• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While walking through the woods at night, Corey Cunningham spots a teenager running away from a hockey masked killer. However, it isn't Jason Voorhes. It's his copycat counterpart, Roy Burns. Roy notices Corey in the distance and slowly walks towards him, as Corey walks the other way.

Rules:
  • Both are 9-B
  • Both have prior knowledge
  • Speed is equalized
  • Fight takes place in the Davison Residence
  • Both are on opposite sides of the house/mansion
  • Both have no LoS of each other (They lost it)
  • Win via death
Jason Voorhees Junior: 2 (AThe1412, ThePrimalHunter, DaReaperMan)
Michael Myers Junior:
Michael and Jason Intervene (Inconclusive):

Last edited:
This is an AP stomp. Roy is around 500 KJ from fragmenting a wooden door. Cory downscales from a weakened Mike who survived being hit but was knocked out by a car which is around 20 KJ to 30 KJ.

While walking through the woods at night, Corey Cunningham spots a teenager running away from a hockey masked killer. However, it isn't Jason Voorhes. It's his copycat counterpart, Roy Burns. Roy notices Corey in the distance and slowly walks towards him, as Corey walks the other way.

Rules:
  • Both are 9-B
  • Both have prior knowledge
  • Speed is equalized
  • Fight takes place in the Davison Residence
  • Both are on opposite sides of the house/mansion
  • Both have no LoS of each other (They lost it)
  • Win via death
Jason Voorhees Junior: 2 (AThe1412, ThePrimalHunter)
Michael Myers Junior:
Michael and Jason Intervene (Inconclusive):
I don’t know if they are equalized in speed but ok. Corey has better endurance, maybe even better intelligence, and probably faster as well since he disappeared evading people’s sight after his step-dad was shot. I would agree though that Roy is stronger by far, but the thing is that Corey could easily cause him damage through cuts and Roy is clearly affected by those types of damages so Corey most likely wins.

I don’t know if they are equalized in speed but ok. Corey has better endurance, maybe even better intelligence, and probably faster as well since he disappeared evading people’s sight after his step-dad was shot. I would agree though that Roy is stronger by far, but the thing is that Corey could easily cause him damage through cuts and Roy is clearly affected by those types of damages so Corey most likely wins.
Corey could saw his knife on Roy's eye and it'd do no damage. That is the durability gap at play here.

Corey could saw his knife on Roy's eye and it'd do no damage. That is the durability gap at play here.
How so? I don’t recall Roy ever showing any feats that would indicate he can survive something as lethal as a knife in the eye. Matter of fact, Roy has been shown to be affected by cuts with chainsaws or his own machete. Not killed or completely defeated, but is still affected gravely regardless. A stab in the eye would do far worse than that.

How so? I don’t recall Roy ever showing any feats that would indicate he can survive something as lethal as a knife in the eye. Matter of fact, Roy has been shown to be affected by cuts with chainsaws or his own machete. Not killed or completely defeated, but is still affected gravely regardless. A stab in the eye would do far worse than that.
We're not having a repeat of this

That's one very unlikely wincon. If Roy so much as brushes against Corey, Corey ******* dies. And Corey ain't no Ayano so its not like he could avoid getting hit long enough to do any meaningful damage to Roy. A stab in the eye might work, but Corey typically doesn't go for eye stabs, he goes for torso stabs. And that gives Roy plenty of opertunity to ******* vaporize Corey with a single slap

This is a stomp match. Someone please close this thread

We're not having a repeat of this

That's one very unlikely wincon. If Roy so much as brushes against Corey, Corey ******* dies. And Corey ain't no Ayano so its not like he could avoid getting hit long enough to do any meaningful damage to Roy. A stab in the eye might work, but Corey typically doesn't go for eye stabs, he goes for torso stabs. And that gives Roy plenty of opertunity to ******* vaporize Corey with a single slap

This is a stomp match. Someone please close this thread
I do agree that an attack from Roy would very much be lethal but that’s the thing, though. How is he going to attack Corey? Corey has been shown to be far faster than Roy. “A stab in the eye might work” oh no, it won’t just “possibly” work, it will definitely work considering Roy’s durability really isn’t all that good, at least not enough to handle a stab to the eye. We’ve seen how cuts in less important areas can leave him gravely in pain. “Corey doesn’t go for eye stabs typically, he goes for torso stabs” umm…when did Corey stab someone in the torso again? Plus he ACTUALLY stabbed someone in the eye before, plus he’s probably more ruthless in Roy so Corey isn’t gonna play around for much and he’ll go for whatever area he can stab, and he’ll probably stab a vital area as well. Roy is screwed, Corey is far faster with better durability. Didn’t he disappear behind his step-dad completely when there was a fence behind him and we didn’t see him go to the left or right at all either? That’s a clear demonstration of at least superhuman speed in there. Only instance where Roy did something similar was when he appeared from one place to another Jason-style when the final girl was running away. Strength and durability aren’t the only thing at play here. Roy’s physical aspects won’t be of much use when Corey can still cut through him and has a huge advantage in speed.

