• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crash Bandicoot and continuity

When talking about continuity from the Crash Bandicoot franchise, there has been two mainstream continuations post-Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, two that I would like to list as:

Classic Timeline

Games that do not follow the 100% ending of Crash 3, with notable installments being Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, Crash Twinsanity, Crash of the Titans, Crash: Mind over Mutants and a wide number of handheld games before the N-Sane Trilogy collection.

N. Sane Timeline

The N. Sane continuation is referred to the name Toys for Bob used for their take on Crash Bandicoot when remaking the trilogy with their installment Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time taking place after the 100% ending of warped other games afterwards.

The reason why this is the case is because Crash 4 ignores events that originally happened post-Crash 3, with the example of Crunch not being present in the game, making the scaling to Crunch for N-Sane problematic because he never faced him in this continuation, nor are the feats present, and no Crash 4: It's About Time doesn't take place after Mind Over Mutant either.

I think it's best that there should be different profiles for both mainstream versions of Crash, especially for N. Sane Tawna who never had any encounter with Crunch Bandicoot.

However there is a timeline confliction that is challenging for me to decide on if it belongs on both continuities being Crash Team Racing and it's Nitro Fueled edition, although the characters feats are exclusive to racing in the game, and may be it's own timeline all together, it is difficult to determine on if It's even apart of the Classic and N. Sane continuation of the series, and while it likely takes place after Crash 3, any racing game may not follow the Classic and N. Sane take post 3.

With all that being said, feel free to give out your opinion on this, especially on installments that conflict their place in both timelines.

Last edited:
@Antvasima Also looking back on Crash Team Racing, it can't be part of the N-Sane timeline, as Neo Cortex and N.Tropy were literally babies in between Crash 3 and 4, and were in a different timeline in between those events, even for Nitro Fueled this would be chronologically impossible, so none of the racing games are part the N-Sane timeline.

Last edited:
I think a split continuity is fine.
I agree too but the question to the split timelines is what are the canon and non-canon installments that were published during the Pre N-Sane timeline?

While Wrath of Cortex, Twinsanity, Crash of the Titans and Mind over Mutant are part of the classic continuity, many fans wondered if the spinoff and handhelds are canon to classic Crash, though I would say they maybe semi-canon to classic Crash but they definitely don't fit with N-Sane Crash.

Crash On the Run maybe be it's own thing as well or somehow composited with the Classic and N-Sane timeline though that's more under assumption and likely too confusing for Toys for Bob to allow, though it could be canon to the N-Sane timelime.

Last edited:
Multiple canons seem to be in place here, yes, although generally scans would be used for this kind of stuff, rather than just verbal mentions with no citations.

Here's how it can be applied.

Crash Bandicoot (Classic Timeline)

Crash Bandicoot to Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back to Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped to Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex to Crash Twinsanity to Crash of the Titans of the Titans to Crash: Mind over Mutant

Crash Bandicoot (N. Sane Timeline)

To give reason on why I am using this name is because it was used for the Remake collection known as N. Sane trilogy which may happen for Spyro with his Reignited Trilogy.

Crash Bandicoot to Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back to Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped to Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About TIme.

Crash Bandicoot (Classic Spinoffs)

This list is attached to the Classic Crash games that have some ambiguity on how they fit into the Classic Timeline canon, therefore these installments are left up to interpretation.

Crash Bandicoot (99x)
Crash Anywhere
Crash Bash
Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure to Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced
Crash & Spyro - Crash Purple/Spyro Orange - Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage - Spyro Orange: The Cortex Conspiracy
Crash Bandicoot (Mobile)
Crash Boom Bang!
Chokkan♪ Crash Bandicoot
Crash Racing Games
Crash Team Racing/ Crash Team Team Racing: Nitro Fueled
Crash Nitro Kart
Crash Tag Team Racing

Crash Bandicoot (N. Sane Spinoffs)

The same reasons for the Classic spinoff installments

Crash Bandicoot: On the Run!
Crash Team Rumble (Not yet released but will likely fall under the same category)

Last edited:
@Lonkitt

Please do not delete any regular threads without asking other staff members first. Blatant inflammatory troll threads are another issue.

Digging up on some more research on how the timeline works Crash Bandicoot: The Great Adventure may continue off from The Wrath of Cortex (TWOC) following the ending Crash not getting a 100% with Twinsanity following the 100% ending of TWOC, and The Great Adventure has a sequel with N-Tranced.

