• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Link vs Saint 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Link (Composite)

Saint-14

SBA

Speed equal

My boi Saint has all weapons he can use (unrestricted weaponry ftw) available because he is fighting literally a dood equipped with a mountain of items.

Saint
Link And His Stuff

Imma call Wok. Make him vote for Saint and wait for 6 people to FRA.

He is difficult to kill.

Also shoots stuff. With his guns. And bazookas. Big bazookas.

PaChi2 said:
He is difficult to kill.

Also shoots stuff. With his guns. And bazookas. Big bazookas.
That describes 90% of Zelda villains, especially Ganon. Why is he so difficult to kill?

Stomp, Bazookas>>>>>>Magic Sword

He is difficult to kill because:

Acausality (Type 4), Resistance to Reality Warping, Time Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, BFR, Existence Erasure, Void Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Law Manipulation, Absorption, Information Analysis, other Vex abilities (Fought the Vex for centuries, and was unable to be stopped until the Vex manifested a mind specifically designed to kill him and him alone. Even then, Saint-14 managed to kill this Vex mind before finally succumbing to the endless tide of the machines), and Soul Manipulation (Damage to or destruction of Guardian souls is not particularly important to Guardians, as they regularly endure such effects. Exo don't have souls.)

Well, fork.

What hax does he generally use? Because Link's only chance here is to pummel him via higher AP, assuming he doesn't have something preventing that, too.

He has apparently void hax and Law manipulation hax in his guns.

Also Low godly regen via a machine (Ghost) that Link needs to find because it is hidden.

His guns ignore dura via Law Manipulation, as in, he shoots with a shotgun and it passes through him like butter (at least, that's how i understand how it works, i'll confirm real quick)

I can help too. What does Link start off with? Saint starts with void hax and lots of bullets that negate dura.

Non-bloodlusted starts with info analysis + best thing that works according to it. Given that Saint resists analysis, that's a problem. Link has the wincon of touching him with the Master Sword, as Saint's apparently baseline (no calc to be found) while Link is 1.2 KiloFoE, and negate his Low-Godly.

If the bullet don't deal too much damage to his body, Link can resurrect. I haven't seen him damaging souls on his page.

Actually it says SBA, so Saint-14 is Low 2-C here. Well since Saint has a lot of ranger options that are deadly to Link and since he can create void barriers it will be hard for Link to touch him with the Master Sword.

Edit: As for the souls, yes a lot of Destiny pages are missing a few abilities like non-physical interaction. Guardians can however interact with souls, energy and even literal void.

Well, Silver Arrows negate Low-Godly, too.

About the EE, how good it is? Link can survive without any defensive stuff the erasure of a High 7-A pocket dimension, and with the Master Sword, he can resist the powers of the Triforce, which include EE done via 4-B RW.

Saint's void hax is strong enough to erase people that resist void hax and his more powerful void abilities can even erase Guardians and other void attacks.

The Silver Arrows would still need to get past Saint's void barriers and all Guardians also have a passive force field.

Voting for Link.

Resurrection, Low-Godly Regen, Forcefield, Power Nullification and resistence to EE, BFR and Information Analysis is not new to Link. Ganon has all of this.

The Master Sword and Silver Arrows negates Low-Godly Regen, Light Arrows bypass Forcefield, and I don't see in Saint-14's profile resistence to Transmutation or Sealing. Also, Mind Reading give him the adventage.

Do the arrows bypass forcefields that would erase them? Also Saint's void hax is more powerful than what Link can resist.

Low-Godly counters transmutation. How does the sealing work?

If I'm not mistaken, Saint-14 was killed because his Light was drained. Link can find and destroy his Ghost with Shard of Agony or Discovery Ring. After that, Saint-14 dies or lost his Low-Godly Regen which renders him vulnerable to Transmutation, Sealing or sword beams from the Master Sword.

@Zogriel

I don't know how those work, so I can't say if Link could do that, but for that scenario to work out Saint and his Ghost would need to be sitting still and just let it happen.

From what I've seen on this thread it is more likely that Saint will just erase Link before Link figures out a way to kill or incapacitate Saint. So I'm voting Saint-14.

@WHYNAUT

Dowsing: Is a treasure-seeking ability that the Master Sword possesses. It acts as a sort of compass to inform Link about nearby important objects or persons and help him track them down.

Shard of Agony: A shard of a piece of Sheikah technology that shakes and alerts Link when something hidden is nearby.

Discovery Ring: A ring that allows Link to sense hidden things by making a sound.

And again, Saint-14 does not need to stay there doing nothing becuase Link has fought monsters in this type of scenario countless of times.

Fi:

"The probability that a single, standard attack of yours will injure Demise, Master, is exactly 0%."

What counts as nearby, because normally Ghosts certainly aren't near their Guardians.

What ability is that classified as, because Saint resists precog and info analysis.

Same thing I said for Dowsing.

What type of scenario? Just because Saint has some simlar abilities does not mean he will act like those monsters at all.

I don't exactly understand what you're trying to say with that.