Corey has been shown to be far faster than Roy
Speed is equal in this match
Corey is far faster with better durability. Didn’t he disappear behind his step-dad completely when there was a fence behind him and we didn’t see him go to the left or right at all either? That’s a clear demonstration of at least superhuman speed in there. Only instance where Roy did something similar was when he appeared from one place to another Jason-style when the final girl was running away. Strength and durability aren’t the only thing at play here. Roy’s physical aspects won’t be of much use when Corey can still cut through him and has a huge advantage in speed.
Again, the OP specified equalized speed

Also, Roy's durability is 500 KJ. He scales to his own AP. Corey is AT MOST 30 KJ for durability. That's a 16.66x diffrence, and that's being generous to Corey

Plus the Halloween Green Timeline is likely getting nerfed to 9-C soon, so this match will be outdated soon anyways

Speed is equal in this match

Again, the OP specified equalized speed

Also, Roy's durability is 500 KJ. He scales to his own AP. Corey is AT MOST 30 KJ for durability. That's a 16.66x diffrence, and that's being generous to Corey

Plus the Halloween Green Timeline is likely getting nerfed to 9-C soon, so this match will be outdated soon anyways
Is speed equal just because or like how does that work?

My bad, I didn’t mean durability, I meant endurance. I spend time in the Spanish side of this community and endurance is referred to as durability so it just stuck with me.

But yeah Roy DOES surpass Corey in strength and durability but that won’t be of much help if his opponent is far faster and would hurt him deeply with a single cut.

Is speed equal just because or like how does that work?
Because it was stated in the Opening Post.
My bad, I didn’t mean durability, I meant endurance. I spend time in the Spanish side of this community and endurance is referred to as durability so it just stuck with me.
Endurance doesn't matter when one part of the equation can't even harm the other.
But yeah Roy DOES surpass Corey in strength and durability but that won’t be of much help if his opponent is far faster and would hurt him deeply with a single cut.
I don't care if Ms. Bitchface harmed Roy because that just means she's somewhat comparable, Corey is at an over 2x one-shot gap disadvantage between his AP and Roy's durability. He can't harm Roy if he sawed his knife on his eye. I'm not repeating this again.

Because it was stated in the Opening Post.

Endurance doesn't matter when one part of the equation can't even harm the other.

I don't care if Ms. Bitchface harmed Roy because that just means she's somewhat comparable, Corey is at an over 2x one-shot gap disadvantage between his AP and Roy's durability. He can't harm Roy if he sawed his knife on his eye. I'm not repeating this again.
Endurance does matter when Roy has been shown to be able to be cut by normal weapons like chainsaws and even his own machete. A superhuman with a large kitchen knife would be more than dangerous against his endurance.

Also what evidence do you have to say that a stab to the eye won’t damage Roy, someone with an endurance that barley allows him to keep going after cuts with machetes or chainsaws in non-lethal areas? Btw, sorry if I sound ignorant but wouldn’t Roy’s door breaking feat be kind of an outlier? I mean does he really have any other feat to back up that he could suddenly produce 0.5 mj?

Also if the whole rules of the post are that both are equalized in speed despite the obvious difference in feats, then that just seems stupid to me. I’m still relatively new to Vsbw but by that logic I can make a match of my own and change the rules how I want them to be completely ignoring feats.

But if that’s valid here then ok. I guess if both are equalized in speed then Roy does win.

Endurance does matter when Roy has been shown to be able to be cut by normal weapons like chainsaws and even his own machete. A superhuman with a large kitchen knife would be more than dangerous against his endurance.
Doesn't matter with this big of an AP gap
Btw, sorry if I sound ignorant but wouldn’t Roy’s door breaking feat be kind of an outlier? I mean does he really have any other feat to back up that he could suddenly produce 0.5 mj?
Roy can harm Tommy Jarvis who can harm the normal Jason who is also a doorbuster
Also if the whole rules of the post are that both are equalized in speed despite the obvious difference in feats, then that just seems stupid to me. I’m still relatively new to Vsbw but by that logic I can make a match of my own and change the rules how I want them to be completely ignoring feats.
Equalising Speed is a pretty common thing on this wiki, as it allows for a fun and interesting debate between 2 characters that are diffrent speeds without people saying "Character A wins because Speed Bitz" and stuff liek that

