• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tiering System Notice: Human, Athlete, and Street Level Baselines

@Antoniofer what's the source for 550 lbf pushing force? Because it doesn't sound realistic

More intortantly I would like to know what "pound-of-force" even mean as a measure of punching strength. Because sticking strengh is measured in units of work/energy like joules or foot-pounds. By pushing force I meant the forse you can apply continuously using your fist.

And if you want to get the result in joules force needs to be expressed in newtons and distance in metres

I mean, in real life force is what is used to measure the force of strikes, or in pressure in other cases, not energy, you're not going to find punches records measured in energy, is not an accurate unit to measure the force of punches.

If they measure punching force as the unit of force they do it wrong. A punch is called powerfull if it can break stuff. Breaking stuff requires work of elastic deformation and creating work requires energy.

That would be an issue cuz several scientific experiments of have those feats measured by force, energy measure changes, that involve several things and is pretty ambiguos, meanwhile force is to measure impacts and tearing, taht is more fitting.

The same feat that is the baseline 9-B is measured in force too, +1000 kgf, placing it ~2.9 times above those boxer records.

Well yes technically where is fore gained by the momentum due to deacceleration. But I meant constant pushing force not this one. I honestly have no idea why scientists care about impact force more than energy since energy is the ability to create work

Anyway my point still stands. This is not the force that needs to be used for mechanical energy. Constant pushing force can not be nearly as high

Is cuz force reflect damage, meanwhile energy doesn't, it reflect change and thus ambiguos and unaccurate for it to determinate what effects it have over the target.

Constant pushing strength wouldn't be related to punches tho, and OP's main issue involve them. Although yes, the force in punches is more than simply KE, but neither is does to divide the force by the arm length; generally the force comes from gaining momentum from the feets to the fist (like a motion wave or something like that).

As much as I want to debate why I think KE is more accurate we need to stay on topic.

It would. You need to multiply that constant pushing force (in newtons) to length of the arm (in meters).

If you're pushing something with constant force the velocity (and therefore KE) of the object you're pushing will be constantly itcreasing over the distance. Work is defined in similar way by the way.

If you want to use force of the collision you need to multiply it by the distance the fist had traweled after the collision (then it was deaccelerating)

Back