• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dalek revisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FanofRPGs

VS Battles
Retired
I find the Dalek page extremely lacking, with not enough explanation and it only focuses on one era and not all of them. I found a respect thread for them

https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...and-source-thread.298198/page-3#post-14524470

Standard Daleks

They should be 9-A without shielding, as a rocket launcher can kill an Imperial Dalek. So pre-time war daleks and daleks without shielding are 9-A

With their shields, they can tank this

DOCTOR: "Because I'm here. How did it get to Earth? Does anyone know?"

GODDARD: "The records say it came from the sky like a meteorite. It fell to Earth on the Ascension Islands. Burnt in its crater for three days before anybody could get near it and all that time it was screaming. It must have gone insane."

DOCTOR: "It must have fallen through time. The only survivor."

The dalek hit the earth like a meteor, using Colonel Krukov's values for the daleks and using titanium as its mass, I would get the kinetic energy to be 8-B

Dalek Gunsticks should be upgraded

"And you know how those Dalek guns work, don't you? On full power, they can blast a human being to atoms in a split second. But they never do that. Every Dalek dials down the power on its gun-stick to the specific level that will kill a human being. Then they lower the power just a tiny bit further, so that the beam burns away the central nervous system from the outsside in, meaning that every huuman bieng dies in agony. So it takes a full two to three seconds for a Dalek to exterminate one of us-and that's deliberate."

Their gunsticks can atomize people, but they choose to just kill them in an agonizing fashion

So they should be like this

AP: 9-A | 8-C as Paradigm Daleks | Whatever tier is needed to atomize a perso

Durability: 9-A | 9-A, 8-B with shielding

Dalek Ships

Standard Dalek weapons can destroy planets pre-time war. Here is a quote from Remembrence of the Daleks

GILMORE: "It would be foolish of me, I suppose, to hope that this mothership was not nuclear capable?"

DOCTOR: "That ship has weapons capable of cracking open this planet like an egg."

Planet Splitter, which are described as old, can do this

"Arkheon was one of the planets that fell victim to the First Dalek Incursion,' Scrum explained. 'I think it was hit by one of thsoe old planet-splitters. I was only a kid at the time.

Complelty destroyed?'

Yes.

"What, completely completely?

Yes.
"

Here is another quote

"The Dalek planet-splitters do exactly what they say on the tin,' remarked the Doctor. 'That's all you're left with: bits and pieces and a big, lifeless chunk of rock floating in space."

And another

"Attack Spearhead now entering outer galactic sectors. Heavy concentration of asteroid fields indicate massed planetary destruction. Radiation readings indicate destruction caused by Dalek weaponary."

Lastly, Photon Impellers

"Chris added his support to Felice. 'Any destination is better than here.' He pointed at the 'scope screen, where all three saucers were firing incandescent streams of orange light at Charon: photon impellers, capable of reducing a planetary crust to ionized plasma within minutes."

So their standard weapons should be 5-B

The feat for them destroying stars is the new Dalek Paradigm

Dalek weapons during the Time War could easily break TARDISes

"The Time Lords had no time to react. Not a single one was able to dematerialise before the Dalekweapons cracked them open like tin cans, spilling their insides into the cold vacuum of space.The Doctor roared, slamming his fists into the controls and sending the TARDIS spinning sidewaysin an evasive action that saved his life. Nevertheless, the TARDIS caught a glancing blow on her rightflank and was sent into a wild spin. With the stabilisers unable to compensate, the Doctor slammed tothe floor, rolling off the central dais as the ship juddered."

They were planning on blasting planets off at a kinetic energy 50 times faster than light

"Doctor: "They want to fire a thousand planets at fifty times the speed of light right at Gallifrey."

That is high 4-C

Furthermore, they have Neutron Strike weapons

"Light years of surrounding space gets devastated. Other suns get disrupted. Orbits change. Planets collide or their orbits decay. If it's a full star collapse, then theres a black hole."

"The beam of ion-charged particles that was being blasted into the star. The beam that was turning it neutron. The beam that was a weapon. A weapon I now realised the Daleks had tested - along with their defense against similar technology - when I was on Astronomar."

