• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crash Bandicoot: Reworked

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
Our current understanding is that the Toys for Bob canon takes place in a different timeline than the mainline canon. This has been confirmed.

The way we handle the profiles now is messy. Crash is composited with his two timeline counterparts, when I believe the TFB canon should deserve it's own profile.

But that's not all I'm proposing.

In the original games, it's a main staple that Crash gets one-shot by literally anything and he is obviously very much weaker than he is in the modern games, where he can take more hits and is capable of higher level feats. Thus I'm proposing for our original profiles that Crash would be separated into two keys. Classic and Modern, with the latter beginning with Wrath of Cortex.

Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

I'm a little confused with starting the modern key with WOC considering the next game has a better justification for being the start of the modern key with the 3 year timeskip but I still agree nevertheless, definitely agree with the profile split though

I´m a bit iffy in considering The Wrath of Cortex as canon to the mainline games due to the start of the game completely ignoring the end of Crash 3

The interview states that the events "after" Crash 3 (Such as "The Wrath of Cortex") happened in another timelines, so i think it´s better we just composite the first 3 original and remastered games (Since they are pretty much the same thing) + Crash 4 and then separate The Wrath of Cortex and other games from the main continuity

I've been having more problems with Tob (Toys for Bob) being tied with Classic Crash than Remake Resident Evil with Original Resident Evil, the games past Warped, and maybe PS1 Team Racing has erased more continuity than Disney Canon has with Legends Canon Star Wars, this is totally neccessary.

Agree.

I´m a bit iffy in considering The Wrath of Cortex as canon to the mainline games due to the start of the game completely ignoring the end of Crash 3

The interview states that the events "after" Crash 3 (Such as "The Wrath of Cortex") happened in another timelines, so i think it´s better we just composite the first 3 original and remastered games (Since they are pretty much the same thing) + Crash 4 and then separate The Wrath of Cortex and other games from the main continuity
I'm pretty sure the reason why Wrath of Cortex was accepted was because it's part of non-100 percent endings, while It's About Time is only part of the 100 percent ending.

Problem with that. Cortex directly references Wrath of Cortex in Twinsanity and from games going forward, Crunch who is introduced in that game is a mainstay character.
That would be a bit messier. TFB already has a jumping on point with the N Sane Trilogy so lumping that in with the original games would be unnecessary. This timeline is much cleaner.

Problem with that. Cortex directly references Wrath of Cortex in Twinsanity and from games going forward, Crunch who is introduced in that game is a mainstay character.
Does Crunch appears at Crash 4?

That would be a bit messier. TFB already has a jumping on point with the N Sane Trilogy so lumping that in with the original games would be unnecessary. This timeline is much cleaner.
Why tough? Aren´t they pretty much the same?

I... Was arguing that in the first comment that you quoted
Ok so.

I am considering the mainline continuity the original continuity that spans from Crash 1 to Mind over Mutant.

I am considering the Toys for Bob canon a thing on it’s own.

The Mainline Crash Canon: Crash 1 - Crash 2 - Warped - Team Racing - Crash Bash - Wrath of Cortex - Huge Adventure - N Tranced - Nitro Kart - Twinsanity - Tag Team Racing - Crash Of the Titans - Mind over Mutant

Mainline Crash will have separate keys starting at Wrath of Cortex because of the stat jump and general difference in creative visions. It’s a 9-B to High 6-C jump and Crash constantly gets one shot by 9-B stuff in the original trilogy so this key separation will make it more believable.

The Toys for Bob Canon: N-Sane Trilogy - Crash 4 - Crash Team Rumble

Simple enough to explain.

Crunch and bunch of post-WoC characters do have cameo appearances in Its About Time, but due to them being cameos it might not count as being truly canon I guess.

In the other thread I did talk about canonicity of the series via an interview, that was done after the one mentioned in the OP.

At 14:38:

And we also wrote dialogue in the way to make sure that this game was very self-aware and was making reference to its own past, the fact that it is a game that it has a history like this joke that's kind of acknowledging the fact that it's ignoring some of the other sequels that are coming after this in its chronological timeline.
I guess this thread can talk about this?

Crash 4IAT is a bit messy, because I certainly do believe there was intentions of it ignoring post-ND games. However, as mentioned in this interview, they do consider other sequels happening later. Thats what the cameos would imply as well. 4IAT would be a "midquel" of sorts.

And really, the only thing that would make 4IAT not work as midquel is status of Dingodile retiring as a villain, but even that doesn't inherently mean he couldnt be a villain again. Hell, the interview in the OP also uses "but they may have happened in other alternate timelines", which really isn't definitive either.

I kinda dont like separating TfB Canon because its honestly messy and not definitive enough to say that they are truly different. We have 2 different interviews implying different canons, but the newer one implies same canon while the old one used "may" which really isn't definitive.

...Aaaand just now doing more research, the mobile game Crash on the Run! kind of seals the deal. It features Twinsanity & Titans characters as well as IAT's Female N. Tropy in the same game, also implying that these are connected in some way.

As for the og intention of this thread? I dont think IAT has feats that scale on Tier 6 range, so it could be included in pre-WoC key fine.

Ok so.

I am considering the mainline continuity the original continuity that spans from Crash 1 to Mind over Mutant.

I am considering the Toys for Bob canon a thing on it’s own.

The Mainline Crash Canon: Crash 1 - Crash 2 - Warped - Team Racing - Crash Bash - Wrath of Cortex - Huge Adventure - N Tranced - Nitro Kart - Twinsanity - Tag Team Racing - Crash Of the Titans - Mind over Mutant

Mainline Crash will have separate keys starting at Wrath of Cortex because of the stat jump and general difference in creative visions. It’s a 9-B to High 6-C jump and Crash constantly gets one shot by 9-B stuff in the original trilogy so this key separation will make it more believable.

The Toys for Bob Canon: N-Sane Trilogy - Crash 4 - Crash Team Rumble

Simple enough to explain.
Ok then

I´m in agreement with TMaakkonen´s view of the thread

Back