger than the current caravan.
"This is it... It's done..." Voyant broadcasted into the minds of everyone. Cheers and applause could be heard from the gangsters, happy that their long war has finally come to an end.
"I did tell you about our deal, right?" mentioned one of said puppets nearby the leader, bearing no face or any design, just a black amorphous humanoid with tinges of lime.

It pointed to a location currently housing the rest— thrones and the other Roadrunners— not sparing any glance from Voyant.

"...is it?" Palaria asked out loud, seemingly... skeptical. but she shook it off, she didn't have the strength left to shout a cheer or anything, only to just... sit down, breathing heavily next to Sofia

"My mission here was to fetch my group— Thrones— and try to check up on their progress to see if they're improving, via the words of my boss, Efrain."

One would blare it out, mentioning anyone within the vicinity, with Dene raising an eyebrow before checking his pockets. His Gameboy was still there— yippee!

"It just so happened that I met this pulchritudinous gal who told me about that situation. Which led me to making a deal of fighting the dragon for the sake of you freeing my team, now including the ones you've imprisoned as well..."

Staring at the volcano, unfazed, his eyes went down to his hand, the creases and the slight bumps.

"It's either that, or the rest of you be expedited to the other side..."

❝I wanna ask to break Voyant's neck for what he did to me before this mission.❞ A joke. Probably. ❝But I owe a few things to my former employers, we'll just let that slide. Instead, I take it that there'll be no complaints about taking Palaria with us. And Jackie? Don't think he's ever got a lot of enthusiasm about being in the RR.❞

"Alright, go ahead. Take them" the leader said.
"You figure we should just go and kill them?" asked Dene, glancing back at the others and running to them.
❝I wanna ask to break Voyant's neck for what he did to me before this mission.❞ A joke. Probably. ❝But I owe a few things to my former employers, we'll just let that slide. Instead, I take it that there'll be no complaints about taking Palaria with us. And Jackie? Don't think he's ever got a lot of enthusiasm about being in the RR.❞
Seeing how far away the boy was, Lewis opted to moving then by the caravan, hers and many included towards Rooster-Head's location.

"Oi! Posh-f*cker! You got any list of people to kill? Pretty sure this is his signal for us to go ham..." harsh as he talked, the barrels upon cartridges of pure freedom parted away with the air as it reverted to just a singular crystal flower.

"You figure we should just go and kill them?" asked Dene, glancing back at the others and running to them.

Seeing how far away the boy was, Lewis opted to moving then by the caravan, hers and many included towards Rooster-Head's location.

"Oi! Posh-f*cker! You got any list of people to kill? Pretty sure this is his signal for us to go ham..." harsh as he talked, the barrels upon cartridges of pure freedom parted away with the air as it reverted to just a singular crystal flower.
❝Posh-f.....?
Well regardless. The dragon was the top name of it for years. Now that he's finally gone, I don't care anymore. But if you still want to kill anyone here, do me a favor and start with Voyant.

Belladonna still had a headache from all of this and felt like her body could give in again if she tried thinking too much about anything right now.

❝Posh-f.....?
Well regardless. The dragon was the top name of it for years. Now that he's finally gone, I don't care anymore. But if you still want to kill anyone here, do me a favor and start with Voyant.

Belladonna still had a headache from all of this and felt like her body could give in again if she tried thinking too much about anything right now.
"I mean, anyone you wanna spare? Well, aside from us, since you're on our side... I think?"

❝But I owe a few things to my former employers, we'll just let that slide. Instead, I take it that there'll be no complaints about taking Palaria with us. And Jackie? Don't think he's ever got a lot of enthusiasm about being in the RR.❞
"That won't affect anything in the future. They can go" Voyant "said", the leader agreeing to it.
"Palaria, Jackie, you're both free to leave" he said.

"We'll be leaving"

During this commotion, Caleb noticed a black cat rubbing its body on his leg, a note in her mouth

"That won't affect anything in the future. They can go" Voyant "said", the leader agreeing to it.

"We'll be leaving"

During this commotion, Caleb noticed a black cat rubbing its body on his leg, a note in her mouth
"...huh...?" Palaria asked, turning her head over in confusion, blinking her shining green eyes a few times

"I mean, anyone you wanna spare? Well, aside from us, since you're on our side... I think?"
❝Like I said, it's a good idea to take Palaria and Jackie with us. And yes, I have been on your side from the start, we're just making it official now.❞ Should have been more of a surprise but plans and huge dragons that show up uninvited don't always go the way you wanted. ❝About the rest, you should ask our mutual superior officer.❞ She gets in one of the caravans Lewis had ready for them. ❝Will look forward to working with you Thrones from now on.❞

This was anything but a relief to them after all the went through. But they braved it. Leaning down, petting the kitten before taking the note from its mouth.
The note read:

"I'll be going back. Will you do the same, or will you stick around these folks a bit? If you choose the former, I'll be waiting outside the volcano by this cool rock structure" ~Hunters

The cat disappeared into a puff of fur, leaving Caleb on his own.