They are able to disrupt stars over several light years and cause black holes, and can beam ions to turn stars into Neutron Stars, that should be 4-B

So, what I suggest for their ships is 5-B Pre-Time War | High 4-C during Time War | 4-C as new Dalek Paradigm | 4-B to 4-A with Neutron Strikes

Other Additions

Add the following abilties

• Matter manipulation (Can create generators that funnel Z-Neutrinos, create neutron-based weapons)
  • Nanotechnology ("The Doctor raised his eyebrows. 'Ingenious. It'd have to act fast, though. It would take an extremely aggressive MDV to beat the automatic self-repair molecules that make up the bonded polycarbide.")
  • Adaptation via this Nanotechnology ("Cuttin' Edge was peering carefully at the head and neck section of the Dalek. 'What I don't understand is why the thing didnt work this time. I had it point-blank. Should've rusted its damn head clean off. Well, your weapons are smart all right,' said the Doctor, 'but the Daleks are smarter. Their armour learns and adapts. By the time your metal-eating virus was chewing its way through the first Dalek, it was already analyzing the damage and transmitting emergency defense protocols so its mates wouldn't get caught out in the same way.")
Add to their intelligence that the Doctor Stated they could break 1000 billion calculations in one second flat

A higher tier Dalek, Dalek X could do this

"Dalek X extended his suction arm and manipulated the locking mechanism, burning through the simple computer it contained using several million potential combinations in less than a second. The door slid slowly open."

In Remembrance, the Daleks have systems which can detect weapons and other objects in nanoseconds, could be added to their intelligence

"The focus of the warrior's attention sharpened, shooting into the infra-red spectrum. The figures became luminous, shifting patches of red; they carried hard metal objects which in a nanosecond the battle computer identified as weapons."

Notable Daleks

• Dalek Emperor
  • Cult of Skaros
-Sec

-Caan

-Jast

-Thay

Rusty

"Metaltron"

Supreme Dalek

The Reality Bomb is NOT standard, it is literally the opposite of standard, Davros calls in the culmination of his entire life's work. It is the strongest (Or one of the them) weapon of Doctor Who. That barely sounds "standard to me"

Here is what the page would look like

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XIamUkzJ0vDiyRs1S4J7l7LZizN0PFWy6IuWynq4Ohc/edit?usp=sharing

What do you think of these revisions?

Don't Dalek shielding scale to their AP?

There's several instances like the cult of skaro being able to destroy each other and Rusty managed to obliterate other Daleks.

Colonel Krukov said:
Don't Dalek shielding scale to their AP?
There's several instances like the cult of skaro being able to destroy each other and Rusty managed to obliterate other Daleks.
You are right, we should change their gunsticks to 8-B then.

Also, I'm not sure about scaling the Doctors sonics to the scene where he pushes back the Dalek and destroyes it.

Colonel Krukov said:
Also, I'm not sure about scaling the Doctors sonics to the scene where he pushes back the Dalek and destroyes it.
What do you mean?

I'm guessing the good Colonel refers to the scene in Day of the Doctor in which 10, 11, and War Doctor zap a Dalek with their screwdrivers and don't look at explosions. I don't know if dividing the force by three would get us an answer for individual screwdrivers. There was a scene in that 10th Doctor episode with those little fat monsters in which 10 used akimbo screwdrivers to create a big blast, too. I'll see if I can find any from individual screwdrivers, but in the meantime, we should worry about just the Daleks. Oh, and I think the OP is sound.

I can't find the image so here's the transcript:

[Gallifrey Falls]

(Time begins to move inside the 3D painting, which contains three extra figures by the image of an exploding Dalek.)

DALEK: Exterminate!

(Three sonic screwdrivers send the unhappy pepperpot crashing out of the painting and into -)

[Black Archive]

(Followed by three of the same Time Lord. The Dalek expires.)

WARRIOR: Hello.

DOCTOR 10: I'm the Doctor.

DOCTOR: Sorry about the Dalek.

Lemme address the Reality Bomb, though. I agree that it is not standard weaponry for the Daleks. However, I think there is somthing to be said about their prep time. They stole lots of Time Lord tech, went toe to toe with them in the Time War, and such. I think the reason why we don't see factions like the Daleks spamming higher-dimensional weaponry very much is because they fear attaining the attention of the Time Lords (or possibly the Guardians of Time in some cases). Darvos seized the opportunity he had from the Time Lords not being around for a while due to the Moment.

