• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath vs Delsin Rowe (inFAMOUS) (Complete)

Cole in the midst of fighting off another wave of Moya's troops trying to infiltrate Empire City. As Zeke, Harms, and the rest of the cops gathered nearby civilians to the closest shelters, Cole rampaged through the streets against the military like a one-man army. One rocket vaporized a whole battalion, a Thunder Drop another. Their bullets were moving at a snail's pace in his vision, effortlessly dodging them as they tore though the air. Not one so much as scratched his clothes.

As the fight continued, Cole heard the all-too familiar whirr of helicopter blades behind him as an attack chopper began to open fire. Moving his head just before a hot stream of Vulcan Cannon fire tore into it, the surrounding soldiers were mowed down by friendly fire, their dismembered, hole-riddled corpses littering the battlefield.

Cole proceeded to roll to the side, leaping up to grab hold of the side of a nearby building. The chopper turned back around to face him, a red targeting aimed right at Cole's forehead as a salvo of destructive payloads homed in on his position. Launcing himself off the building, Cole manifested his Polarity Shield, taking the entire onslaught of missiles head-on.

BOOM

The missiles met their target in midair, filling the sky with a massive fireball followed by a cloud of dense smoke. The pilot gave a chuckle and a cocky smile, which quickly contorted into an expression of pure terror as a blue light resonated within the smoke cloud. Cole emerged from the smoke, lunging through the air with his Gigawatt Blade manifested around his arm. The pilot let out an ear-splitting shriek as the blade of pure electric energy tore clean through the helicopter, slicing it in two. As it exploded behind him, Cole allowed himself to fall towards the ground, the lighting and shadows from the explosion giving him an appearance worthy of his title as the "Demon of Empire City".

Cole hit the ground with no injury to himself, though the force of his descent caused the ground to crack beneath him and send out a small, but still noticeable shockwave of air. He brushed the dust from his shoulder before lowering his hand down to his phone.

"Harms, I've taken care of the boots by the park. You about done with your part?" Cole asked.

"Yeah. Zeke got the idea to use some of those anti-air guns the First Sons were using to keep the feds from sending more troops and bombing jets into the city. Y'know, you should lighten up on him, Cole. We're in this fight together. He's your friend isn't he?" The Warden responded.

"I thought he was". With that, he hung up. Setting off to scouer the area for any remaining soldiers, until suddenly, a blue mass of energy appeared in front of him. It gave off tremendous force, causing a whirlwind nearly knocked Cole off his feet. As he struggled against it, he saw a figure step out from it. It was a man, appearing to be in his early twenties. He wore a red beanie, a gray hoodie, a denim jacket with a strange symbol on the back, and had was looked to be a chain of some kind wrapped around his wrist. The man looked around, fascinated by the ruined city, the explosions in the distance, but most importantly, the large fleet of military jets and planes dropping explosives and paratroopers across the other districts. A voice suddenly broke his trance.

"Hey!"

As he turned his attention foward, he finally noticed Cole, and was visibly taken aback by the sight of him.

"Holy shit...you look just like him." He finally spoke.

"What?" Cole responded, confused by the whole situation, even with everything that had happened to him.

"My name...", he started, putting his hand against his chest to emphasize his point. "Is Delsin. Delsin Rowe. I'm...not from here."

"Yeah, no shit. Where are you from?"

"Listen...", he sighed. "...you don't know me. Yet. But I know you."

"Yet?" Cole thought to himself. "Does this kid have a connection to Kessler? It was the only explanation he could think of."

"You and me, we saved our world. From disease, from conflict. From alien warlords if you can believe it. But...you-HE said you might try to get in the way. So...for what it's worth..." he then unwrapped his chain from his wrist, channeling neon energy into it, causing it to be go rigid and extend into an energy sword.

"A Conduit?"

"I'm sorry." He then charged Cole at the speed of light, bringing his sword down to decapitate the Electric Man. Reacting fast, Cole once again manifested the Gigawatt Blade, clashing against the neon sword and setting off an explosion of energy. The force of the clash sent the two flying in opposing direction. Cole slid across the ground as he straightened himself up, while Delsin dematerialized into a mass of photon particles to negate the force that sent him flying, before reconstructing himself. The two stared each other down as they prepared to charge again.