So we got:

Crash Bandicoot (Classic)

Crash Bandicoot (The Great Adventure/TBA)

Crash Bandicoot (N. Sane)

Note: From what I've heard Skylanders Crash continues off from Twinsanity, so maybe from 1, 2,3,TWOC, and Twinsanity the feats might be included there?

It looks fine but I'm not knowledgeable at all on the verse.

That said, scans and citations for all claims here should be posted.

It's a bit difficult to evaluate this without references in the OP, especially as someone not very familiar with the verse.

Assuming what the OP says is correct, though, this would be a justified change.

To show how Crash 3 100% ending goes, here it is

Crash 4 picks up from this

While Wrath of Cortex ignores the 100% Crash 3 ending

It seems like our staff members have accepted this revision, but I am not certain.

Also, do you have a sufficient number of accepted calculations to scale all of our wiki character pages from the separated continuities?

@Antvasima
The classic continuity already has Crash Bandicoot to be properly based on his feats on Wrath of Cortex being City Level, but N. Crash's would likely range in Tier 9-B/9-A, the reason for this because is because Crash 4: It's About Time doesn't have feats as strong as Wrath of Cortex.

The stats feats plan that I have listed out would be this:

Power and Abilities: Please due note that I am just including the powers Crash has gained in It's About Tail from the Quantum Masks, and also N. Sane Cortex should these powers too since he used them in the final battle of the game, however I am going to need your help with classifying what these powers and actually categorized as.

Lan-Loli: His power can cause objects to phase out of existence.

Akano: This mask can make a spinning tornedo from Dark Matter manipulation.

Kupuna-Wa: Her capability is to slow down time and may possibly be able to be omnipresent as she states she can see everything.

Ika-Ika: The last mask can shift gravity upside down

Attack Potency/Striking Strength: Wall Level (Can destroy Boulders thrown by Koala Kong)

Speed: Supersonic (Can dodge Pinstripes machine gun.)

Lifting Strength is Unknown: I could not properly find a lifting strength feat for Crash 1-4 in the N. Sane continuity, plus even if the feat is from the trilogy, I cannot find it on his profile because GIPHY states that the content is not available.

Last edited:
@Antvasima Also looking back on Crash Team Racing, it can't be part of the N-Sane timeline, as Neo Cortex and N.Tropy were literally babies in between Crash 3 and 4, and were in a different timeline in between those events, even for Nitro Fueled this would be chronologically impossible, so none of the racing games are part the N-Sane timeline.
Uh, the thing is here is Crash Team Racing, both original and Nitro-Fueled, ignored Warped's ending of Cortex and Tropy being babies regardless of if it were original Warped or N. Sane Warped. Also, by that logic, Wrath of Cortex onwards wouldn't fit in the original timeline since Wrath of Cortex itself is a ludonarrative dissonance just like CTR (bear in mind, Crash 4: It's About Time explicitly shown direct continuity from Warped unlike Wrath of Cortex. I say that having owned and played through both Wrath of Cortex and the N. Sane versions of the original trilogy).

@Antvasima
The classic continuity already has Crash Bandicoot to be properly based on his feats on Wrath of Cortex being City Level, but N. Crash's would likely range in Tier 9-B/9-A, the reason for this because is because Crash 4: It's About Time doesn't have feats as strong as Wrath of Cortex.
Okay. That is probably fine then, if you or somebody else here are willing and capable of properly applying these revisions.
The stats feats plan that I have listed out would be this:

Power and Abilities: Please due note that I am just including the powers Crash has gained in It's About Tail from the Quantum Masks, and also N. Sane Cortex should these powers too since he used them in the final battle of the game, however I am going to need your help with classifying what these powers and actually categorized as.

Lan-Loli: His power can cause objects to phase out of existence.
Existence erasure or just battlefield removal teleportation?
Akano: This mask can make a spinning tornedo from Dark Matter manipulation.
Air manipulation?
Kupuna-Wa: Her capability is to slow down time and may possibly be able to be omnipresent as she states she can see everything.
Limited time manipulation and clairvoyance.
Ika-Ika: The last mask can shift gravity upside down
Gravity manipulation.
Attack Potency/Striking Strength: Wall Level (Can destroy Boulders thrown by Koala Kong)

Speed: Supersonic (Can dodge Pinstripes machine gun.)

Lifting Strength is Unknown: I could not properly find a lifting strength feat for Crash 1-4 in the N. Sane continuity, plus even if the feat is from the trilogy, I cannot find it on his profile because GIPHY states that the content is not available.
This seems fine as placeholder values, but it would be best if @Flashlight237 or another calc group member calculates the relevant feats in a blog post first.

Back