"...huh...?" Palaria asked, turning her head over in confusion, blinking her shining green eyes a few times
The note read:

"I'll be going back. Will you do the same, or will you stick around these folks a bit? If you choose the former, I'll be waiting outside the volcano by this cool rock structure" ~Hunters

(Paw poke)

❝What are you waiting for, girl? You earned your freedom more than anyone else here.❞ Belle waves a hand from the caravan. Seems she's also exhausted, and making an effort to not lose consciousness. What she wouldn't do for a mug of coffee right now. ❝Just hop in. Come with us. Don't know what else the road's gonna have in store for us, but no more dragon at least.❞

If the rest of people are wondering where Noah was, she was near the lava, she probably heard everything but she was doing something....
"Well, I guess this'll be farewell~" Marcy greeted, standing by where Noah was. Darren was also standing nearby to watch over her.

"Seems like that scientist lady isn't vouching for us so I guess we'll stick to the wasteland. We'll see what we can do"

❝Like I said, it's a good idea to take Palaria and Jackie with us. And yes, I have been on your side from the start, we're just making it official now.❞ Should have been more of a surprise but plans and huge dragons that show up uninvited don't always go the way you wanted. ❝About the rest, you should ask our mutual superior officer.❞ She gets in one of the caravans Lewis had ready for them. ❝Will look forward to working with you Thrones from now on.❞
If the rest of people are wondering where Noah was, she was near the lava, she probably heard everything but she was doing something....
Dene, who had received the quote-on-quote signal from Belle, of whatever the sh*t she said. Not listening. He approached the monster of his dreams, or maybe nightmares.

"Yo, babe! How's you shaping up?"

Hopping down to greet her, "We should get going, y'know? Boss over there is about to commit the "cleaning" duty, iykyk..."

"We'll be leaving"
Right. Leaving. If there's anything to pick up stuff, it's that words always have a double meaning.

The giant golems weren't leaving and so were the armies of puppets to his disposal. Seeing how most must have exhausted their Contraband, usage of puppets of this magnitude wasn't exactly draining at his life— lest he was using something that is day's old.

Dwelling on that thought only placed his concerns for what these humans are about to do. Wreck havoc? Kill? He knows not what they're doing, but a simple trick should do.

As they left, green gas would spread and cause corruption on surrounding insects, flailing before meeting their maker.

Like a smog blending in with the sand, the wind only carried death towards them.

❝What are you waiting for, girl? You earned your freedom more than anyone else here.❞ Belle waves a hand from the caravan. Seems she's also exhausted, and making an effort to not lose consciousness. What she wouldn't do for a mug of coffee right now. ❝Just hop in. Come with us. Don't know what else the road's gonna have in store for us, but no more dragon at least.❞
"...Okay, Belle." Palaria said, getting to her feet moving gingerly to her, crawling onto the caravan with her spindly malnourished body bending quite well to get up onto it... well, if she was bad at climbing, she wouldn't have survived NEARLY as long as she has.

"Well, I guess this'll be farewell~" Marcy greeted, standing by where Noah was. Darren was also standing nearby to watch over her.

"Seems like that scientist lady isn't vouching for us so I guess we'll stick to the wasteland. We'll see what we can do"
"I guess so, which leaves me to deal with her in case she decides to do an autopsy" she told Marcy.

"Good luck to not getting killed
Dene, who had received the quote-on-quote signal from Belle, of whatever the sh*t she said. Not listening. He approached the monster of his dreams, or maybe nightmares.

"Yo, babe! How's you shaping up?"

Hopping down to greet her, "We should get going, y'know? Boss over there is about to commit the "cleaning" duty, iykyk..."
"Oh, calm down Baby, I'm just getting some extra energy, in case some other shit comes at us on the way," she said this to prove her theory.

Noah had the combined mind of severals of teachers and scientists so she could overthink and perform the calculations necessary for this.

It was something she's been working on for a while.

Static electricity is a surface phenomenon that is generated when two or more bodies come into contact and separate again. This action results in a separation or transfer of negative electrons from one atom to another.

