• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
No, it's being used as a flashlight

Not the attack that we have spent literally the entire thread discussing.

Whether it's used for empathic manipulation, powernull, energy manipulation, or light manipulation, it's the Care Bear Stare all the same.

But it doesn't do all of that at the same time, correct?

If Tenderheart doesn't hit Cole with the powernull right off the bat, then he's basically screwed.

Given the speed gap and the sheer agility of the beams, Cole is likely to get hit even with the distance. But unless his powers get shut down from the get go, Cole can either tank or resist the effects of the beam, and then he responds with Precision to boost his speed and lessen the gap and then spams AoE explosions and arcing electricity to obliterate the area in from of him. And given Cole's insane scaling chain, he likely one shots.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Also contrary to what the story would imply, Tenderheart doesn't have prior knowledge, so the effect it has would be determined by what's making Cole want to harm people. Is it just because he's inherently angry? Then the CBS would likely inflict empathic manip. Is he being corrupted by something? Then it would nullify whatever's corrupting him. They never go into a fight with the intention of harming the opponent unless they're just always inherently evil like No Heart, so it's more likely the CBS will either pacify him or nullify him, depending on the cause of his violent behavior.
If it's the former (Which I think it is) then Cole resists, spams electricity and while it isn't one shot worthy, Cole's electricity will paralyze.

He can't exactly tank it since it ignores durability against evil people. If the first shot doesn't have the desired effect of stopping him from being an asshole, Tenderheart being one of the more intelligent Bears as the leader is unlikely to try the same thing twice. He can dodge the bolts of lightning or even negate them as the CBS has actually countered lightning before.

I assume you mean "Countered or resisted?" in which case, you know how in Dragon Ball sometimes someone will fire off an energy blast so someone else fires their energy blast at that energy blast and both of them just kinda cancel each other out? Something like that.

I kinda assumed the Beam avoided obstructions instead of going straight, but if this is true Cole having the AP advantage helps massively with that given his scaling chain.

There's the CBS where it's a straight beam like a Kamehameha, that one goes in a straight line and that's the kind that ends up in beam struggles. Then there's the homing attack CBS which is the one that avoids obstructions.

So the first gets overpowered, the second one which gets hit with AP again, and the homing attack which screws Cole, so 1/3.

Hmm....

I only mentioned two though

Arrogant Schmuck said:
There's the CBS where it's a straight beam like a Kamehameha, that one goes in a straight line and that's the kind that ends up in beam struggles.
One

Then there's the homing attack CBS which is the one that avoids obstructions.

Two

You phrased it as three but anyway

One has a Beam that ignores Dura and the initial speed advantage and the other has literally everything else in his favor.

Like do they just punch through evil people regardless of how tough they are or do they have some fancy "any evil that touches this beam gets turned to dust" thing going on?

The first one. No Heart for example can overpower multiple Care Bears/Cousins with ease in a fight where the Bears couldn't rely on the CBS but once he lost the amulet which protects him from the CBS it was quite a different story.

Okay so the way I see it, this match can go either 2 ways:

1. Tenderheart aims for the head and Cole is insta-killed

2. Tenderheart aims for any other part of Cole's body, Cole survives or regenerates, sees that his target is seriously powerful, and proceeds to carpet bomb the area as aforementioned

Yeah, I'm thinking incon

Didn't you say it's a toss up whether or not they'll use it right off the bat?

And again, unless Cole's killed or power nulled in the first hit, he's gonna do everything in his power to light the place up. When the Beast was draining away his powers, Cole threw everything he had at him. When he sees this small little bear blow a hole in his chest, he's not gonna let it get another chance. Even good Cole regularly goes for the kill, and evil Cole is that but x5.

Here's the thing that just occurred to me. You say Cole's going to go AoE if the first shot doesn't put him down. I admittedly thought to myself "Well I may be fukt here" but then I realized, if Tenderheart's still 4 km away at this point in the fight-- which he would be since there's no need for him to get any closer-- then especially with that 4x speed gap he has more than enough leeway to get out of the range of said AoE. Assuming of course that this AoE is several kilometers of AoE. You're all acting like Tenderheart has enough time to get in one attempt and one attempt only, but even if Cole slows down his perception with Precision Mode, he still has to cross 4 km and a 4x speed gap I'd say means Tenderheart is still faster to a decent degree. Like you said, Precision Mode makes people as fast as Cole seem like they're moving in slow motion, and he can only use it for so long.

But then I can see someone saying "Cole doesn't need to cross that distance since he has AoE" and to that I say then why does Precision Mode help? It's not Time Manipulation, so Tenderheart himself isn't getting slower, and Cole's attacks are still slower than Tenderheart so he can just simply run out of range to avoid them. Meanwhile he can just keep peppering Cole with homing attacks from afar, and none of the Bears are really the type to try that didn't work once again. Sooner than later he's going to use powernull.

Do these homing AoE attacks start off having kilometers of diameter or are they projectiles that explode and at that point have kilometers of AoE? Because somehow I find it hard to believe that in InFAMOUS, from which all the villains I've seen are human-sized, you can actually throw heat-seeking spirit bombs.

Well Precision Mode helps because it amps not only his reaction and movement speed (it makes everything around him seem slower and helps him move faster) but it also boosts his attack speed. Precision Bolts move way faster than his normal attacks, and have way better range on top of allowing Cole to zoom in on targets. It should also be noted that precision bolts are >> his normal bolts since they can punch through armor that usually reflects his electrical attacks.

Sure, it's not time manipulation, but it's really good stat amplification that boosts his speed to a major extent and his AP as well. Add that with the fact that sadistic strike, which causes a critical hit electrical explosion with every headshot, and it makes it even deadlier.

He also has his passive radar, which can keep track of teleporters and speedsters that are moving too fast for his eyes to keep track off, which'll help a lot in this fight.

Most of grenades and rockets either split up upon contact with the ground or are surrounded by a cluster of mini grenades (which spread out horizontally from the main rockets the further it travels). They both have crazy amounts of spread. Meaning that Cole only has to throw a couple in front of him in order to cover his surrounding area in electrical ticking time bombs. This give him greater control over the battlefield and can limit where and how Tenderheart can move. His rockets also have insane range in how far they can travel.

There's also the fact that he can release an omni directional electrical blast, should the worst come to worse.

And about his energy pool, it's true that Precision can drain it pretty fast, but Evil Cole has an energy pool that's larger than his good counterpart, and he can drain energy while fighting/hiding behind his shield. And there's always Karmic Overload, which grants him unlimited energy for a short period, and when it ends, it'll still leave him with a full energy pool.

Schnee One said:
The latter
Right. So Tenderheart can either just keep moving or cancel out these homing projectiles with ones of his own.

Hell, with that gap even if Cole's attacks are homing Tenderheart can afford to actually stop, stand still, fire Stares off, then keep running and still be in relatively low risk of being hit by these attacks. He can also create a cloud car from his belly-- a process which takes a few seconds max-- so he can take to the skies should the situation call for it.

If Tender keeps running he will also be out of his own range. Also, overpowering Cole's blasts will be more difficult then expected, same reason I brought up earlier.

After watching the first two movies, powernull is starting to seem more like the go-to use of the CBS against pretty much anyone, except for those whom they already know are just angrier/meaner-than-normal humans.

Well damn it looks like Cole'll get hit with the beam and powernulled more often than not

Though, one thing I have to ask is, does the beam work on people with differing origins of powers, or has it only shown to work on people powered by magic?

Back