• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Continuing the tradition. Geralt speed downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightning bolts from the Djinn and Mages can be consistently parried (even if the parry animation is weird)

I personally feel like, even after much discussion with this offsite with KLOL, that the game's portrayal of the Djinn feat makes us unable to get any consistent idea of how the feat is portrayed. It paradoxically has Geralt getting hit by the bolt visually before he can even move yet also has him "parry" it in the gameplay sense.

At best, it's just a game limitation in portraying something that Geralt can otherwise do fine outside of the game, at worst it's unusable if it's the main example being pushed forward for the speed rating (which it isn't, obviously).

Assuming MHS is staying I'd perfer if this isn't used as one of the major examples on the page since we'll likely just see these issues brought up repeatedly when there's just better feats to argue.

It is also reacted to in Of Flesh and Flames:

I fail to see how this would, assuming the bolts they are firing are MHS+, require them to have comparable reactions to clash, if they had prior notice and saw each other prepping their spells. Perhaps I'm missing something contextualized in the surrounding panels though.

The Gwent trailer has Eredin reacting to Yennefer's lightning bolt

Eredin doesn't actually react to the lightning bolt in that video, he's in the same defensive position before and after it's fired, with no indication that he moved while the bolt was coming at him.

The Witcher Role-Playing tabletop game, which is canon to the game, states that cloud-to-ground lightning spells are dodgeable:

It doesn't go into how these attacks are avoided. It's pretty essential that they're moving out of the bolt's way while it's mid-air, however I don't see why they can't just react to the mage casting the spell rather than the bolt in the air.

Even if this was the case for cloud-to-ground it would produce results that are well below the current speed rating, assuming that they began moving after the bolt was fired.

However, Lady of the Lake says that Geralt managed to dodge Vilgefortz's lightning bolt 'just in time', which is supporting evidence for MHS+.

Between this and my discussion about the Vilgefortz feats off-site I'm willing to accept this.

Apologies on being a bit slow on the uptake here. I'm currently juggling a lot of CRTs and am in the middle of prepping CRTs myself, so it might take a while for me to get back on your Golem example.

Overall, I think that the MHS+ feat list is adequate, for the site's standards on MHS, though. I just want to be careful about which examples we show on the profile as the primary justifications, since from what I understand challenges to this rating will likely come very often.

Any objections anyone? I can still add few words
I am unsure if this was actually discussed, but if Geralt will be keeping this speed rating it should be noted as combat/reaction speed.

A lot of the feats are reactionary and refer to speed of attacks but not direct movement, which there doesn't seem to be any backing for, the current profile is misleading by not specifying where the rating applies and would like this clarified to prevent it coming up in a debate.

I mean it's fine, but then we would need to discuss Geralt's movement speed. Many profiles don't care about movement speed and combat speed being divided. Also a note, this is the speed of entire verse so all profiles will need this (except maybe Gaunter)

I think it's around Subsonic but I could search feats

I mean it's fine, but then we would need to discuss Geralt's movement speed. Many profiles don't care about movement speed and combat speed being divided. Also a note, this is the speed of entire verse so all profiles will need this (except maybe Gaunter)

I think it's around Subsonic but I could search feats
We do try to take note of stuff like flight and travel speed, so I think it's fair to cover movement seeing as how important it can be.
You may be able to react to things fast but it doesn't necessarily give the ability to escape an AoE, so it's always good to clarify and label everything accurately.

>We do try to take note of stuff like flight and travel speed

It's hard to find profiles like that, but if they are done I respect the editors/creators for accuracy.

Subsonic seems best for Geralt, or Subsonic+ if Striga's movement speed is anything impressive (Geralt is comparable)

Yeah Geralt's movement speed is around high tier subsonic, he can leave blurs by running. Good supporting feats would be him being much faster than wolves, dogs, bears et cetera, plus running so fast that a man can't even raise his sword (both feats from The Last Wish)

gQsbJH3.png

So Geralt (and characters scaling to him, because this CRT was for ENTIRE verse) will have Subsonic movement/travel speed and MHS+ combat/reaction speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back