The Daleks have their own eye of harmony too

@Colonel

You might could find footage from Dailymotion.com. I'd get it myself, but my computer is s-l-o-w. I think this is good enough, though.

We have an option in finding the value of the two feats I mentioned, dividing them by three and two respectively, and then seeing if the resulting values match up. But first it would have to be established that combining screwdrivers doesn't multiply the effect. Anyway, this is off topic; sorry, Fanof RPGs. We could talk about that on my or your wall if you like, Colonel.

Oh, and I think atomizing a person is hax, not AP. But it's really good hax!

As far as the Dalek Ships are concerned, I think the values are aprroximate enough to just put them at High 4-C, 4-A with Neutron Strikes. Context permits this, as well, since the ships weren't struggling to do these feats.

Sorry, I am only at Planet of the Dead ATM, I am not even close to season 7/8 so I do not know the new feats

@Fan Man

Don't worry, there's no inconsistencies to be found in them! This is good work you've got here! I think it would be wise to condense the info of the Dalek ships and maybe some other little things, though. Still, excellent job!

I have a link showing what the source-scriot would look like for the updated page, it might need some additions but it should show what the page would look like according to what I have posted

I am not sure if it is wank, but I hear standard late-time war Dalek weapons could destroy alternate realities and galaxies, is that true?

They are already "At least Galaxy level, possibly Universe level (With the Apocalypse Element)"

Dunno about "Alternate Realities" though

Bump

I found this feat in the season 5 episode, "Victory of the Daleks

WHITE DALEK: "His power is derived from an Oblivion Continuum! Call off your attack, or we will detonate the android."

DOCTOR: "No! This is my best chance ever! The last of the Daleks! I can rid the Universe of you, once and for all!"

WHITE DALEK: "Then do it. But we will shatter the planet below! The Earth will die screaming!"

DOCTOR: "And if I let you go, you'll be stronger than ever. A new race of Daleks."

DOCTOR: "Ow! Sorry, Professor. You're a bomb! An inconceivably massive Dalek bomb."

BRACEWELL: "What? DOCTOR: There's an Oblivion Continuum inside you - a captured wormhole that provides perpetual power. Detonate that, and the Earth will bleed through into another dimension! Now keep down!"

DOCTOR: "Not wired him up! He is a bomb. Walking, talking, exploding! The moment that flashes red."

The daleks can make human sized bombs which shatter planets so thoroughly its existence bleed into other realms, is this quantifiable or usable as a feat?

From "Parting of the Ways" in Season 1

DOCTOR: You'll be all right, Lynda. That side of the station's reinforced against meteors.
[Observation gallery]
LYNDA: Hope so! You know what they say about Earth workmanship.
(A Dalek with an oxy-acetylene torch instead of sink plunger starts cutting through the door. Then she turns to see four Daleks rising up outside the big window. One fires, breaking the glass. Lynda screams, just once.)

So their lasers are more powerful than meteor strikes going by this, what tier would this feat be most likely?

Their lasers can atomize gold at full power (IDK the source)

http://i.imgur.com/8LloJfm.png

From "Anatomy of a Dalek"

The War Computer - A memory cell in which the Dalek stores war knowledge, containing every fighting maneuver or dangerous situation known to Dalek. It can select a course of action in micro-seconds.

Daleks have built in AIs that give them microseconds worth of reactions in what they should do in combat

Daleks should have information manipulation, as they can download the entire internet in seconds, which means he can understand hundreds of exabytes in seconds and retain it all

GODDARD: We're losing power. It's draining the base. Oh, my God. It's draining entire power supplies for the whole of Utah.

DOCTOR: It's downloading.

VAN STATTEN: Downloading what?

GODDARD: Sir, the entire West Coast has gone down.

DOCTOR: It's not just energy. That Dalek just absorbed the entire internet. It knows everything.

Some stuff that can be added

Prolly not AP, but hax. Good hax. Consistent with other hax weaponry such as De-Mats (the weapons that erase things or people from existence, seen in Engines of War) and the Continuum Bombs (the weapon that changes a person's past in negative ways, seen in the recent comic with the latest three Doctors, will provide screenshot if necessary).