"I don't know who you are, kid. But if you're looking for a fight, I've got more than a little steam to blow off."

"Please don't make this harder than it has to be..."

InFAMOUS 1 Good Cole VS Evil Delsi

Speed Equalized

Holy crap, that's a good story. Also, given the plot, Delsin might not immediately try and hax him to death. I'll definitely keep an eye on this.

Well, let's see here. Cole can counter Orbital Drop and Hellfire Swarm by dropping a thunderstorm on Delsin while the attack charges and while he can't do the same against Radiant Sweep, he resists Matter Manipulation enough to avoid instantly dying to it. Radar Sense counters invisibility while a quick rocket or grenade takes care of the demons that it summons. Not to mention, homing attacks.

Cole's grenades can incap thanks to superior lifting strength, but Delsin can get out of it with smoke. Cole also takes the comfortable edge in close quarters for once, as his gigawatt vlades even out the range advantage and Delsin runs the risk of accidentally absorbing his powers, leaving him helpless. Also, bio-leech, while unlikely to be used, is an option.

Cole even has skill abd experience on his side. Cole has all of Kessler's memories and is smart enough to notice that most of Delsin's powers come from electrical sources, so he can absorb them to keep Delsin's options limited.

Cole wins 7/10.

Considering this is one of those series that I think is cool but never really got into to, I have little more to contribute than Kudos to you guys and the OP's story. Only thing else is my vote

Magrath FRA

Pretty good intro for the fight, I'm impressed. I was considering doing story intros for the fight whenever I make thread, so it's nice to see these types of things.

As for the fight, let's see. Cole has the range advantage with his sniper shots, and his more powerful moves will likely incap, as the post above said. However, I'd say the same goes for Delsin's more powerful moves, and in his evil self, he doesn't hold back, meaning they'd likely result in a kill. Cole's strongest moves, however, massively outpace Delsin's, at least in the quality department. Since Cole likely resists Matter Manip enough to survive Radiant Sweep, and since he can summon his Lightning Storms even in horrible positions, it's pretty even, mainly due to Delsin's in character bloodlust to kill here. He'll opt for more powerful moves if the going gets too tough, but Cole is perfectly fine doing the same. So they tie, at least in my opinion.

But character wise, well, this is where it gets to Cole's advantage. When, and I mean when, Delsin sees Cole's immense powers, he will try to drain them. Even more so since it's evil Delsin. So Cole gets his powers drained, and Delsin is immediatly helpless. What does he have after that? A lightning melee attack that Cole made? A few blasts Cole outmatches by a longshot? No dodging abilities? The second, and I mean the second Delsin drains Cole's powers, he's already lost. And he will drain Cole, because this is Evil Delsin, a power hungry maniac. And unlike Fetch, or Eugene, or anyone else he's drained, this is friggin' Cole MacGrath. The most powerful conduit to ever live, by far.

Overall, Cole wins this. The only way Delsin can win is by getting either lucky, or acting out of character and avoiding draining a powerful conduit.

Cole can also deflect or block a lot of Delsin's stuff, while Delsin would have to rely on dodging.

Also, slight disagreement here. Delsin only really drains an opponent when he thinks he's beaten then (aside from Fetch, who he didn't want to fight at all). He only drained Eugene after beating his "He Who Dwells" form and only drained Augustine because he thought he'd beaten her. Granted, it can still happen if he tries to wrestle Cole off while he's trying to Bio-leech him or something.

Well, didn't Evil Delsin want to drain Fetch? And yeah, it is true that he'll drain them after he thinks he's beaten or weakened them, but we know how fast Cole gets back up ("A little electricity, I'll heal right up"). So even with that, Delsin is beaten pretty fast when he tries to drain. Especially since Cole beat someone with his exact same powers who was far, far stronger than him, and with decades more experience (And Kessler was totally fine with killing Cole and handling The Beast himself, so it's unlikely he was holding back.).

As an aside, how hilarious would it be to see Delsin try to drain Cole only to get Bio-leeched? Ultimate turn-around.

Agreed. Cole FRA. Also, will you write the ending to this battle, after we done? Please?

Back