WHYNAUT said:
What counts as nearby, because normally Ghosts certainly aren't near their Guardians.
Were are they, exactly? Both items and Dowsing, tells Link when something hidden (like invisible treasure chests) are nearby Link.

What ability is that classified as, because Saint resists precog and info analysis.
Shard of Agony and Discovery Ring are magic items.

Same thing I said for Dowsing.
How does Resistence to Precognition and Information Analysis work? Does this work for the Ghost and the Light too?

Dowsing sense the aura of an object or person. Can the Master Sword find the Ghost or the Light inside it by sensing the Light?

What type of scenario? Just because Saint has some simlar abilities does not mean he will act like those monsters at all. I don't exactly understand what you're trying to say with that.
What I'm trying to say is that Link fight with this kind of disadvantages all the time he face a main villain. So, I'm not buying that Saint-14 can just EE him because that's more likely to happen.

When Link fought Demise, he had 0% of injuring him and still manage to pull a win. That's a lot worse than, at least, being able to use the Master Sword that can shoot the sword beams or the Skyward Strike.

This is Composite Link, so he don't need Information Analysis to find the weakness of his enemy, so, he just need to find and destroy the Ghost to turn the tables to his favor. Saint-14 has no Resistance to Magic, so, Shard of Agony and Discovery Ring the best options to find it.

If I'm honest, I don't know if Link can simply Seal the Light of Saint-14 inside the Master Sword because Saint-14 have no Resistance to Sealing.

It's not entirely clear but they're not near the battlefield.

That doesn't tell me what ability it is. Just magic is not a answer. Does the magic give him precog or clairvoyance or anything like that?

He resisted the info analysis and precognition from the Vex, who can do that on a 2-A scale.

I think that could work.

And how did he overcome those odds? Because if it was just a fight and he had 0% chance of winning then that information was simply faulty.

He can definitely not seal Saint's Light since the Light is connected across all of space and time. Even if he did manage to separate said from that, his Ghost could just give him more Light.

Anyway, how would Link even know he needs to use the master sword or silver arrows against Saint and how would he even know to kill his Ghost? You're coming up with ways for Link to beat Saint, but that doesn't matter if he doesn't do it.

Saint literally starts out with attacks that would erase Link, whereas Link has no idea what he can defeat Saint with.

WHYNAUT said:
It's not entirely clear but they're not near the battlefield.
If its not entirely clear, How do you know they're not near?

That doesn't tell me what ability it is. Just magic is not a answer. Does the magic give him precog or clairvoyance or anything like that?
Probably, Extrasensory Perception. The description of the items don't explain how they work exactly. It just vibrates or make a sound (depending of the item) when something hidden is nearby Link. So, it's probably Extrasensory Perception.

He resisted the info analysis and precognition from the Vex, who can do that on a 2-A scale.
Ok, but, How does it works, exactly? Fi is not a machine and her Info Analysis doesn't work with tech. What prevents Fi from scanning him?

And how did he overcome those odds? Because if it was just a fight and he had 0% chance of winning then that information was simply faulty.
No. Fi didn't said Link had 0% to win but Link had 0% of injuring Demise. Which means, Link was unable to hurt Demise with any of his weaponry. So, to answer the question: Link defeated Demise by absorbing the power from the same source than Demise.

He can definitely not seal Saint's Light since the Light is connected across all of space and time. Even if he did manage to separate said from that, his Ghost could just give him more Light.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but actually, I understand that Saint-14 is like a Liche. His Life Energy (aka Light) is stored inside his Ghost and that's why he is able to revive when killed. But if Link destroys the Ghost or Seal his Light, Saint-14 would die just like did when the Axis Mind absorbed his Light.

Now, I don't see why Link won't be able to do the same if the Master Sword can Seal beings that resist Sealing. Saint-14 have no resistance to Sealing at all + being Undead automatically make him more susceptible to the Master Sword.

Anyway, how would Link even know he needs to use the master sword or silver arrows against Saint and how would he even know to kill his Ghost? You're coming up with ways for Link to beat Saint, but that doesn't matter if he doesn't do it. Saint literally starts out with attacks that would erase Link, whereas Link has no idea what he can defeat Saint with.
Because Link already did this:

Ganondorf also negated Link's Information Analysis, but Link found his weakness anyway and beat him twice. Other Links don't even have this ability and still can find the weakness of an Invisible and Intangible Ganon and exploit it. His choices and battle strategy are meant to be made by the player, so we cannot know the way he thinks.

Also, I know the void hax render useless all other Link's weaponry except for the Master Sword. Same happened with Ganon, Vaati and Bellum...

Agahnim and Demise were even resistant to the Master Sword and all Link's attacks, but Link won anyway.

What makes Saint-14 different from that? As easy as Saint-14 can EE Link, Link can seal him.

Link always starts with Master Sword + Finding a weakness (Link from OoT and other Links already did this without Info Analysis). Link have two options to win: 1) Sealing Saint-14 or just his Life Energy (aka Light) within the Master Sword (which I think is his best option) because Saint-14 have no resistance to Sealing at all + being an Undead make him more susceptible to the Master Sword, or 2) Link can Self-Duplicate into 4 Links to search and find Saint's Ghost and destroy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back