• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dalamadur, Zorah Magdaros and Xeno'Jiiva buffs

GimmyJibbsJr

They/Them
So, I went looking through the good old Ecology and Lore blog for Monster Hunter again and found some fairly interesting information.

Link: https://monsterhunter.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:BannedLagiacrus/Elder_Dragon_Discussion#Dalamadur

In the section for Dalamadur, we see the statement "Dalamadur is able to destroy whole mountains and valleys. Its also believed that the damage it causes could affect the whole world."

This shouldn't be too much of a surprise, as we already know that Dalamadur can shift tectonic plates and such. But it's worth noting as it plays into another thing I found.

In the Shah Dalamadur section, as seen here (https://monsterhunter.fandom.com/wi...iacrus/Elder_Dragon_Discussion#Shah_Dalamadur), it states "The Shah Dalamadur's tail rips the air and sky with fire. It gouges the land with its immense strength, shaking the earth in fire."

So we have a statement that says that Shah Dalamadur can shake the Earth, as well as a previous statement backing this up by stating that the Dalamadur's strength can affect the entire world. According to Mr. Bambu, shaking the planet is usually considered to be High 6-A. And if this is the case, that would mean Zorah Magdaros scales to this (it we already scale the AP of these two monsters off of each other), and Xeno is also flat out superior to it, so it also gets the High 6-A buff.

I've already looked at this, I believe this does qualify them for a legitimate "At least __, likely __" rating. High 6-A is our value for shaking the world currently.

I agree to this. It's not a stretch for them to be High 6-A.

I'll say Hunter's minor abilities I wanted to add too.

Self-Sustenance Type 1 - In MH3, there's a skill that grants ability to be no longer needed to breathe underwater.

Resistance to Vibration and Matter - Managed to resist Malfestio's sonic beam, which deconstruct matter on an atomic level, as seen with its sleep gas.

all of this looks pretty good and honestly im not even shock by it i will wait for more input but i agree with the upgrades

continues to be right here

Also should these new Multi Continent buffs be added, I'm 100% making a Buttercup (Power Puff Girls Z) vs Dalamadur. Their AP would be nearly perfectly even at that point if you were to use Multi Continent tags lol

Oh. Yeah this should have enough support- staff (technically the nega-staff but still) have seen it and most active supporters have too.

Anyways, pages that need revised:

The Hunter: High rank key becomes "At least Low 6-B, likely 6-B, possibly High 6-A", basically losing the 6-A rating.

Zorah Magdaros: Becomes "At least 6-B, possibly High 6-A"

Xeno'Jiiva: Becomes "At least 6-A, possibly High 6-A"

Dalamadur: Becomes "At least 6-B, possibly High 6-A"

Doesn't affect anyone else since very few characters scale. Since this has been accepted, I'm gonna apply the changes if nobody else will (I'll wait for Gimmy since he made the thread and it's his research, if he wants the credit or whatever)

Xeno'Jiiva should be High 6-A solid. Him sucking energy of two Dalamadurs and has energy that sustain a continent for decades are the evidences.

Also "shaking the world on fire" does that mean he shook the world and turned it into fire? If it is, then Dalamadur is higher to the High 6-A then we thought.

I mean, looking at it again, Shah's entry would technically imply both shaking the earth while it is all on fire? When it says "shaking the earth in fire", I get the idea that Dalamadur is performing both feats at the same time, as both come as a result of one tail slam. Shah Dalamadur is capable of both shaking the earth and setting fire to the whole thing at the same time, it would seem. We MIGHT have to see how much energy setting the whole planet on fire would cause? Up to you guys.

Xeno should probs be High 6-A flat out, honestly. Since we consider it stronger than Zorah and Dalamaudr iirc, it should probably just be High 6-A.

Okay, fair enough.

Also question, since I'm not sure how it works exactly and I'm just curious...

Would you take the amount of energy needed to shake the planet (in this case, the High 6-A thing) and simply add it to the amount of energy needed for setting fire to a whole planet? I only ask because it seems to be performing one attack that causes both things to occur at the same time, and therefore both values should be attributed at the same time (at least that's how it seems in my head).

I guess? Shaking the planet is more notable imo but it won't leave High 6-A.

I just tried searching VSBW for any calcs involving setting planets on fire and not gonna lie? Kinda shocked that nobody calced how much energy it takes to set the surface of the planet on fire lol

I can do it later.

Why do you assume that? And even if that's true, setting entire planet in fire was I think 1 exaton so it's still High 6-A nonetheless.

The species itself has several statements about it being able to terraform regions in order to create new habitats such as valleys and several involving mountains. Assuming a single one can actually set the planet in flames or actually shake the entire thing outside of the region it's in is a pretty big strech...it's pretty much a metaphor unless we assume they can also light the entire sky on fire as well via that same statement.