This needs some staff input, other than myself

AMM and Antvasima are staff and likes Doctor Who, could we see if they could comment?

Sure, although it would be better to contact Azzy over Ant since Ant is really busy.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Since there seems to have been discussion after the OP, what are the current proposed changes?
Inclusions of hax for their standard armor, an overall for images with their incarnations, and an inclusion of weapons which change their "conventional" tiering a bit

You can see what I have so far on my profile

I don't really see a problem with that.

By the way, I don't know if this was mentioned, but as further support for Dalek ship power, there was a statement in one of the early Peter Capaldi episodes (the one where they go inside a Dalek), where it's mentioned that Daleks have destroyed thousands(?) of stars, but it's overwhelmed by the beauty of one being born.

Ye, I mentioned that in a previous thread which got the Daleks their High 4-C rating.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I don't really see a problem with that.
By the way, I don't know if this was mentioned, but as further support for Dalek ship power, there was a statement in one of the early Peter Capaldi episodes (the one where they go inside a Dalek), where it's mentioned that Daleks have destroyed thousands(?) of stars, but it's overwhelmed by the beauty of one being born.
Yes, that is included.

Yes, this is not so much a tier-changing revision as one to organize and better cite material. There is much more hax to be added, but I shall leave it to the more experienced to determine which tech connotes what ability. Oh, and some buffs for the main Dalek ships, too. High 4-C normally, with 4-A capabilites is good. It's backed up with modern Dalek tech getting statements like the one Azzy mentioned from Enter the Dalek (though that destruction was likely caused over time, it connotes that the Dalek Empire still has good tech even after rebuilding after the Time War and whatnot).

I think telepathy and temporal precognition also can be added

DOCTOR [on monitor]: "I'm sorry, but I can't. Sometimes I can, sometimes I do. Most times I can save someone, or anyone. But not you. You wondered all your life why that Dalek spared you. I think it knew. Your death is fixed in time for ever. And that's right."

They are part of a telepathic hivemind which even the doctor cannot hack into

OSWIN [OC]: "The Daleks, they have a hive mind. Well, they don't, they have a sort of telepathic web."

DOCTOR: "The path web, yes."

[Room]

OSWIN: "I hacked into it, did a mass delete"

[Intensive Care]

OSWIN [OC]: "On all the information connected with the Doctor."

DOCTOR: "You made them forget me?"

[Room]OSWIN: "Good, eh? And here comes the door."

[Intensive Care]

(The door rises.)

DOCTOR: "I've tried hacking into the path web. Even I couldn't do it."

Lastly, I have a few last weapons I forgot to mention

Dalek Time Strategist: "Dalek Temporal Assault Squad, you are each being fitted with the primary weapon: dark matter explosive devices capable of destabilizing a black hole. Activation will require your extermination."

What tier is this?

Looks good, the eye of harmony is High 1-C btw

Can you write a summary of the proposed changes?

-Add tabbers with more incarnations of the daleks

-Make pre-time war Daleks, and time war daleks without their shielding too, 9-A for defense

-Include the yield of their fully dialed Gunsticks, which can turn people and gold into atoms

-Include the planetary yields of standard Dalek weapons, and also their Neutron Strikes which range from 4-B to 4-A

-Include hax like nano-technology which gives them regen and adaptation, or systems which let them identify weapons or objects in nanoseconds and give them a protocal on fighting in microseconds

-The eye of harmony makes them high 1-C

-Include more "notable dalek characters"

FanofRPGs said:
-Include the yield of their fully dialed Gunsticks, which can turn people and gold into atoms
I'm willing to calc this providing you can give me the source material that backs this up.

Colonel Krukov said:
FanofRPGs said:
I'm willing to calc this providing you can give me the source material that backs this up.
http://i.imgur.com/8LloJfm.png

"And you know how those Dalek guns work, don't you? On full power, they can blast a human being to atoms in a split second. But they never do that. Every Dalek dials down the power on its gun-stick to the specific level that will kill a human being. Then they lower the power just a tiny bit further, so that the beam burns away the central nervous system from the outsside in, meaning that every huuman bieng dies in agony. So it takes a full two to three seconds for a Dalek to exterminate one of us-and that's deliberate."

Thanks!

Was the object a person or was it an object? Need to know what was destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back