But there was one thing, we were on a volcano, inside a volcano there was a possibility of Volcanic lightning

Volcanic lightning is an electrical discharge caused by a volcanic eruption rather than from an ordinary thunderstorm. Volcanic lightning arises from colliding, fragmenting particles of volcanic ash (and sometimes ice), which generate static electricity within the volcanic plume, leading to the name dirty thunderstorm.

Triboelectric (friction) charging within a volcano's column during an eruption is believed to be an important electrical charging mechanism. Electrical charges are generated when rock fragments and ash in a volcanic column collide and produce static charges. The convective activity that causes the plume to rise separates the different charge regions and ultimately causes electrical breakdown.

However, being on a completely shaken volcano and Deathwing's attacks indirectly generated the effects of a concentrated eruption, mean one thing....

Lightning covered Noah's entire body for moments, surpassing her previous power levels, tripled at once, and storing that energy for later.

"Let's go, I can't wait to take a bath." She says while follow Dene

The giant golems weren't leaving and so were the armies of puppets to his disposal. Seeing how most must have exhausted their Contraband, usage of puppets of this magnitude wasn't exactly draining at his life— lest he was using something that is day's old.

Dwelling on that thought only placed his concerns for what these humans are about to do. Wreck havoc? Kill? He knows not what they're doing, but a simple trick should do.

As they left, green gas would spread and cause corruption on surrounding insects, flailing before meeting their maker.

Like a smog blending in with the sand, the wind only carried death towards them.
(WAIT WHAT THE F*CK!? BACK WHAT THE F*CK!? YOU DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THIS)

(WAIT WHAT THE F*CK!? BACK WHAT THE F*CK!? YOU DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THIS)

The note read:

"I can't keep having this back and forth can I..? They'll start to get suspicious of me.. Hmm, I've got something of a surprise for your Hunters..."
They slid the note into a pant pocket

(@Backbackback, I literally thought what Dene said was just him making stuff up out of anger, I didn't think you were actually gonna do it. Seriously, can you even bother to tell us when you're gonna do something like this?!)

"Well, you were right. Voidmaker, do the thing" the leader said, the gangsters quickly vanishing from the site.

"Well, you were right. Voidmaker, do the thing" the leader said, the gangsters quickly vanishing from the site.
Most gangsters would be caught way faster than they could even vanish, the poison following them as they vanished— presumably because of the same space they occupy is the same spot the toxic gas was on.

Most gangsters would be caught way faster than they could even vanish, the poison following them as they vanished— presumably because of the same space they occupy is the same spot the toxic gas was on.
Some of the gangsters too close to the poison were left for safekeeping which Voyant had predicted. Overall there were little casualties due to the this prediction and Voidmaker's precision

(@Backbackback F*CKING HELL, LET ME HAVE THIS! WHY ARE YOU SO HELLBENT IN MAKING SURE EVERYONE DIES?! WHAT IS F*CKING WRONG WITH YOU?!)

(@Backbackback F*CKING HELL, LET ME HAVE THIS! WHY ARE YOU SO HELLBENT IN MAKING SURE EVERYONE DIES?! WHAT IS F*CKING WRONG WITH YOU?!)
(Everything.)

Some of the gangsters too close to the poison were left for safekeeping which Voyant had predicted. Overall there were little casualties due to the this prediction and Voidmaker's precision
They did escape, with Lewis having done his part. Though he did his job pretty halfway, there won't be a next time they meet again.

Palaria sighed, while she wasn't one to care if the Roadrunners lived or died-- as far as she was concerned they were almost as bad as Deathwing was with how they treated people... at least Deathwing was very up front about his intentions... but it was still a slaughter. She looked to Belle, her eyes a little conflicted.

Palaria sighed, while she wasn't one to care if the Roadrunners lived or died-- as far as she was concerned they were almost as bad as Deathwing was with how they treated people... at least Deathwing was very up front about his intentions... but it was still a slaughter. She looked to Belle, her eyes a little conflicted.
Belle had almost fallen asleep. Realizing that Palaria and Jackie had made it to the caravan in safety, she glances at the events unfolding on the outside.
The researcher didn't really give a damn about whether or not the rest of the RR would survive. Not when this circumstance was fault of their own making.

❝If it were up to me, I'd rather put what hands mankind has left to good use, same way they had forced you us to.❞ And slaughter has never been good PR. ❝But I have no say in the decisions of Henosis, I'm afraid. If their ruling is that a purge is necessary, there's nothing that we stand to gain from opposing it. Try getting some rest, ok?❞ Besides that, rest of the Thrones didn't seem to like them either. If they wanted a shot at revenge, this was the only chance they had to take it.

Last edited:
Back