• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Continuation Steven Universe Revision

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Retired
From the last thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2413127

So far:

• Aquamarine's rating will be changed no matter what, since Paralysis Inducement nor Telekinesis are AP related (any attemp of comparing with other verses will be Appeal to Popularity), and launching Pearl into the air wouldn't be above 1.2 tnt tons.
  • No one scale to the potentially tractor beam's laser since no one tanked it (comparing with other verses that do the same is Appeal to Popularity), and being "fragile" do not justify anything. So that reasoning will be removed, whetever Gems stay 6-B or not.
  • Every gem at the same level than Opal or below do not scale to the Warship, since the last one was unable to cause any notable damage. Not sure if the profiles still use this reasoning but if any it should be removed.
  • Garnet's surviving in the Sun's core is no longer usable as Kepekley already pointed out, and yet the statement refer to the temperature of the sun's core rather than the sun's core itself (no pressure involved), so value is not High 6-C even if is applicable.
  • Garnet do not possesses Memory Manipulation since she is unable to alter nor erase memories; her granting Future Visions do not qualify as Mind Manipulation since she do not control how it works once being moved to Steven.
  • Minor revision, but gems are being rated Relativistic+ when the speed is 0.34c (only Relativistic).
Between other things, using Mass-Energy convertion its into play.

Favor points:

• Several statements talks about gems using energy to change there bodies and even when reforming.
Counter points:

• Several gems that can reform or shapeshift are not necessary strong, examples are Peridot, a young Steven and several corrupted gems.
  • The AP is not necessary determinated by the size, gems has been show to be stronger than gems considerable bigger.
  • Peridot or the off-color being High 7-A, 6-C or higher is an outlier.

It doesnt matter that no one tanked the Tractor Beam, Garnet was still going to destroy the ship and its core which means they scale and the core scales to the core of the Warship that Jasper tanked

Peridot actually hurt steven multiple times and it would be consistent with her being able to poof corrupted Jasper

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Also, the "+" has to be removed from the Gems' speed rating; their speed feat is 0.33c, that's just Relativistic, the "+" is only 0.50c or higher.
Oh, although this is pretty easy and a revision isn't needed.

Well, we'll change it once we're done here.

Also, we already discussed the tractor beam, one do not need the same amount of power that something dissipate in order to destroy it; one do not need 9-A to destroy the motor of a train, not 7-C to destroy a nuke.

@Antonio Then you need to make a downgrade thread for Sonic the Hedgehog because a major reason why he's High 6-A is scaling from a machine that was powered by the planet's biosphere

Weapons are scaled to their batteries, otherwise the energy would destroy them. Nukes irl are glass cannons for example

Just because another verse uses it, it doesn't mean it is part of the rules, and the tractor beam was said to be fragile, so it is unlikely that it is that durable.

Again, appealing to popularity is not an acceptable argument, what is happening in Sonic do not concern us here. Although, using something as source of energy is simply bad, is like something use the wind as source of energy and then I assume is using the entire atmosphere... at the same time.

Glass canon is something that do not exist in real life, objects are as durable as the material they are made of, and yet they are capable to store energy with no problem, take into account that energy isn't always realised as explosions.

@Paulo Yes it does mean it is part of the rules. what is it with you guys using double standards to try to downgrade one verse while leaving dozens of other verses to do the same thing youre arguing against?

The tractor beam being fragile is a testament to Garnet's strength not something that means the ship has low durability. Hell in the same comic the ship tanked a damn pulsar.

Except that we aren't using double moral, we aren't even aware that there're other verses that use the same argument, do not expect we known about any verse in this wiki. If you are unconfortable with the rasoning just make a thread about it, we made one here, and needing to downgrade something in order to downgrade something else is not a rule, we can take the initiative, nothing wrong about it.

I'd just like to bring to the table that the gems have 2 different 6-A feats. In Attack the Light, they were capable of harming White Light, a confirmed High 6-A, and in Save the Light, they almost destroyed anothe White Light with the latter being stronger than the former. This would also be consistent in the show with them being able to contend with and knock around the Diamonds, which is also a High 6-A feat, as Paulo pointed out last time. (This is mostly just so I can follow.)

@Antonio Except ive been telling you about them for two threads now, if youre seriously still not aware that they exist that really says something about you guys ignoring anything i have to say regarding this topic.

Im not the one who has a problem with it, i think its accurate, you guys are the ones who have a problem with the ratings, you guys are the ones who need to make the CRT, not me.

Im not appealing to popularity and i'd appreciate it if you didnt falsely accuse me of such. Im telling you the standards we use here. You dont like it, make a CRT. Thats how it works here.

Your only proof that this is part of the standards is "other verses use that"; you have to show the actual part of the rules which says that feats like this are acceptable, because if you can't do tht, then your argument is literally "the majority of verses use that, so therefore it is ok to use it", which is an appeal to popularity.

Yeah, you're right, just because the argument has a fallacy in it, it doesn't mean it is wrong, it's just that the only proof shown so far is "other verses use that", which is a fallacy; what he's saying might still be right, but he needs to show more proof.

Sonic the Hedgehog uses the machines scaling to durability, Splattoon is going to be using it very soon, the Spider-Man movies use it, Some weapons in Star Wars uses it, shall i go on or are you actually going to listen to me?

See? that is the problem, there's no other argument, just using another verses as shield... And pretty sure most of Star Wars core's devices do not work that way (like the Death Star or that ship from Episode I).

The core is still generating that much energy No? Maybe the core isn't as durable as the energies AP. Doesn't change the fact that said energy was surging through Jasper and exploded with her at the center.

Lightbuster30 said:
The core is still generating that much energy No? Maybe itlthe core isn't as durable as the energies AP. Doesn't change the fact that the energy was surging through Jasper amd exploded with her at the center.
Wrong core, this core is about a satelize that appeared in a comic. Also, the Jarper's feat was discarded due being inconsistent, that or either the ship has shields.

I thought Weekly mentioned a week ago about the Outdated ships geberating that much energy? I admittedly thought we were talking about those ships.

The core is what is generating the 6-B energy, Jasper tanked the core of a ship far more powerful, this is consistent with all the other 6-B and casual 6-C feats in the verse

Okay then, lets agree on this: The ship is a tank as its AP is lower than its durability, seeing as its AP was unable to poof Jasper but it is durable enough to be unharmed by Opal

That would result in the ship being unable to destroy a single soldier, since most soldiers are on Amethyst's level, which is not too far away from Garnet.

Jasper is also explicitly staed to be stronger than other quartz soldiers. Also, Amethyst is defective, so no they aren't on her level.

Again, what is inconsistent about the Warship isn't the number if not the scaling, so refleshing: Garnet > Jasper > Warship >> Opal >= Light Cannon >> Red Eye >> Garnet > Amethyst, this inconsistent; the Warship using protection against he projectiles (that using a protective posture seems to be the case) would suggest that isn't as powerful from inside. That or inconsistence.

@Paulo No, youre wrong. Amethyst is far inferior, to the point that someone qual to Garnet curbstomped her and was undamaged by her attacks

@Antonio Because the Warship is more durable than its AP

We've already removed all scaling to the warship's durability from the profiles so why you keep bringing it up is beyond my understanding

Back