• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Creating a profile without an image?.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I can't find a usable image for a character I plan on adding to the wiki. Is it necessary to add an image for the character?.

Don't think is completely necessary, wouldn't even compare to unknown ratings. I also watched few profiles with no pictures.

@lapitus

Sadly I can't find a single good image for the character in his normal state with the exception of one and it doesn't fit the format we allow.

If there's literally no usable images of the character (or something directly linked to the character for ambiguous characters, like The Gentle Pull) then is it really relevant enough to be added?

GyroNutz said:
If there's literally no usable images of the character (or something directly linked to the character for ambiguous characters, like The Gentle Pull) then is it really relevant enough to be added?
Nah, not relevant. I'd agree on the image addition being unnecessary if there are no usable images.

A lot of book characters don't have artwork. There's a bunch of people in 40k or the Destiny lore that have no official art. Hell, Mag'ladroth the Void Drago doesn't have official pictures, the strongest of all the C'Tan. The pic on the file is some color shifted guild wars boss.

In short, not having a picture doesn't make you not notable enough for the site.

Again, if there's literally no relevant official art, let alone nobody who has drawn a decent depiction of the character and posted it in the entire internet, I don't think that character would be relevant enough.

Just by searching Mag'ladroth the Void Dragon into google I found a bunch of images of him. Official? Probably not, but they exist.

Those are fanmade models.

For another example: Spear, the Black Pariah, is a central antagonist of Nemesis. There's no art for him I could find anywhere, but he's an integral part of that book so to say he's barred from the site due to not having a pic is really weird.

There isn't a problem with fanart, and using a guild wars boss makes even less sense, but i'm not sure if we should use the tg models based off of an interpretation. I'd prefer it to the current one since the current one is totally unrelated.

For those of you wondering who the character I'm referring to is. It's a guy named Beiloune from the game Okage: Shadow King.

Look him up for yourself. He has two drawn images. One which is him as a butler (which isn't his real appearance) and one of him in his real form (red outfit) but like I said it doesn't allow me to upload that image. If someone can find an image of him that be great, if not np.

It doesn't let you upload that image? Maybe try saving the image as a different file format?

I tried but it doesn't work for me, I change the format but it doesn't register it.

That's the one!. For some reason it didn't allow me to upload that image no matter what I did.

@Cirun Fortes

No, you are correct, that is him after he gave himself a power up and transformed.

Back