• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Continuation Steven Universe Revision

Most of the calcs are considerable below those, and the M-E convertion has to be decided. If wondering why we shouldn't use then there's a few reasons in OP, and I guess back in the previous thread. Rasoning, even if they aren't downgraded, needs to be changed.

Minor changes involve de Memory Manipulation of Garnet (that she do not have), Aquamarine not scaling to Alex and changing the Relativistic+ to a palin Relativistic.

It's one thing for a feat to be lower, it's another thing entirely for a lower feat to be presented as a limit.

I have no opinion on the powers and speed, just AP.

Welp, speed isn't into play (not quite a downgrade, just a typo), every is about AP of gems of Garnet's (and Opal) level, since destroying the core do not means nothing (Pearl even said is fragile), and the sun's core was debunked so everything reduced to using E-M convertion.

I think that we already agreed in putting aside the High 6-A stat from Aquamarine for being misleading (It do not produce energy or damage at a High 6-A level, it just paralyse and tk).

There's no current problem with the Memory Manipulation nor the speed one.

@Cropfist, I think (?), what I meant is that the current justification is refering to a acalc that is not applicable to scale.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
The logic we're using is that Garnet and Amethyst were attacking the eye during the entire episode and couldn't destroy it, this has nothing to do with the other fusions.
It's PiS of it being the first (or second) episode and then needing to introduce certain concepts to the show. It's an outlier.

Energy convertion aside, we still need to remove the Memory Manipulation from Garnet, change the speed rating and adjust Aquamarine's AP. I think we can proceed to do these changes.

WeeklyBattles said:
You're going to have to make make a tractor beam crt if you want to change aquamarine's ap
We already answered this several times. There is no rule for it being used for AP like that, so others doing it has nothing to do with this.

You also kinda didn't give links to the verses that use them. Or I missed it, in which case please qoute it.

It involve Star Trek, also the case there is kinda different: it use KE, so the reasoning is "it can move an object at X speed, it can move an star so it can yield at most E", and pretty sure people who known about Star Trek known it; here in the other hand scaling is being use, but it can't cuz the attack do not cause damage, didn't damage High 6-A character (actually can't damage) so can't be scaled to it.

So, one last doubt that do not involve "other verse do it too" or "you need to downgrade X first in order to downgrade Y" before apply the changes?

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I just wonder why she hasn't been downgrded already.
To be polite, we have the bad habit for "ask permission" to one staff member in order to upgrade/downgrade it, so even if most people agree we are "forced" to wait for its word. Anyway, I guess there's no more doubts about and I'm going to start changing the profiles.

Ok, we are done with the Memory, Speed and Aquamarine's issues, now we can go back to the e-m convertion that iirc was the main one.

I already made the minor changes, such the Aquamarine, Memory Manipilation and speed, but apparently "we" never get a conclusion about the Satellize scaling nor the E-M convertion.

All Gems should have type 8 based on their gemstones for the same reason sailor moon characters have it

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Paulo.junior.969 said:
Yet, Aqua knocked out Steven.
Ah, my bad. For some reason I thought the shield was 6-B instead of Steven himself.

Though really... I really have a hard time actually seeing Steven as being that durable.

The only ones supporting e-m convertion are Matt and Weekly, but its only rasoning its that was stated by few gems despite that several gems aren't obviously that strong (Peridot, early Steven, Off-Colors, corrupted gems), or good, some gems can't be that strong (it can't be used with the living island, it would yield absurdly high). And to be fair, Weekly wants to apply an oppose logic to speed of light gems.

@Antonio Peridot harmed 6-C steven and poofed corrupted Jasper, Steven himself barely uses his shapeshifting and when he does it explicitly puts a tax on his body so he cant use it for long which further supports it, weve never seen any Off-Colors fight so you cannot really use them as an argument, and Corrupted Gems have consistently been a threat to the Crystal Gems.

We dont know if the living island was a Gem or just a gem construct, but given the fact that weve never seen a gem nearly that large up until the Cluster, which in and of itself was a huge deal given how big it was, the latter seems to be more accurate.

Gems currently have almost a dozen feats of either explicitly going FTL or surviving FTL-MFTL+ speeds, not sure why youre trying to use that to discredit my argument.

Back