• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Human's Striking Strength/possible ap revistion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that Composite human is Street level+ base on the Mike Tyson's punch and Shogun Rue's kick but, both use different scales of force like foot-pounds of force and pounds of force. I did the math and seen that Rua kicks at 2749 pounds of force he would do 18350 joules so, Street level should be raised to 42000 since Geroge St-Pierre was able to output 3477 pounds of force and 6000 pounds of force with a combo under 1 second.

The reason I say to increase Street level is because these UFC fighters aren't capable of completely fracturing the human body's bones but, strong enough to knock a peak human or possibly superhuman out or should we consider these people outliers since Tyson punches 1178 foot pounds which is 360 pounds of force which Pierre and Rue can punch at least 800 pounds of force which they can hit harder than that.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/4/...s-st-pierres-punching-power-2859-lbs-of-force

I think the ap should be revised because having it the way it is now it makes every real life human be street to wall level and makes athlete and normal human levels worthless even though these level have destruction feats like dent metal on house door only a little which some skill fighter can do but, can punch through it which is a 9-C feat.

I was thinking 10-B to be 70-300 joules, 10-A 300-1600 joules and Street level 1600-42000 joules since UFC fighters output around these levels and Bruce Lee should be superior to them who is stronger and more skilled than Rua and Pierre.

If we can't revise the AP page we should create a page for the real world page to help people understand where real life AP would be placed at by using a real life AP page that we scale with foot pounds and pounds of force that we can scale to the original AP page which scales more to fictional characters.

No, we're not revising the ratings on the AP page just because you think that it should be different.

@WeekyBattles It not because I think it needs to be changed but we should have something to help be less confusing for people who scale real life people because these UFC fighters output around 4000 to 60000 joules of energy and Bruse Lee is far superior to them. It doesn't make sense that MMA fighter would be Wall level when they are strong enough to only knock a human out.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/453928

On this thread, it was shown that no one knew how to convert lbs of force to joules but, I figure that out and street level should go up to 42KJ and Athlete Human level should go up to around 400 to 1.6KJ and Normal Human level be around 70 to 100 joules. 1lb of force=4.45newtons and 1-newton meter=1 joules so, Rua kicks 2749lbs of force times that by 4.45 which equals 12,233 newton then multiply by 1.5 meters the distance the leg travels to get 18,350 joules.

It would be far too problematic to revise our AP ratings. Maybe sometime in the future.

I guess then but, we could use this thread to help for a new thread in the future to possibly work out this problem.

The way I scaled was based on the lbs of force scaling where 40lbs of force is what the average human can do and I scale the rest from there with UFC fighters be around the highest.

No, sorry, but it would require several of our calc group members thoroughly examining how to properly redefine the tier borders if it was required at some point in the future.

However, for now I think that what we have is good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back