Xeno'jiiva powered a continent, quite literally, via life force

High 6-A ain't a stretch

Hell, the bioenergy are basically leftovers. And every EDs can fuel continent for decades with it. In fact, even Akantor has High 6-A statement. Dalamadur being High 6-A isn't stretch.

Thankfully i'm specifically talking about the Dalamadur, you're assuming the highest level interperation possible when the other statements don't imply High 6-A involving this creature.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Thankfully i'm specifically talking about the Dalamadur, you're assuming the highest level interperation possible when the other statements don't imply High 6-A involving this creature.
What implies High 6-A is that A. other creatures of comparable threat do have 6-A feats, as I just pointed out, and B. the lore saying it has a High 6-A feat pretty clearly

"Its claws are very powerful and with one swing kill anything in its way. The claws can also can destroy the land and even cause rocks of old mountains to collapse."

This isn't High 6-A.

"Dalamadur is able to destroy whole mountains and valleys. Its also believed that the damage it causes could affect the whole world."

This is likely not as well, it's just talking about the effects that destroying valleys and mountains have.

"Its tail is used like a whip and just by slamming it, it can cause an earthquake."

This is vague, but it's prob pretty powerful since it can destroy mountains.

"Dalamadur is believed to be the creator of the Heaven's Mount from its digging and climbing on the mountains. The legend suggest that there is more than one Dalamadur and that the area became unstable from them. Its also unlikely that the area formed naturally over years and their is damage in the mountains that seemed to have only been caused by Dalamadur."

More feats involving damaging mountains.

"It turns out the Dalamadur was actually ripping through the mountains due to its old skin irritating it sometime before it could actually shed into its new skin. So Dalamadur unintentionally makes more habitats and homes for monsters that live in the mountains of the Siki Country."

More feats involving mountains.

"From digging in Speartip Crag, Dalamadur have caused some hot springs to open up in some parts of the mountain."

Terraforming portions of mountains into hot springs.

"Its claws are burning hot to the touch and quite comparable to a star."

Not High 6-A since the heat of the sun is pretty weak.

"The Shah Dalamadur's tail rips the air and sky with fire. It gouges the land with its immense strength, shaking the earth in fire."

It has a statement that it can make earthquakes, shaking the "earth" is likely a follow up of that statement.

Roughly 6 of these aren't High 6-A based off description.

oof

The first one denotes that it is considered incredibly powerful. But yeah, ignore that.

The second one refers to Dalamadur- not Shah Dalamadur.

Same for this.

Yep.

Literally the one statement on Shah Dalamadur is High 6-A. Your point?

They're the same species, the only difference is that it's molting now.

The point is the species doesn't have any solid High 6-A feat, and that isn't the only statement for Shah Dalamadur specifically.

"Its Thousand Blade Scales are hot and burn the mountain with each scale put into the mountain."

"Its claws are burning hot to the touch and quite comparable to a star."

" The Shah Dalamadur's tail rips the air and sky with fire. It gouges the land with its immense strength, shaking the earth in fire."

The last one is up to interperation and assuming it's the entire planet being set on fire is a massive strech.

You mean it doesn't have any solid High 6-A feat aside from the one it does in the lore.

The other feats aren't restricting him from higher tiers, and the heat in the center of a star is still Tier 6. Being higher in Tier 6 isn't a stretch.

That star statement isn't anti-feat at all. It's not unreliable, why do we assume it? There are two High 6-A feats and support from MHW storyline make High 6-A Dalamadur not any stretch.

Okay but like

Even if not center of the star

None of that actually restricts them from being High 6-A

Yeah none of that changes the fact that

a) Zorah Magdaros, a monster considered roughly comparable to Dalamadur, has a release of energy upon death that is almost Continent Level (It's literally Country level+). This is done when it is basically on its death bed and not at all healthy, as it had come to the New World in order to literally die there, so it is implied to be FAR more powerful than that Country Level+ feat. On top of this, Xeno had been powering an entire continent for decades.

b) Other, lesser Elder Dragons have consistent Island Level feats (AKA Tier 6) and Dalamadur effortlessly dwarfs monsters like them not just in size, but in its perceived power level. On top of that, Kushala Daora has an almost casual Small Country Level+ and Dala is still easily superior. So again, more Tier 6 scaling.

c) Lore outright states that Dala can, at least, shake the whole world. None of the lesser feats of Dalamadur somehow stop this world shaking feat from being legitimate, especially when there are other Tier 6 feats, as well as ones that already make it clear that a level of power at High 6-A is actually not out of the question/not far fetched.

I just messaged Darkanine about it, so hopefully he'll come by and give his thoughts on the matter.

Back