• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(NEW CALCULATION) Changing Baseline 10-B and 10-A (TIERING SYSTEM CHANGE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but what are each of those two border levels based on?

Okay, so can an average woman strike with an energy of roughly 66 Joules and a bit stronger than average man strike with an energy of roughly 106 Joules, or did I misunderstand the calculation blog that you linked to above? I only skimmed it briefly after all.

Okay, so can an average woman strike with an energy of roughly 66 Joules and a bit stronger than average man strike with an energy of roughly 106 Joules, or did I misunderstand the calculation blog that you linked to above? I only skimmed it briefly after all.
That's about the gist of it, yeah.

Okay., so should we set 66 Joules as the lower border and 106 Joules as the upper border for 10-B then? It seems pretty reasonable to me.

Okay., so should we set 66 Joules as the lower border and 106 Joules as the upper border for 10-B then? It seems pretty reasonable to me.
In fact I would personally prefer:

60.31348447 J as low end of normal human level (10-B)

and
106.3743734 J as low end for athletic human level (10-A)

While it is more important that the numbers and the label should be labelled more clearly.

Okay then, but isn't 60 Joules the punching energy of a physically quite weak woman?

Okay. I suppose that it is probably fine to use then.

So 60 Joules as a lower border for 10-B, and 106 Joules as an upper border then?

Is somebody willing to do a similar investigation for 10-A as well please?

Okay. I suppose that it is probably fine to use then.

So 60 Joules as a lower border for 10-B, and 106 Joules as an upper border then?

Is somebody willing to do a similar investigation for 10-A as well please?
Don't think there's much to investigate for 10-A TBF, that was settled on with the appropriate links years ago.

Yes, perhaps we could simply add a link that says "The reasons for our Human and Athlete level borders." and change the text for the previous one to say "The reasons for our Street, and Wall level borders."?

Yes, perhaps we could simply add a link that says "The reasons for our Human and Athlete level borders." and change the text for the previous one to say "The reasons for our Street, and Wall level borders."?
A: I do not believe this was ever done

B: I understand that most Tier 10 characters are not there from calculations, but for the few that are, a post should be made announcing the change to the tiering system. After all, such a thing is usually a rather big deal (even if this particular revision is about as minuscule and in impactful of a change as one could make to said tiering system, it still technically is a wiki-wide change

Thank you for helping out. We need to adjust the Notes section of the page accordingly though, in cluding adjusting the following part:

"The reasons for our Athlete, Street, and Wall level borders."

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Attack_Potency#Notes
The Human level borders should have its own link.
A: I do not believe this was ever done
@DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu @Damage3245 @KLOL506 @Jasonsith @Psychomaster35

Would any of you be willing to help out with this please?
B: I understand that most Tier 10 characters are not there from calculations, but for the few that are, a post should be made announcing the change to the tiering system. After all, such a thing is usually a rather big deal (even if this particular revision is about as minuscule and in impactful of a change as one could make to said tiering system, it still technically is a wiki-wide change
I do not think that this seems sufficiently significant for a highlighted announcement thread, especially as we have a more important one about our striking strength system running already.

Not sure if my help is needed any further, the link edits could be done by literally anyone here, like this:

*The reason for our Human level borders

*The reason for our Athlete level, Street level and Wall level borders (Practically the only one that remains unchanged)

Okay. Is it fine if I or another staff member handle that then?

I do not think that this seems sufficiently significant for a highlighted announcement thread, especially as we have a more important one about our striking strength system running already.
Oh I don’t mean like a highlighted announcement thread or anything, just a thread giving a head’s up the change has been made, you don’t need to promote it on the homepage or anything like that in all likelihood

Oh I don’t mean like a highlighted announcement thread or anything, just a thread giving a head’s up the change has been made, you don’t need to promote it on the homepage or anything like that in all likelihood
Well, I suppose that just placing such a thread in our news and announcements forum seems fine in that case, but I should probably wait until we are finished here.
Thank you. I will handle it then.

I think that seems uncontroversial at this point, yes.

I will do so now.

Thank you to everybody who helped out here. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back