• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Damus Adapin VS. Jay Grimoire

These two have some oddly specific similarities. Part of a four-man team, including a spunky blonde, a half-animal named Zephyr, and a princess named alana, who teamed up to save their world from a tyrant. Also, token black protag. Let's do this! Damus is in his first key, and Jay is in his post-second wind. Speed is equalized. Who'll win?

Jay Grimoire: 3

Damus Adapi:

Inconclusive:

Also, reality warping? Damus is screwed.

He does have the Higher AP tho.

Edit: "Part of a four-man team, including a spunky blonde, a half-animal named Zephyr, and a princess named alana, who teamed up to save their world from a tyrant. Also, token black protag."

1. Both Zephyrs are Yokai as well.

2. The similarities between them are terrifying close.

Komodo25M said:
What can Jay do when Physics Manipulation and Concept Manipulation?
Pretty much works on the standards of Ban's snatch or Josuke's soft and wet. He can steal properties from objects like friction, heat, and senses. He can steal biological abilities, but he can't steal supernatural ones yet.

Pretty much works on the standards of Ban's snatch or Josuke's soft and wet. He can steal properties from objects like friction, heat, and senses. He can steal biological abilities, but he can't steal supernatural ones yet.

Oh. I honestly thought it was going to be more of a stomp than I thought.

Saving Throw GG? Jay scales above Remus, who resisted it from Lissa. It's not guaranteed it'll work given the AP difference.

To put it mathematically, since Jay's 15 megatons and Damus is 25 megatons, Jay has about a 3/5 chance of nulling it.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Magic and ap go hand-in-hand in Deus Ex. If he doesn't have 7-B time manip, it gets no u'd
Actually, you know that Episode from Star vs the Forces of Evil where Star accidently stopped time throughout the universe? Damus did that to the Earth.

Can he focus it on Jay? Otherwise he's gonna resist. And there's nothing indicating in his profile that he can.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Can he focus it on Jay? Otherwise he's gonna resist. And there's nothing indicating in his profile that he can.
He can actually manipulate the personal time of an opponent, due to his training with Bolt.

From what I'm seeing I'm kiiiinddaaa leaning towards Damus's side

On a side note that has nothing to do with this: it might be fun if mah boi hopped in against an Astiria char

Smashtwig said:
From what I'm seeing I'm kiiiinddaaa leaning towards Damus's side

On a side note that has nothing to do with this: it might be fun if mah boi hopped in against an Astiria char
Ethan Looks like Ben Tennyson

Well high-mid regen looks like it's gonna be a bitch for damus to get past. And yeah, if Damus touches Jay's aura jay can just yoink it away and make himself the werewolf.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Well high-mid regen looks like it's gonna be a bitch for damus to get past. And yeah, if Damus touches Jay's aura jay can just yoink it away and make himself the werewolf.
Jay uses an aura to use it? Hmm... well, even if Damus didn't have knowledge of it, due to the crazy crap he goes through, he might keep his distance from Jay. Also, he can Manipulate Jay's personal time by slowing him down or even making him stand in place.

I'm voting Jay though, because Damus is mostly a close range fighter and wouldn't instantly think that Jay's aura is going to be a problem.

How come EVERYONE says that...?!

But I see... I think personal time manip (especially time stop) would make issues. I would FRA it, but mmm.... Depends on what he can do with Personal Time stuff

Aura is non-physical in any case, it's basically Reiatsu or Nen.

The way i see this going is that (Assuming Damus doesn't get paralyzed by aura initially) Jay blasts him, realizes he can regen and/or turn into a werewolf, and yoinks it for himself.

Smashtwig said:
How come EVERYONE says that...?!
But I see... I think personal time manip (especially time stop) would make issues. I would FRA it, but mmm.... Depends on what he can do with Personal Time stuff
During the Prologue Arc, he can just slow people down.

Back