See what Primal said.
Also what evidence do you have to say that a stab to the eye won’t damage Roy, someone with an endurance that barley allows him to keep going after cuts with machetes or chainsaws in non-lethal areas?
Because piercing damage doesn't work like that. If someone harms Roy, even with a blade, they scale to him. This also requires Corey to not be cut in half as soon as the fight gets to melee.
Btw, sorry if I sound ignorant but wouldn’t Roy’s door breaking feat be kind of an outlier? I mean does he really have any other feat to back up that he could suddenly produce 0.5 mj?
Also what Primal said, Tommy scales to Living Jason who's also got doorbusting feats
Speed Equal exists so Matches can actually be done to a decent degree, BUT if a naturally slower character beats the faster character with speed amps, that match can't be added.

See Versus Thread Rules for further info

Also the difference between Baseline Athletic Human and Baseline Peak Human is like 1.3 or 1.4x so it's a barely there speed advantage for Corey lol

See what Primal said.

Because piercing damage doesn't work like that. If someone harms Roy, even with a blade, they scale to him. This also requires Corey to not be cut in half as soon as the fight gets to melee.

Also what Primal said, Tommy scales to Living Jason who's also got doorbusting feats

Speed Equal exists so Matches can actually be done to a decent degree, BUT if a naturally slower character beats the faster character with speed amps, that match can't be added.

See Versus Thread Rules for further info

Also the difference between Baseline Athletic Human and Baseline Peak Human is like 1.3 or 1.4x so it's a barely there speed advantage for Corey lol
There are wall level characters who also get stabbed consistently and shot by weapons like knives and guns. The reason such weapons can do that is because they’re piercing a small fragment rather than the whole thing. If normal humans have been able to cut Roy then so can a superhuman.

Also, all that you did was just look up the Vsbw profile for Corey. That profile is MAD wrong. Classified as possibly wall level for being comparable to an obviously weaker Michael. Also gave him peak human in lifting strength when in reality the Michael he wrested with, in the state he was, didn’t surpass athletic in lifting strength. Also gave him peak human speed for “being comparable to Michael” (again) when in reality he has a feat that could easily make him superhuman in speed. He disappeared behind his stepfather as he got shot in an instant, in maybe like, 1 or 2 seconds at most? We never even saw Corey move to the left or right either and there was a fence behind him. Yet he still managed to disappear Michael-style.

There are wall level characters who also get stabbed consistently and shot by weapons like knives and guns. The reason such weapons can do that is because they’re piercing a small fragment rather than the whole thing. If normal humans have been able to cut Roy then so can a superhuman.
I'm not going to argue in circles mate, scream into a box, I made my points and I stand by them, it's on you if you want to listen or not.
Also, all that you did was just look up the Vsbw profile for Corey. That profile is MAD wrong. Classified as possibly wall level for being comparable to an obviously weaker Michael. Also gave him peak human in lifting strength when in reality the Michael he wrested with, in the state he was, didn’t surpass athletic in lifting strength. Also gave him peak human speed for “being comparable to Michael” (again) when in reality he has a feat that could easily make him superhuman in speed. He disappeared behind his stepfather as he got shot in an instant, in maybe like, 1 or 2 seconds at most? We never even saw Corey move to the left or right either and there was a fence behind him. Yet he still managed to disappear Michael-style.
The thing about VS Threads is that we have to go by the profiles, would you like to know how you can properly rework Corey's profile? I can tell you how things like references work, but I ain't gonna watch le fookin movie to do it myself, because bluntly put I am not that guy to revise something I'm not interested in.

Doesn't matter with this big of an AP gap

Roy can harm Tommy Jarvis who can harm the normal Jason who is also a doorbuster

Equalising Speed is a pretty common thing on this wiki, as it allows for a fun and interesting debate between 2 characters that are diffrent speeds without people saying "Character A wins because Speed Bitz" and stuff liek that
Does matter when physical AP is essentially useless against someone who blitzes you

Tommy was literally just standing there and doing nothing and I think it’s pretty consistent at this point that most slashers, wall level or not, get pierced by sharp weapons and bullets regardless. Idk why this is even a discussion point. A wall level character getting consistently slashed by characters below him should really just be accepted as something normal, because otherwise nearly every other character in the same verse can be comparable to, for example, Jason or Michael, who consistently get stabbed by regular characters no matter who they are. It’s not a matter of them being comparable, it’s just the rules of the verse. Writers don’t think about AP, logic, or power scaling.

And if that’s how these posts go then ok. I can’t do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back